• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Bayonetta General Discussion Thread - "Bayonetta 3 Confirmed, Really" Edition

Bowie

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Gold Trophy (First Place)
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
Bayonetta General Discussion Thread - "Bayonetta 3 Confirmed, Really" Edition

LKJnM7I.png

Welcome to the Bayonetta general discussion thread, created in celebration of Bayonetta 2's upcoming third anniversary! Feel free to discuss both games here, as well as discuss her apperance in Super Smash Bros. and her film Bloody Fate.

What is this game?

Bayonetta is a third-person hack-and-slash video game series developed by PlatinumGames and published initially by SEGA and now by Nintendo.

The game was originally released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2009-2010. The game was later ported to the Wii U alongside the release of a sequel, Bayonetta 2, in 2014.

By 2018, the third game will be released!

What?s it about?

Without spoiling too much, Bayonetta is about two magical European clans (representative of a kind of Heaven and Hell), the Lumen Sages and the Umbra Witches. Bayonetta is one of the last surviving members of her clan (thanks to an ancient war between them), and has to kill angels for a living to avoid being dragged down to Inferno (Hell).

Wait, is this the chick from Smash Bros.?

Yep! 
Bayonetta made her debut in the Super Smash Bros. series in December of 2015, and attention to her games has been increasing ever since!

Why is she so sexual? How come her clothes come off when she fights?

The Bayonetta series has been subject to criticism since ever its debut, in relation to Bayonetta's sexual appearance, dialogue, and mannerisms, many believing it to be offensive to women, though anyone who has played the games will know this couldn't be further from the truth.

In European folklore, witches were believed to use their hair to cast magic spells, and Bayonetta is no exception. Bayonetta's clothes are woven entirely from her hair, and when she uses her magic to summon demons in her fights, she uses up a lot of the hair which she is wearing.

When PlatinumGames were finishing development on the sequel, SEGA chose not to publish it, as they wanted to focus on bigger titles such as Sonic the Hedgehog. Just as PlatinumGames were considering cancelling the game, Nintendo swooped in just at the right moment, offering to publish it and make it a Wii U-exclusive.

The games' writer and director, Hideki Kamiya, has recently expressed interest in a third instalment of the series, and even talked of a possible spin-off title for the 3DS, starring Jeanne (one of Bayonetta's friends). An amiibo is currently being designed by PlatinumGames' team for Super Smash Bros.

Purchase Bayonetta for the Wii U on the eShop!

Purchase Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U on the eShop!

Purchase Bayonetta for PC on Steam!

Last edited:
I haven't played either one yet, though I own them both for Wii U. Yeah, I have a stupidly large video game backlog.

They look a lot of fun.

Bayonetta is straight up one of my FAVORITE female characters in all games, period. I've cosplayed as her, which was hard as heck because her suit (first game) makes no freaking sense IRL xD
Idk I just love the designs of the games, her personality, the game mechanics. The game feels good to play and it's very natural once you get used to the controls. The characters are interesting, as is the story. /gushing over

Moon river wider than mile, I'm crossing you in style, dream maker, heart breaker....

"Let's dance boys" "Didn't your mother tell you how to talk to a lady" "Cheeky"

Yeah, Bayonetta is one sassy and classy lady.

If any of you guys fancy a game of Tag Climax, feel free to message me. I need the halos for all the costumes!

SEGA have released their (very old) 8-bit gag game 8-Bit Bayonetta on Steam today! But that's not why this is getting a bump.

You can rearrange the achievement icons into a larger picture of the dark witch herself, and it gives you a link to a very mysterious "coming soon" page on the official SEGA website. Hype!

SEGA have released their (very old) 8-bit gag game 8-Bit Bayonetta on Steam today! But that's not why this is getting a bump.

You can rearrange the achievement icons into a larger picture of the dark witch herself, and it gives you a link to a very mysterious "coming soon" page on the official SEGA website. Hype!

Let's dance BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
I need a new modernized version of a Sinatra song about the moon rn.

The time has come! The first game is now officially available to download and play via Steam!

Those who download it early will also receive some additional content, including an art book and the OST!

Last edited:
Is there any other way to play Bayonetta 2 other than Wii U? I do not own that console.

Is there any other way to play Bayonetta 2 other than Wii U? I do not own that console.

Unfortunately, no. The first game is available on Steam, but most people don't think the second one will follow because Nintendo have the say on things like that. Maybe if we get lucky!

I wouldn't be surprised if another box set of all the games get released for the Switch if Bayonetta 3 ever becomes a thing.

You could use CEMU to emulate it 👀

I've been practicing Jeanne lately and I've been doing surprisingly well with her! So I went onto Tag Climax... and played with Dreamer, someone who got Pure Platinum on ever mission on every difficulty in both games. And the game was super laggy.
Now I feel like an idiot and am going to hide for like a month before playing this game again ok bye.

I've been practicing Jeanne lately and I've been doing surprisingly well with her! So I went onto Tag Climax... and played with Dreamer, someone who got Pure Platinum on ever mission on every difficulty in both games. And the game was super laggy.
Now I feel like an idiot and am going to hide for like a month before playing this game again ok bye.

Tag Climax has so few players nowadays I've played with literally every regularly active player on there, including Dreamer. He is absolutely amazing. He played as Bayonetta with me, with nothing but Love Is Blue equipped, and slayed every single game. I was playing as Rosa, so I got a higher score as him most of the time, and I was picking the hardest levels to try and test his skills.

I'm pretty good as Jeanne myself, but I have difficulty with the Witch Time thing. I'd prefer to play as Rosa, 'cause aesthetically I adore her, but I'm just not good enough for that yet (even though I've completed all chapters in all difficulties in both games).

If I remember correctly, Tag Climax plays on ∞ Climax at all times and damage is x2 more powerful than in single player, so you can imagine how easy it is to get demolished as someone as weak as Rosa!

If you ever decide to play again we could train together!

omg, I've seen/heard someone singing Moon River on tv and I suddenly miss playing Bayonetta 2.

I finally got the last broken witch heart and broken moon pearl pieces I needed in 2. Now I can look somewhat respectable online until they see me play.
So after that I did play online a bit and found someone named Ged?chtnis, who was also using Jeanne. It went decently well with 2 Jeannes on 3 star only missions (I think he was wearing a Gaze of Despair as well because why not :p). He used Samsa and Alruna while I used Angel Slayer and Rasetsu. I died a lot but I think I'm improving a bit?

Last edited:
News time!

PlatinumGames have been doing another very mysterious thing, seemingly to tease another Bayonetta-related product.

This time, they have been uploading some of Bayonetta's most iconic lines from both games, and each video repeats the same scene three times. Example:

What do you guys think this means? Hype!

Upon further investigation, it turns out that this is part of a "learn English with Bayonetta" article on PlatinumGames' website.

While this may seem like a downer, the funny thing is that they all come in threes. There are three lessons!

Last edited:
More news, kind of.

The PC port has been updated to include an avatar of Sam from Vanquish (another game developed by Platinum) in the Extras folder of the game.

More ports from Platinum seem to be on their way!

Last edited:
Back