• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you like rain?

I enjoy the rain when I don't need to go out in it, though I can't stand that dreary, drizzly, light rain. We tend to get a lot of that in excess here all throughout the year and it can be really depressing. Heavy rain is very exciting for me though, especially when the sky is leaden and ominous, that in particular is amazing. It's even better when it thunders, I absolutely LOVE thunderstorms but sadly they're pretty rare where I live, or at least, they're not as grand as the summer thunderstorms I experienced while I was in Canada or Germany.

I don't mind listening to the rain at night time when I'm trying to sleep, but I don't like going out in it, and I don't like it when it rains during the daytime tbh, it depresses me. :')

i absolutely love the rain, by far my favourite type of weather. just this morning i woke up and it was raining, so i pulled up my blinds, let the cloudy light flow through and lay in my bed playing animal crossing haha. thunderstorms are even better as the rain falls hard and powerfully and the sound of thunder reminds me of the security of my home. i think most of my enjoyment of the rain comes from the sense of security it provides and the ambient atmosphere it facilitates. despite that, i love being in the rain too, as long as i can get wet with repercussion, haha.

i've always been for comfy environments, ones that provide relaxation and a general calming effect, which rain does perfectly. :)

I like rain, but only up to a point. When it's cloudy and/or rainy every day for weeks, I can't stand it. That's part of the reason I hate winter (besides being cold), actually.

I also disliked June the most in Japan. June is, just like it is in Animal Crossing, rainy season. It rains a LOT then. Sometimes the rainy season starts in late May and can sometimes go into the first part of July too.

i love rain. i wish it could rain more, so im enjoying it while i can. i know for the rest of the year itll probably be really warm and dry and hot because that's cali.

i like rain as long as it isnt storming... for some reason, storms make me super anxious. but i'll stand out in the rain and get soaked for no reason, i just think it's pretty :)

I love it. All variations of rain/storms.

except cold rain (Unless I'm inside. Then it's fine)

Last edited:
I love rain when I can chill inside and just have to listen to it. :rolleyes:
Otherwise it's definitely the worst!

I love the rain but not when there's too much of it. Sleeping to the sound of falling rain is one of the best things in the world. Of course it's not as great when you're hiking/cycling through it but it's something you learn to tolerate, not much else you can do when you're in the middle of nowhere anyway. :p

oh my god rain is the most amazing thing in the world. i cant express how much i like it. i love days where it rains all day because i get to stay inside and snuggle up playing animal crossing. rain helps me sleep. the sound of rain soothes me and im no longer pissed. it gives me such good vibes arghh. it makes already pretty landscapes even prettier and if it rains at school then i have to go to the library :c. the only thing i dont like about it is how less rain it takes to make you feel sick for days..

I only enjoy the rain when i don't have to dog walk in it!
I enjoy it when im at home all cosy and warm playing animal crossing or enjoying a good book. :)

Today's a really rainy day. But it actually turned out to be a pretty good one. I got to see this (picture not mine, but same bird species):

4578923003_6c1e91658c_o_striatus.jpg

That's a red shouldered hawk. There's one that lives in the woods near where I live. I hear it making its call all the time, but it's more rare to actually see it. Today I got to see it soaring around, probably looking for food. Birds don't really like flying when it's raining, so if you see them like that, it generally means they're hungry.

That cheered me up!

I enjoy rain. As a child, I loved playing in the rain in summer and the smell felt refreshing. The sound is so soothing. It makes you want to make a nice cup of tea, sit back with a book, or watch some Netflix. It's been raining lots where I am lately and I'm so glad. :)

The only part I dislike is how it brings the bugs to come about and people not knowing how to drive in the rain.

I don't like it at all. The only time I want it is when everything is dry and the plants are all like NOURISH ME. Otherwise, go away forever cause you make my hair frizz.

I like it when I'm indoors but I don't like to be in it. It's nice NorCal is finally getting some rainfall, though.

I love it when it rains and the sun is shining.

Love rain, it's so very comforting to me to listen to as I drift to sleep. I used to take a lot of walks in the rain back where I lived because everything would get silent and it was just nice listening to the raindrops fall from the trees above since it was a very wooded area.

Yes I love rain!
Sometimes when I have trouble falling asleep, I go on spotify and put on a raindrops playlist. It's so soothing... I don't know why but it makes me fall asleep almost instantly.

I wish it could rain 24/7 honestly. Thunderstorms making it 10x better.

Back