What's the hardest boss you've ever fought?

Irelia

please dont vote for kanye
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Island
Alola
New Horizons Token
Orange Candy
Purple Candy
Green Candy
Yellow Candy
Father's Day Carnation
Father's Day Carnation
Right now, I'm trying to beat Sans on the genocide route for Undertale and it's seriously one of the most difficult things
Dodging his attacks is insane, and I've tried at least 30 times so far. I refuse to give up though, because I'm determined undertale joke cough

Anyway, what's the hardest boss you've ever fought? Could be any game, and why?

Last edited:
I think Pokemon Diamond's elite four was like the hardest thing I ever did. I had to get like 9,000 revives and max potions + I planned out everything yet still barely made it. The old pokemon games were wayyyy harder, now the new ones are just super easy lol

If the Elite Four has taught me one thing, that it's to never rush through the game and beat the Champion as fast as you can.

I think Pokemon Diamond's elite four was like the hardest thing I ever did. I had to get like 9,000 revives and max potions + I planned out everything yet still barely made it. The old pokemon games were wayyyy harder, now the new ones are just super easy lol

If the Elite Four has taught me one thing, that it's to never rush through the game and beat the Champion as fast as you can.

I gotta say though, Heart Gold/ Soul Silver's elite four was pretty tough too because the game had your pokemon so under-leveled compared to the elite four and lance.
Not to mention, 3 freaking dragonites...

- - - Post Merge - - -

tbh
beating the elite four in oras was super hard for me before i got rayquaza ngl :'U

no

I gotta say though, Heart Gold/ Soul Silver's elite four was pretty tough too because the game had your pokemon so under-leveled compared to the elite four and lance.
Not to mention, 3 freaking dragonites...

- - - Post Merge - - -

no

omg yes lol I think I only made it in one of my runs of SS x. x

Uh... I'm not really certain. Probably one of the uber bosses and monsters from the Final Fantasy series. It took me forever to figure out a good strategy for adamantoise in FFXIII.

Edit: Oh yeah, and even worse than that, long gui. It was like adamantoise but even more ridiculous.

Last edited:
pokemon red/blue/green, the originals, with the old cartridge that fit at the bottom of the ds and everything, is SO HARD. I can barely get past bruno it's so annoying. and i had grinded my pokemon as high as i could get them, seriously. i can't remember if this was the game that had the champion and then blue as another champion, but it was definitely hard as crap.

Probably Sir Sweet from Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? on PSP. I think it's one of the only games where I've had to use guides to purely get through a level instead of looking for collectibles or secrets. For the most part, despite wasting 100 lives (you get 1000 total, how long you live is determined based off difficulty [3 hits v 1 hit]) I managed to get to the end with 800 some lives. By the time I finally beat Sir Sweet I'd burned through half of those lives on off for three days. Fun game I wouldn't mind revisiting one day, but at the same time I'm in no hurry to.

When I was a kid trying to fight the Ice Queen on Dark Cloud was literally impossible. Even when I went back to play it on the PS4 remaster last year she took a few tries to beat. You have to time throwing attacks/fire gems at her and running back to cover behind a pillar perfectly otherwise you get frozen solid, unable to move until she attacks you and takes a huge chunk off your HP. It's the most frustrating thing standing there unable to move as she wipes you out, only to get frozen again immediately after breaking free.

My 7 year old brain couldn't figure it out. I still hate her to this day.

Ragu 'O Ragula; The King of the Monsters from the Wild ARMs series, particularly from Wild Arms 2. Dude was a total pain if you didn't cheese him and put him to sleep.

Probably the final boss in "The Legendary Starfy". He was hard because every time I lost, I had to go through a huge cut scene. The button mash I only failed the first time, but the 2nd nah.

And not the secret final boss either.

Last edited:
in Fullmetal Alchemist curse of the crimson elixir, the fourth boss is a golem and omfg I have the worst time beating him
the phantom you battle is also really difficult, but that golem is the worst by far lol

The Ogre Titan in Golden Sun Dark Dawn, I tried everyday for like 2 months the summer I played it and still can't beat him holy ****.

For some reason, fighting Lagerfeld in Resonance of Fate was one of the most frustrating things I've ever experienced as a gamer. I could NOT get the pattern down, and poor Zephyr got brutally murdered more times than I care to admit. Looking at Gamefaqs now, I actually feel shame, since I seem to be one of the ONLY people who found this boss fight nearly impossible. Maybe I was just too used to getting chains built up with help from the other two characters.

Also, to be frank, I found the fight to be bull**** on a meta level, since it's literally a fully grown man straight-up murdering a teenage boy in like two hits.

Related but less stressful, Panthera Cantus on Ultimate Mode in The World Ends With You is no picnic, unless you're practically cheating by focusing on Joshua while Neku chills out with the Eden set on the bottom screen. Heaven help you if you need the Darklit Planet said Boss Noise drops...

Yiazmat from Final Fantasy XII. I did emerge victorious on my first try but it took something like 3,5 hours to beat it. If I'd snuffed it after 3 hours (and it was close, lemme tell you) I probably wouldn't even have given it another try. Hardest part was keeping focused for such a long period.

Monstrous Ogre from Tekken 5's Devil Within and Telethia The Endbringer from Xenoblade Chronicles X, no matter how many times I try I could never beat those two op ****ers

the last battles of the solosseum series in ni no kuni were really hard. had to try many times and use exhausting techniques that went on for so long.
i also had so much trouble with ebrietas, an optional boss in bloodborne. generally ever boss is hard there but i always level up alot before i feel comfortably going through the next part of the game but ebrietas was seriously freaking hard even with npc help. thankfully i managed to beat her alone. i left off 4 months ago after playing hardcore straight for a month when i was right before the end. i still have to go through the final boss 3 times for the different ending trophies and also the phutemerian queen of the dungeons. >,<
the final boss of killzone 2 wasnt easy either but atleast eventually i beat that guy too. many tries went into this boss too. ;-;

not including the X mode bosses in the series, cackletta's soul was very tough

Back