White Lily
Pear (Fruit)
Yellow Violet
Tasty Cake
Silver Mailbox
Pavé
Pumpkin Cupcake
Cake
Hi guys, Stella just moved in and I'm working on plot resetting her right now. This is my first time plot resetting since I upgraded to a New 3DS XL. It is not working. I've taken like a million pictures at this point lmao. Is soft resetting not a thing on the New 3DS??? I've used L+R+START+SELECT, as well as ZL and ZR. Plot resetting is tedious as it is with soft resetting, so am I seriously going to need to hard reset every time? :/

Any help is appreciated.

They might have fixed the glitch in the Welcome amiibo update, but I'm not too sure.

I just go to home menu, exit then load the game again (use new save file) if I don't want the placement of the villager plot.

I just go to home menu, exit then load the game again (use new save file) if I don't want the placement of the villager plot.

Yes, that's (kinda) hard resetting, and it's more tedious than soft resetting. :( I guess I'll have to do that.

Yes, that's (kinda) hard resetting, and it's more tedious than soft resetting. :( I guess I'll have to do that.

There's nothing tedious about it, at least for me, maybe because I didn't know you could do soft resetting before (or a glitch exists for that matter haha) so I got used to that habit. Regardless, I think it'd still be less tedious to plot reset now, that is if you cover your town with paths and leave 3x3 spaces. Good luck with Stella :)

I'm with the others on this one. I didn't even know soft resetting was a thing. I just hard reset every time and make sure I have pwps in hoy areas where they like to go.

I ended up doing the hard resetting. Wasn't as bad as I was thinking it was going to be, but soft resetting was definitely much easier. That's weird that the link suggests that soft resetting was only a Pokemon thing, because I most definitely used it for ACNL for plot resetting on my normal 3DS. Odd! Maybe I'm crazy :~) I also used soft resetting on my Fire Emblem games.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Stella eventually got into a good place, and that's all that matters!

i'm with the others, i wasnt even aware that soft resetting existed. i get bored of plot resetting REALLY fast so i wish it actually worked.. i normally cant even do 15 resets without taking a break

Back