• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Exteriors won't show up?

xtigerlilly

Actually a Cactus
Bells
(ahh this is the first time i have posted here in a long time >~< )

So basically, I am trying to get my dream exterior for my house
I have the right roof, mailbox, and door, but for the life of me I cannot manage to get the building exterior.
I am trying to get the Brown Brick exterior and Nook Homes has never ever had it in stores. Like i swear I check that place every single day and he NEVER has it.

I'm wondering if brown brick exterior even exists? I thought it was in new leaf, but now i'm not sure. Does it only show up in certain towns or something? Or am i just like extremely unlucky? lol

Wondering if anyone knows why I can't find it or if there is a way to fix this! Thanks much in advance!

PS: this is the exterior i want

I think it exists, but like you, I don't recall having seen it in Nook's Homes after years of playing, and if I did, it was only a few times not in recent months. There might be some rarity involved like with Island Gift Shop rares.

i have this same problem with the astro roof... i saw it maybe once and it hasnt come back yet :(

i've seen it in mine, so it does exist. i think some towns have a tendancy to have some remodels more than other tbh. i get the mermaid and sweets series quite frequently but rarely the astro or even rarer, my dream black exterior (rip me)

maybe its to encourage people to visit other towns or maybe its just floppy game code, but either way, it's annoying as heck. i would suggest maybs asking people to keep a lookout for you/buying it on retail outright

i've seen it in mine, so it does exist. i think some towns have a tendancy to have some remodels more than other tbh. i get the mermaid and sweets series quite frequently but rarely the astro or even rarer, my dream black exterior (rip me)

maybe its to encourage people to visit other towns or maybe its just floppy game code, but either way, it's annoying as heck. i would suggest maybs asking people to keep a lookout for you/buying it on retail outright

That makes sense I think, I always get astro remodels and rarely ever mermaid or sweets. I guess I'll just have to keep looking and maybe ask around if anyone has it. :(

Yeah, it's always when you're looking for something in particular that you can never find it xD The blue door seems to be forever in my Nook's Homes, it does't want to go away apparently.

As dino said, the best thing you can do is set up a thread in ACNL Online or ReTail where someone might hopefully have it in their town ~

I have two houses in my town with the brown brick exterior. It's my favourite too. :'D I did a lot of TTing in that town for them to show up. I don't TT anymore so I'm waiting forever for some exteriors to show up in my nooks. Best to ask people on the forums if they have them in their town.

I kinda had the same problem a while back with the yellow exterior... I'd played almost two months worth of AC days (aka 100+ days, time travelling of course) before it finally popped up at Nook's. I was literally going insane. But I think it was just extremely ****ty luck, nothing more. Keep playing and checking everyday and it will eventually pop up. I know it's not much of a solution and I understand your frustration, believe me I've been there, but there's not really much else to do.

If anything, you can post in the online section offering a big reward if someone happens to see it in their town and will let you go there and order it.

Last edited:
I've seen it and had it in a previous town so it's for sure real. I would post in the train station and see if anyone has it in their town each day until you find it. =D Good luck!

Thank you to everyone who replied! <3 :D
I ended up asking my friend if they could tt for me until it showed up. Apparently the first day she time traveled it was there is stores -_-

(wow I forgot how nice everyone is here o^o )

Be glad you aren't me. For some reason, I'm unable to change my fence and pavement. I can buy a fence or pavement but the next day it doesn't change at all yet Tom Nook still says it has. Even hacking doesn't work (it would change the fence and pavement but on the next day it would change back). It's definitely a glitch and I have no idea what caused it but it's part of the reason why I want to reset my New Leaf town.

Do you know how to plot reset? It works for Nook Homes too! That's how I finally found the door I needed. :D

Back