The Dream Critic / Town Advisor !

I am planning on connecting my paths, I have a few more pwps to build and tree and flower patches first, and I'm focusing on theming my villager's house more at the moment. Thank you so much for your kind words, I will definitely ask for advice again when I'm closer to finishing :)

My House and just some landscaping advice

You have a few empty space. You can make a path leading to the end of the top thin strip of land, maybe make it lead to a sitting area or a gift or line it with trees and make a small orchard.
Maybe mirror the illuminated heart pwp landscape/design to the side across the path to make a symmetrical path that leads down to the town plaza.
Cute flag
Maybe put bushes in the area of land right below the town plaza, where the fairytale lamps are, before crossing below the river.
Maybe change the middle bridge to the fairytale one to match the light posts.
The area to that the left bridge leads up to is a perfect area for a park or a nice pwp installment, like a fountain or trellis with bushes and flowers.
I don't really comment much on interiors because I don't know much furniture and placement.
Your town is very promising, it will be very pretty once complete.
I like how you used jacobs ladders and the flat mushrooms together.

You have a few empty space. You can make a path leading to the end of the top thin strip of land, maybe make it lead to a sitting area or a gift or line it with trees and make a small orchard.
Maybe mirror the illuminated heart pwp landscape/design to the side across the path to make a symmetrical path that leads down to the town plaza.
Cute flag
Maybe put bushes in the area of land right below the town plaza, where the fairytale lamps are, before crossing below the river.
Maybe change the middle bridge to the fairytale one to match the light posts.
The area to that the left bridge leads up to is a perfect area for a park or a nice pwp installment, like a fountain or trellis with bushes and flowers.
I don't really comment much on interiors because I don't know much furniture and placement.
Your town is very promising, it will be very pretty once complete.
I like how you used jacobs ladders and the flat mushrooms together.

Thank you so so much!
I'm saving the bottom half of my town for all my villagers and my side characters so thats why theres a big space to the left. I'm trying to see where villagers plant their house before I do anything with the upper half of my town but I hope to add some more park like themed PWP's

Thank you so so much!
I'm saving the bottom half of my town for all my villagers and my side characters so thats why theres a big space to the left. I'm trying to see where villagers plant their house before I do anything with the upper half of my town but I hope to add some more park like themed PWP's

Ahh good idea, that is basically what I did with my town, with a lot of plot resetting. Good luck!

mind giving me some advice? i'm not really sure what to do as far as pwp and tree placement and I don't know what to do in the big space in the bottom left. i'd like to maybe have more fruit trees and definitely more cedar tree and just trees in general tbh. also I don't know what train station would really fit with my town, honestly the default might look better. I think i'd like some kinda forest-y thing I really want like a lot of trees but I have trouble comitting to actually putting them down in one place. also idk if the small little mushroom thing in the top right looks good? sorry if this is a lot I just have trouble with landscaping I guess, my dream address is 5D00-0040-003A

Do you mind taking a look at my town? It's a WIP but I would appreciate it if I got some tips and feedback on the paths and placement of the PWP's. Also, feel free to give me loads of opinions, I need em!
Dream Address:5F00-002D-C90A

mind giving me some advice? i'm not really sure what to do as far as pwp and tree placement and I don't know what to do in the big space in the bottom left. i'd like to maybe have more fruit trees and definitely more cedar tree and just trees in general tbh. also I don't know what train station would really fit with my town, honestly the default might look better. I think i'd like some kinda forest-y thing I really want like a lot of trees but I have trouble comitting to actually putting them down in one place. also idk if the small little mushroom thing in the top right looks good? sorry if this is a lot I just have trouble with landscaping I guess, my dream address is 5D00-0040-003A

It is not a lot at all, the more information the better.
Right off he bat, wow, great rose combo.
Usually what people do when it comes to planting trees is that they align the trees too close to the paths and it can make a town look constricted and overly organized while at the same time leaving large empty spaces. To fix this, in the area of trouble, one should place a pwp in the empty spot and work the trees and flowers around it. You could also use bushes to align your paths, it gives your town more bulk but without the lack of vision that many trees can provide.
So, keeping in mind what I stated above, you can put multiple pwp in the empty bottom left, a park would be easiest (and cutest really), or a picnic set and windmill, a sitting area with special stumps, log bench, fire pit, trees, mushrooms, so many possible options, but it is up to you and your vision.
These roses man, so pretty, makes your town look ethereal, I usually don't like night towns but the roses look so good at night. Maybe make an illuminated park? That is, if you plan on having a night time dream..
Some of the villagers don't have gold roses around them, are they not permanent? Or is there a reason for this? Also, not all the villagers have a path leading up to their house, is this intentional?
I like the mushroom thing on top, I have something similar but smaller in my town. I think you might be hesitant on it because it is the only part of your town that looks that different, so it really make its stand out.
I hope this helps, nice town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you mind taking a look at my town? It's a WIP but I would appreciate it if I got some tips and feedback on the paths and placement of the PWP's. Also, feel free to give me loads of opinions, I need em!
Dream Address:5F00-002D-C90A

Maybe make paths in the bottom half of town as well? Unless you are going for a organized top and a forest type bottom.
You could make a park area next to the cafe, above the police station.
If your villagers are permanent it is a good thing to work around them. A good first step is connecting all the villagers houses to paths, you can form main and side paths like this. Once you do this you will slowly start to form a kind of grid with empty lots forming between the the paths and like that it may be more easy to landscape and decide what kind of pwp to put in those empty spaces. I hope this makes sense...
You cutoff the small strip of land to the top left with the line of bushes. You could put a secluded hammock up there, or a secluded house, or sitting area, or energy area by using the turbine and solar panel. In other words, you can basically make any area whatever you want once you divide each area you have into smaller once so you can work on them with more ease and organization.
If you are going for a forest-y town instead, maybe a more organic approach with less structure can be used. By this I mean less paths and more "random things". But since I see use of brick paths I don't think this is what you are going for.
Is it going to be a fall themed town? I ask because it is saved in fall. The paths look really good with the other colors in the game during this season. Tumblr and youtube have some really nice towns to look at for inspiration.
Good luck and have fun landscaping!

Bump! :blush:
If I take a picture of an area of your town, can I upload it to my new tumblr blog?
(I would put the DA in it as well)

I'd love some advice for my town, Mayview! I'm going for an organized, modern town. I'm looking for ways to make it look more modern. My color theme is white, dark purple, light purple, and blue.

DA: 5e00-0044-6edc

I'd love for you to post pictures of my town!

Last edited:
Would you be willing to do suggestions for pictures? I don't have a dream suit or a way to put my town online right now. If not thanks anyway I love reading your advice for people's towns it's really good. :)

Would you be willing to do suggestions for pictures? I don't have a dream suit or a way to put my town online right now. If not thanks anyway I love reading your advice for people's towns it's really good. :)

I'm not sure how much I can help you with just a picture but I am more than willing to try. :blush:

I'd love some advice for my town, Mayview! I'm going for an organized, modern town. I'm looking for ways to make it look more modern. My color theme is white, dark purple, light purple, and blue.

DA: 5e00-0044-6edc

I'd love for you to post pictures of my town!

I love modern towns, my second town Cat Isle is modern if you'd like to visit. If you know any other modern towns, feel free to share them, I have a few on my first post.
An easy way to make a town seem more modern is by using many pwps with lights on them. For example, the electric billboard thing, the tokyo tower, street lights, etc.
Very interesting and unique town layout.
Very clever bush layout next to the town hall
Maybe mirror the left peach tree and put the same layout to the right of retail?
I kinda wish Nicholas's house lined up with the illuminated arch or maybe mirror the other side of the stature fountain so that it is one big plaza thing
It is kinda weird how the street to the left of the illuminated clock leads to nothing on its way down, maybe put a pwp around there
I like how the bulletin in placed
Overall, what a great town! I will definitely be visiting again. I love how organized it is, everything is so easily accessible, very clean. Once again, great town! :D

Hi, thank you for the advice you gave me! I started to implement a theme in my town, the one I went for was a 'forest village' type of theme. If you have the time and it's not too much of a hassle, could you maybe check it out, critique it and see what you think? I've also started to plant bushes, but I'm not quite there yet with it all...

There's a large empty space next to and around my mayor's house and I'm unsure of what to put there. Could you give me some ideas?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Zw6KsBa.jpg
Mayor Hunter of Wishfall
Dream Address: 6C00-0015-A549

Hi, thank you for the advice you gave me! I started to implement a theme in my town, the one I went for was a 'forest village' type of theme. If you have the time and it's not too much of a hassle, could you maybe check it out, critique it and see what you think? I've also started to plant bushes, but I'm not quite there yet with it all...

There's a large empty space next to and around my mayor's house and I'm unsure of what to put there. Could you give me some ideas?

Thank you very much in advance!!

View attachment 196699
Mayor Hunter of Wishfall
Dream Address: 6C00-0015-A549
You say you are going for a forest type town but I feel like you need more trees for that feeling to be fully expressed. Also, I'm not sure how well a modern house works in said environment.
Since you have a scarecrow in front of the mayor's house you can make a small field with QR codes, or maybe put two flower garden pwps and make that a crop, or use a fence and put turnips in it or persimmons to make it look like pumpkin. If you follow this theme, to your left you can put a fruit orchard or a water well for the plants.
Another thing you can do is tuck a private hammock next to the house or make a sitting stump area, or use the log bench.
What many do with their mayor's house is give it a special walkway/ entrance, this is achived with a certain level of symmetry and one or more focal points, like the use of a pwp. Keeping this in mind, the possibilities are endless.
I really like your paths, I love the red brick bridges but never seem to find a fitting path design to go along with it and you found it. I like how your town is being organized and I look forward to seeing its progression. :blush:

If anyone wants to give me feedback on my town Arboleda please feel free to do so! I have been trying to find ways to improve it but I'm in a rut, I can't tell if I am happy with it or not.

Last edited:
I love modern towns, my second town Cat Isle is modern if you'd like to visit. If you know any other modern towns, feel free to share them, I have a few on my first post.
An easy way to make a town seem more modern is by using many pwps with lights on them. For example, the electric billboard thing, the tokyo tower, street lights, etc.
Very interesting and unique town layout.
Very clever bush layout next to the town hall
Maybe mirror the left peach tree and put the same layout to the right of retail?
I kinda wish Nicholas's house lined up with the illuminated arch or maybe mirror the other side of the stature fountain so that it is one big plaza thing
It is kinda weird how the street to the left of the illuminated clock leads to nothing on its way down, maybe put a pwp around there
I like how the bulletin in placed
Overall, what a great town! I will definitely be visiting again. I love how organized it is, everything is so easily accessible, very clean. Once again, great town! :D

Thanks so much! :D Great advice. The road that leads to nothing actually leads to another entrance to my orchard, but I guess that isn't super clear! I'll definitely be switching some things around. Thanks again! :)

hey, do you mind reviewing my town again? i've done a lot since then
6B00-0048-8905
thank you!

Clever placement of the pitfall in front of the town tree, very original
I really like the time of day it is saved
Over all placement of things flows really well, it is unorganized in an organized way
I feel like it can still use more trees. I like the use of bamboo but the main problem it can cause is that it can leave a place feeling more empty than another tree like a cedar.
I really like weaving my way through the homes and pwps, it makes it really feel like a forest.
It shows that you are being fun and creative with your town and that makes it very fun to be in. :blush:

Back