New Horizons Token
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Famous Mushroom
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Cherry (Fruit)
Winter Mittens
Tasty Cake
Cake
I was able to go the Women's March in Minnesota and it was fantastic. 60,000 people joined in, from small children to elderly folks in walkers/wheelchairs. Such a great feeling of unity and love.

Were you able to go to the Women's March in your city? Share your experience!

**If you don't have anything nice to say in this post, please don't comment at all.**

hmmm I heard that they were having one in my area. I would have loved to go see, it's only sometimes you get to experience these kind of things lol
But I saw it on the news and man there was a lot of people 0-0

I was able to go the Women's March in Minnesota and it was fantastic. 60,000 people joined in, from small children to elderly folks in walkers/wheelchairs. Such a great feeling of unity and love.

Were you able to go to the Women's March in your city? Share your experience!

**If you don't have anything nice to say in this post, please don't comment at all.**

I'm in MN and I wish I had known about it sooner, I totally would have been there too. I was very proud to see these marches all across the country and the world~ democratic protest at its finest imo.

Meh. It's nice they're peacefully protesting. Even though it won't change anything.

Last edited:
It was peaceful. So I think it's good on them for using their right to protest

I think people coming together where it do no harm to others, is a positive thing. I would probably attend if able.

Unfortunately I was not able to attend any. I live in a small town. As far as I know, there wasn't one here. =(

I'm very happy for these protests, though. To say they do "nothing" is ignorant. On election night my image of this country was completely shattered, replaced with the idea that we live in a nation of hating everyone that's labeled "different". I felt like dirt. I no longer felt in the slightest bit welcome. However, yesterday, the sheer amount of people that showed up to these protests... They came out and made it very clear that we are NOT a nation of hate.

So it very much is NOT pointless. The message it sent out is very necessary, and very appreciated by everyone that could attend. I wish I could have gone. I really do. =(

Last edited:
How can you say for others to keep their opinions to themselves but then... I don't know.

I'm just going to provide two links (will edit) and then begone with this thread.

I'm in Philadelphia and 50k people showed up for Women's march! So amazing :)

ALSO THIS MADE ME LAUGH
2r6alDq.png

I don't like Madonna as a person very much, but it made me laugh when she said she'd often thought about blowing up the White House.

Madonna thinking about blowing up the white house means she has some serious issues tbh.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here are the links;

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...53018f9a0ec_story.html?utm_term=.c041871f451e

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016...ats-turning-tide-against-hillary-clinton.html
If you've nothing to contribute please don't post or edit any more. :)

Sadly I was working during most of the March and had pre-made plans from before the march to hang with my little brother, otherwise I would have loved to have gone to the DC one. The pictures and speeches were pretty great, definitely enjoyed listening to Rep John Lewis' speech from Atlanta.

Sadly I was working during most of the March and had pre-made plans from before the march to hang with my little brother, otherwise I would have loved to have gone to the DC one. The pictures and speeches were pretty great, definitely enjoyed listening to Rep John Lewis' speech from Atlanta.

Thanks, Tom :)

I also really enjoyed Ashley Judd's Nasty Woman speech. Such powerful and moving words. Here's the video for any of those that missed it.

I was contributing. It's a thread for TBT members and I was posting my opinion and my thoughts on it. :)

I feel like just because I have a different opinion and I was trying to present both sides of a controversial issue that I can get in trouble unfairly. It's a thread. Discussion is supposed to happen. It's not supposed to be "backing up" and supporting the original poster. Especially when it comes to a political thread.

Last edited:
No, I didn't go. DC isn't far from where I currently live, either. I do really support the cause, but I really don't like large crowds. They stress me out and kinda even terrify me. So that's why I don't go.

Meh. It's nice they're peacefully protesting. Even though it won't change anything.

not sure how "largest activist movement in US history" (that also expanded across the entire globe) equates to "won't change anything". especially when even smaller movements managed to force change, but lol ok

- - - Post Merge - - -

I was contributing. It's a thread for TBT members and I was posting my opinion and my thoughts on it. :)

I feel like just because I have a different opinion and I was trying to present both sides of a controversial issue that I can get in trouble unfairly. It's a thread. Discussion is supposed to happen. It's not supposed to be "backing up" and supporting the original poster. Especially when it comes to a political thread.

also, please stop acting your age

Last edited:
A lot of people from Minnesota on this thread...

I didn't attend. I don't think large protests are really all that effective. Yeah, you get to make some noise and get on TV, but well-organized local events are more effective in my opinion. I wonder where all of these marchers will be in 2 and 4 years when the next elections are. Hopefully this isn't just some fleeting thing for people to blow off some steam before getting lazy again when it actually counts.

Back