• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you like rain?

I hate rain. The overcast sky always gives me a headache and there aren't any good shoes or clothes to wear in the rain unless you want to wear rain boots and a raincoat ;w;

Apparently wearing rain boots makes you more clunky, so most people actually wear boots with wedges. crazy to me, but that's how fashion works i guess.

I'm fine with rain, I rarely go outside anyway ahaha

And it might be just me, but I really dislike the smell of rain. Maybe its because I live in a city, or maybe I'm just a weirdo but it's like stale wet dirty concrete to me

Last edited:
And it might be just me, but I really dislike the smell of rain.

Me too! I forgot to mention that in my original post, but my school had a renovation over the summer, and they placed down new asphalt, and when it rained it smelled terrible. It just smelled like burning, wet rubber.

oml I forgot to add the sound of SQUEAKY SHOES
I hate those noises so much, it literally makes me gag at times
and some of my classmates think it's funny to squeak their shoes and annoy everyone

I really love rain, but like Mariah said, it's more of a nice rain I like, super storms where I'm going to flood are pretty stressful. I do however like when lighter rain is accompanied with lightning and thunder.

Last edited:
Nothing like a cool, refreshing rain after days of boiling heat. It's no fun when it keeps raining for weeks though.

I love rain. Especially at night time when you can listen to it on the tin roof while going to sleep, it's very relaxing for me <3

I don't like being out in the rain though, like if I'm walking around Uni or something. But I do enjoy being indoors at home while it's raining :)

I'm sick of all the political threads...

You KNOW it's bad when politics spill over into the bell tree forums... Good God. The most peaceful place on earth.

That said, the rain is one of the most beautiful parts of being alive! It's full of life, and energy. It's so cool sounding from the indoors. Splashing in puddles has to be one of the greatest experiences you could have. It creates mud. I swear to God...if you've never done it, find yourself a good mud pit, get a running start, and slide. I never thought of it like this before, but as I'm typing this out, one of the greatest days of my life was when I was about 7 years old. The neighbor kid and I (he was about 3 years younger than me), and I believe my brother (2 years older) was also there, someway, somehow, found this area of mud on a slight hill. I don't know if one of us initially slipped, maybe someone pushed the other, I don't know how, but one thing led to another and all of us were sliding in the mud. We knew we were going to get murdered by our parents, and we did, but we didn't care. We were laughing so hard and had a ball destroying our clothes.

Another glorious memory of mine was (many many years later, of course) after having a few adult beverages, during a 4am downpour/thunder/lightning storm, dancing in my driveway getting drenched, blasting this song from my car, doing exactly as it recommends:

Rain is my favorite, especially in the fall it's so cool and I like the sound and smell of it. It's soo relaxing.

I love rain but I my umbrella always gets flipped inside out with the wind so I've stopped using umbrellas lol I just run everywhere in a rain jacket, it's not worth the embarrassment personally.

I love heavy rain and storms, when it's freezing then rains it gets annoying though. It's nice when I'm inside.

Rain is my favourite thing in the world, especially during winter (when I'm inside). It's just perfect for cuddling up next to the heater with a good book and coffee.
I don't mind it during the summer, and being in it is fun. It makes my hair wet -- and let me tell ya, my hair looks better when it's wet.

yes. rainy days are my favorite. it's the humidity that comes afterwards that i hate with a violent passion.

i absolutely love the rain, especially if there is thunder in the mix as well

I love heavy rainfall. Every time it rains and I have time to spare I always make the effort to sit on my porch and watch it rain. I also love the sound of rain it has a way to put me at ease instantly. So peaceful. Only downside to rain is driving in it.

Back