• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon X & Y vs Sun & Moon

What did you like more?

• Total voters
I haven't played S&M, but personally I didn't really like ORAS so I thought S&M would be the same.

Both are pretty good games, but I have to say I prefer X and Y. X and Y were fresh, they were the first 3DS main titled Pok?mon games. I remember I was so excited to pick it up on launch. New adventures, new Pok?mon, Mega Evolution, the technical jump from Black 2 and White 2 to X and Y was huge. The new models looked amazing on the 3DS, there were new ways to catch shiny Pok?mon and IV breeding and EV training were made easier for new trainers to learn. Mega Evolution was an amazing new feature that allowed older Pok?mon to shine in battle. The music in these games was also pretty good and although the game felt easy, I still enjoyed it. The PSS made it easy for people to battle and trade. While the post game was lackluster, except for the Looker missions, the amount of battling and trading I did made it better. Also, when X and Y came out, there wasn't a hacking scene. Everything in the game was pure, shiny Pok?mon had real value, completing your Pok?dex was difficult, even with the GTS. When the game came out, we all patiently waited for Pok?bank to be released. I remember when it came out, it was amazing because we finally got to see our old favorites in 3D. Trainer customization was a fantastic feature and the fact that we could now change our skin colour was appreciated. The Pangoro Hat is also in X and Y, which is a bonus. The characters; however, are really bad. The story is pretty terrible too.

Sun and Moon on the other hand, nothing really felt overly special. As soon as the games were released, hacking was readily available, so any shinies and rare Pok?mon really don't have much value other than sentimental value. A lot of the older Pok?mon models are reused, so nothing seemed overly fresh. Z Moves seem rushed and can't compare to Mega Evolution. The Festival Plaza replacing the PSS was a horrible decision. Thankfully, Sun and Moon gave a challenge, has a much better story and the characters are memorable. I'm glad they tried something new with Island Trials, and the Ultra Beast side quest is a nice addition. Team Skull is also a lot better than Team Flare in my opinion.

Pok?mon Heart Gold and Soul Silver still have my heart though.

I loved X, almost 1,000 hours in it!

Moon/Sun suck sooooo much, I was barely able to finish them, fishing sucks! trials suck! SOS sucks! That idea instead of the HMs sucks! No national dex sucks!

X/Y now after a few years. Even though that ass-large city is impossible to get around you didn't get stopped every five minute and it didn't lag on older consoles.

X/Y now after a few years. Even though that ass-large city is impossible to get around you didn't get stopped every five minute and it didn't lag on older consoles.

I have to agree that Sun and Moon focused too much on story rather than gameplay. You can't even skip cutscenes. Plus, the characters that stop you every moment aren't that good. Hau seems to be more of a joke for a rival, and Lillie does not look pretty in the "Z-powered" outfit.

And yes, it seemed more discriminatory towards the older 3DS models.

I have to agree that Sun and Moon focused too much on story rather than gameplay. You can't even skip cutscenes. Plus, the characters that stop you every moment aren't that good. Hau seems to be more of a joke for a rival, and Lillie does not look pretty in the "Z-powered" outfit.

And yes, it seemed more discriminatory towards the older 3DS models.

Yeah, and the really crappy post-game training possibilities other than battling Elite Four or that Game Freak person (unless you want to grind in the grass for less xp, but less defense Pok?mon I guess). And it's too focused on training and EV/IV stats, looking at some Elite Four and later trainers, unless you did proper training they can be hard unless you get a lot of money and can buy healing items I guess.

Yep, they were. And I "love" how they somewhat refused to be open about it because they wanted to sell it and since it didn't really crash and/or performed "too badly" they didn't say a thing because that would probably affect their sales... Despite obvious reports. And I think I most hates how heavy it was on graphics and processor etc. Some says it runes slow on the "New" consoles as well, I dunno about that since it ran normal for me when I had one of those. I guess they were open about that Xenoblades games or what it was some years ago because that is a more niche title and it wouldn't give any significant change in their sales I assume.

Back