The Women's March!

not sure how "largest activist movement in US history" (that also expanded across the entire globe) equates to "won't change anything". especially when even smaller movements managed to force change, but lol ok

- - - Post Merge - - -

also, please stop acting your age

I'm being mature about this. I am acting 15 about this.

I think the women's march was an outstanding event that showed the values of America.

I however disagree with the reason why they protested as why they were protesting was not true.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A lot of people from Minnesota on this thread...

I didn't attend. I don't think large protests are really all that effective. Yeah, you get to make some noise and get on TV, but well-organized local events are more effective in my opinion. I wonder where all of these marchers will be in 2 and 4 years when the next elections are. Hopefully this isn't just some fleeting thing for people to blow off some steam before getting lazy again when it actually counts.

Yes. That's what I'm saying. It won't be effective in my opinion as well.

I didn't attend. I don't think large protests are really all that effective. Yeah, you get to make some noise and get on TV, but well-organized local events are more effective in my opinion. I wonder where all of these marchers will be in 2 and 4 years when the next elections are. Hopefully this isn't just some fleeting thing for people to blow off some steam before getting lazy again when it actually counts.

I wouldn't say they're ineffective, but yeah they certainly can't be the only focus to get stuff done.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm being mature about this. I am acting 15 about this.

sorry, but this is a contradiction

I wouldn't say they're ineffective, but yeah they certainly can't be the only focus to get stuff done.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Please stop trying to start stuff. All I'm doing is being an active person on this thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Protests can be effective if they're well-organized and there are people there to get names and contact info from protesters so they can be called / emailed later and kept motivated and politically active for other events and campaigns. If it just ends up being people getting together, marching, and then scattering afterward, then it's more or less a waste of time. For example, as much as I dislike the Tea Party movement, they were very disciplined and were effective at targeting their efforts to achieve the maximum political impact. I think a lot of liberals spend too much time focusing on the big, shiny objects like marches, and not enough on the less sexy stuff like attending neighborhood meetings, voter registration, and phone / door-to-door campaigning.

Please stop trying to start stuff. All I'm doing is being an active person on this thread.

aww, but you're so predictably fun to play with....

anyways, anyone involved in or supporting the movement, yes get active in other venues too. and above all, stay active

it goes without saying, that doing this for just a day, or a week, or even a month, etc, won't mean anything if you won't keep it up

Last edited:

Hopefully with everything that's transpiring and will probably transpire these next four years, we get people more interested in the political climate of their countries, especially since it was a worldwide march.

One of my friends went there. I wish I could have attended as well but ("unfortunately") I don't live in America anymore. I'm glad to see so many people standing up for their own right and those of others.

Nope, but my English teacher went to the one here in Jackson, MS.
I was impressed. I'm supporting them the whole way.

what exactly was the march about? Can't find any specifics even when searching with google and looking at instagram

Last edited:
im glad we have these marches. they help give reminders to the country of what problems are there that need to be solved.

i think the women's march was a fantastic protest... a lot of people that i look up to went, which was a nice sight. the country is really starting to come together with stuff like this. if most of the country can agree on one thing, it's that trump is gonna be a **** president, lol :D

There was a women's march near my city, but it wasn't exactly in one of the safest areas to have a march. Going to a place with higher crime rates plus large amounts of protestors doesn't sound lIke a good idea.

What about a Trump supporter's march? No. I'm serious.

Trump supporters are viciously attacked for supporting Trump.

Yeah, it was called the inauguration. To show your support for the new president.
There doesn't need to be a supporters march, he's your president, the country spoke. Give it a rest, we get you have a contrasting opinion on this thread, and you shouldn't be "vicously attacked" for it, but don't expect to post on a topic that supports the total opposite of your views and expect to not be treated more negatively and then be upset for it.

marches get media. media gets attention. attention gets awareness.
problems in this country don't get solved if they aren't acknowledged, and half of the time people won't admit/will deny that there is a problem. so marches/protests do have a purpose. if people are talking about their meaning, (and sometimes people try to deflect their meaning with something negative) we are reminded of the meaning behind these marches, and the problems that need to be discussed about and worked on to be solved.

I didn't attend one (I'm in Canada, idk if we even had one but everyone trying to get to the states was denied entry lmao) but I think it's a good thing and definitely something that needed to happen.

However I do have one criticism that I think is worth bringing up: The amount of genitalia-obsessed signs ("This cat grabs back" "CatPower" "No Vag No Opinion" etc). They may have had good intentions but making feminism about vaginas is making it cissexist and transphobic and is moving backwards. Not every woman has a snatch and not everyone with one is a woman and feminism needs to move far far away from equating women to what's between their legs.

Last edited:
It's like a meat eater being obnoxious and saying "Yeah steak is great!" on a vegan thread and then being attacked for that statement and complaining afterwards wondering why he can't share his views lol

Trump supporters are viciously attacked for supporting Trump.

I thought you were going to post those two links and then begone, is Trump being President not enough for you? No? GO HOME. (You sound ridiculous)

This is about WOMEN, not those 'poor innocent Trump supporters' who support a man who has disgraced Women several times. (Do you see why you are being responded to negatively now?)

Last edited:
I thought you were going to post those two links and then begone, is Trump being President not enough for you? No? GO HOME. (You sound ridiculous)

This is about WOMEN, not those 'poor innocent Trump supporters' who support a man who has disgraced Women several times. (Do you see why you are being responded to negatively now?)

hes helped women way more than he has disgraced them
but anyway
im fine with protest as long as no one is hurt or any property is damaged.

I honestly just enjoy hearing people chant "**** trump" in the streets, has a nice ring to it ;)

These women have the right to go protest in the street, and I'm glad they're uniting together for the cause. It would be so cool to be there in person if it's a peaceful one (which most are) c:

Back