• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why are hacked items banned?

This is a great question. I'm considering doing it on my second copy, I was just now looking at a page about how to do it, it's really easy and completely safe, the worst thing it can do is freeze. Obviously I won't sell hacked items here though, i'd just use it for my map, and to get landscaping items without spending 200+ TBT, lol. I'll probably hack items, but for myself. :p

I assume because it's a form of cheating and since we have a currency on the forum it would be seen as quite unfair for someone to-- for instance, sell or trade an item that they generated in-mass for something that a user had worked for / achieved fairly ^-^

This is a great question. I'm considering doing it on my second copy, I was just now looking at a page about how to do it, it's really easy and completely safe, the worst thing it can do is freeze. Obviously I won't sell hacked items here though, i'd just use it for my map, and to get landscaping items without spending 200+ TBT, lol. I'll probably hack items, but for myself. :p

You'd be totally fine doing that, I have plenty of hack towns and such myself, discussion about hacking is just limited in the forums and we can't discuss the process of doing it or use hacking for-profit. (None the less, I've seen it done a lot in shops and such :/ ) Though I do have to warn you, you CAN corrupt your file or even brick your game if you do something strange while hacking.

Last edited:
I'll be extremely careful then! :D And OMG I am in LOOOVVVVEEE with your posts! Bold blue, bow on top, adorable sanrio chatacter on the bottom, ahhh! I love it!

What about unreleased sets? I'm sort of scared to use the set I have, especially since I randomly received the set when I was in the middle of trading with someone else : s

She received it from me bc I went off and randomly dropped it since someone left it in my town.

i don't think it's as bad as in wild world but hacked items can cause some kind of negative impact. it's mostly minor inconveniences. for example, hacked flowers can't breed. i don't know anything else about it though.

Awwh thank you so much! I love blue and Cinnamoroll is my favorite Sanrio character <3

And you'll be fine to just use the set :D Anything you do in your personal copy is your own business! Just MAYBE don't sell it c: But tbh I've seen people sell "unlimited amounts of any item you want" as well as super limited region-specific items or spot pass items like the tree. ^^

i don't think it's as bad as in wild world but hacked items can cause some kind of negative impact. it's mostly minor inconveniences. for example, hacked flowers can't breed. i don't know anything else about it though.

How bad were Wild World hacked items?

Emotesuncoveredachack.jpg

: S

Why would you even try that. On a side note, I always forget just how ugly Wild World is compared to New Leaf

There were things called building seeds that could literally brick people's games. It was awful, awful chaos D,:

Too true... Had my game bricked from the ONLY Wi-fi encounter I had in that game. Part of the reason why I still haven't wi-fied with anyone except RL friends in New Leaf... I know bricking like that isn't possible anymore, but the trust issues are still there... :\

Right? It was scary! I'm so sorry you were one of the people that got bricked!! D: I had my town corrupted a few times, but thankfully never bricked... I just ended up learning how to hack to bring my town back and eventually make it nicer than what it started as ^^;; (Fun side note: I learned how to solder metal wire specifically to hack my town back then, lol. Geez.)

And yeah, I loved wild world and remembered thinking how nice-looking it was, now when I look back I kinda... yeah.. *shudder*

While building seeds don't happen anymore, it's still scary knowing that people *WANT* them and would happily do that to a stranger. :/ The worst thing that happened to me in new leaf was having hybrids trampled and stolen by a trader that I forgot to delete x-x

Last edited:
Back