• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Bayonetta General Discussion Thread - "Bayonetta 3 Confirmed, Really" Edition

Big news! PlatinumGames have revealed that they are in serious talks about Bayonetta 3, and are even talking about introducing a new (potentially male) protagonist!

Source.

Last edited:
Big news! PlatinumGames have revealed that they are in serious talks about Bayonetta 3, and are even talking about introducing a new (potentially male) protagonist!

Source.

Cool :eek: Also I read your first post now, and I really hope they do some sort of 3DS spin-off, game looks real neato. That will work on both old and new ones that is.

Cool :eek: Also I read your first post now, and I really hope they do some sort of 3DS spin-off, game looks real neato. That will work on both old and new ones that is.

Yep. I hope so too.

There are countless opportunities for new stories with Jeanne. She was on her own for 500 years while Bayonetta was asleep, and both games take place mere months apart.

Yep. I hope so too.

There are countless opportunities for new stories with Jeanne. She was on her own for 500 years while Bayonetta was asleep, and both games take place mere months apart.

Yeah, unless they pull that "new 3ds only" crap again and refuse to admit like with Sun/Moon def. buying it.

Yeah, I never played the games but the aesthetics and what I've read appeals for sure.

Yeah, unless they pull that "new 3ds only" crap again and refuse to admit like with Sun/Moon def. buying it.

Yeah, I never played the games but the aesthetics and what I've read appeals for sure.

I feel like Bayonetta would destroy the 3DS, though. The kind of gameplay takes a real toll on your controller, mashing button combinations constantly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like Bayonetta would destroy the 3DS, though. The kind of gameplay takes a real toll on your controller, mashing button combinations constantly.

Merged post so just gonna reply without quoting or it will destroy my small screen for sure.

Maybe, unless they actually bother to optimize, if they would make a side game like you suggested before. If they only do a random port that is obviously too heavy and/or will destroy it, then yes it will be bad.

To stray slightly away from the topic but onto ports, I've played both bad and good one for the PS Vita console. God Eater 2: Rage Burst is one example of a good one when they did the Vita version (also on PS4 I think) where you can enjoy the game as it is supposed to be. A bad example is Gal*Gun Double Peace (niche Japanese rail shooter fanservice stuff) where they didn't bother to do anything to optimize it at all. Bad touch screen tasks combined with clunky movements and some weird use of the rear plate behind and you had to multitask way too much with the button to even hit stuff sometimes.

DDx1WixUMAA0_8F.jpg:small

PlatinumGames of Japan have released this new image on their Twitter!

Many people instantly started pointing out the similarities between the colour schemes to the Nintendo Switch controller, and Platinum have fuelled the fire by liking some of these theoretical tweets!

Last edited:
Not only was it announced that the first two games in the series would be released for the Switch in February, but the third game has been officially announced alongside an eerie teaser trailer!

Last edited:
Back