• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Dream Critic / Town Advisor !

Responses are in bold. Thanks for takin' yar time lookin' around! It was quite helpful. :)

The stuff I'm saying are just things I would do, keep in mind that you don't have to listen or do any of it.
The dead patches are killers! I hated having to work around them.
The spot with the turbine has a great potential to be anything, any pwp will look great there.
I forgot about the tokyo tower, so many modern pwps that can be used!
What I do when it comes to 2x2 pwps is usually have my 2x2 paths lead up to them and then surround them, that's what really worked for me when I organized my town.
I did read the hybrid note, I don't really understand what you mean by it though and, no, I didn't visit your house, I don't think I'm good with interiors. :s

The stuff I'm saying are just things I would do, keep in mind that you don't have to listen or do any of it.
I'm aware, but ya did brin' up some good points though.

I did read the hybrid note, I don't really understand what you mean by it though
What I was gonna go for is that I'm gonna sell/throw/give away all flowers that aren't Blue Pansies, White Pansies, and Jacob's Ladders. I'm aware that it'll give my town mass plots of plain grass, but I find some tranquility with just plain grass.

and, no, I didn't visit your house, I don't think I'm good with interiors. :s
Well that's a darn shame. :( At least ya know yar limits.

Responses are in bold again. If I do go around yar dream, would ya like my opinions? It's the least I could do for yar help. :)

Responses are in bold again. If I do go around yar dream, would ya like my opinions? It's the least I could do for yar help. :)

Sure if you like. :)
Your town will look so good with said flowers, I'm a sucker for blue pansies.

I feel like I should change my paths, should I? I'm also pretty lazy when it comes to it...

I feel like I should change my paths, should I? I'm also pretty lazy when it comes to it...

I changed all my paths!! I got a really good idea. I didn't update my dream yet tho. Later I'll go back to visit fruitcup but from what I remember the paths were pretty cool!

I changed all my paths!! I got a really good idea. I didn't update my dream yet tho. Later I'll go back to visit fruitcup but from what I remember the paths were pretty cool!

Thank you, you are too kind!
I look forward to visiting your town again. :D

Thank you, you are too kind!
I look forward to visiting your town again. :D

No problem! I'm in fruitcup right now :) just had a delicious coffee at Solange's house! I love how everything in town is perfectly symmetrical and colorful, it shows how much planning you did on your town. You said you would like to change your paths? Well your
paths look very elegant , maybe you could try something with some pastel colors. Maybe keeping the checkered board idea but in different colors, like pastel yellow and white , or light green and white or any other combo. Or I can also imagine some elegant marble white pattern with little decor.
I adore the little sign with your map painted on it! And the fountain area with the blue flowers .. I would sleep in that garden! Zzzzzzz so peaceful and relaxing^^

No problem! I'm in fruitcup right now :) just had a delicious coffee at Solange's house! I love how everything in town is perfectly symmetrical and colorful, it shows how much planning you did on your town. You said you would like to change your paths? Well your
paths look very elegant , maybe you could try something with some pastel colors. Maybe keeping the checkered board idea but in different colors, like pastel yellow and white , or light green and white or any other combo. Or I can also imagine some elegant marble white pattern with little decor.
I adore the little sign with your map painted on it! And the fountain area with the blue flowers .. I would sleep in that garden! Zzzzzzz so peaceful and relaxing^^

Thank you, it makes me happy to know that others enjoy my town. :D
I reallly like the ideas of a marble path or one with green in it, I'll see if I can whip something up.
Thank you for your visit and thoughts!

Hi~ I'm not looking for a critique, but more of a lot of advice xD There's more info in my thread I made, and my DA is in my sig :D

Hi, please visit my town!!!! Still working on it!! Thabk you very much!! ☺️��

Town: Rosewood
DA: 4C00-003C-748A

Last edited:
I'd love some ideas for landscaping and/or pwp placement if you get a chance! I know I want to put a wisteria trellis where my hybrid breeding is at, but I have no idea what to do with the rest of the town.

Virmire 4D00-003E-898D

Hi there! Could you please give me advice for my town, Platinum?

A few things to note - this town is going to be an autumn town, even though it's set in winter at a moment. I'm also planning to kick one of my villagers out (Rod) so that I can find a better spot for my tenth villager. And my town is far from complete. It looks like a garbage tip right now with items everywhere, but I hope that isn't a big deal!

7C00-003E-9DBD.

Last edited:
I need advice!!! ;-; I feel like my town is missing something but idk what, I love my hybrids but idk what to do to make my town look nicer & more aesthetically pleasing !!

DA: 6C00-0015-A549

4F00-002C-75D4
I'm definitely in need of some help. My town isn't done and I still have a few empty spaces to fill, but I'm at my max for PWP's! I already plan to breed more hybrids and add in some tree stumps for little sitting areas. I'm also thinking about demolishing the 2 signs I have by the beach to make room for more projects, but I feel like they add a nice touch so idk.

Hi Fruitcup! I updated the dream of Biscotti in a warm day of march! Not finished but I put a lot of work in it! Hope you enjoy!

Biscotti 7B00-0034-8A1E

Wow!! It is looking so good! I'm loving the paths, it shows you have really been working on it! You should be very proud, it's looking GREAT!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi~ I'm not looking for a critique, but more of a lot of advice xD There's more info in my thread I made, and my DA is in my sig :D

Having a cute pattern of trees and hybrids next to the town hall on both sides would be an easy way to save pwp since you have a big open spot where they can be further used.
Common PWP used for parks are the jungle gym, the red boot sculpture, the tire bench, drinking fountain, and a popular QR code
of a sand box. Placing easter eggs, presents, and cakes nearby is also really cute.
Personaly, I like the idea of having the paths surrounded by an alternating bush and flower pattern, I have something like that that
surround my river. Having a flower in between bushed makes certain locations more accessible and thats why I like the idea.
What you have done with your light posts is basically the same thing I have done with mine but the main problem with it is that it take up a big amount of pwp so what I did was replace every other light post with a tree instead. I don't know if that makes sense but you should visit my dream town to get a better idea, if you like.
The way I go about dealing with massive spaces is turning them into individual quadrants. I recently made a town that has a giant open space you can look at it to get a better idea. Idk the DA but if you search "Dog Park" it should appear, the mayor's name is Bijoux.
I hope this helps, cheers!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi, please visit my town!!!! Still working on it!! Thabk you very much!! ☺️��

Town: Rosewood
DA: 4C00-003C-748A

Love the path work!
The upper left corner nest to retail, underneath the cedar stump, I feel like there should be something there, it leads up to that area and there isn't really anything there, maybe put a gift?
I really like the entrance plaza thing, in front of the train station.
The stumps below the statue fountain, it would look extra good if they were special.
Usually having one square paths makes things constricting and hard to navigate but in your town it really works.
The rock area, so creative, I've never seen a bamboo and rock thing combination like that, and diagonally, so cool!
I wish to see more hybrids aside from this, it's a very nice town, fun to walk around in.

I'd love some ideas for landscaping and/or pwp placement if you get a chance! I know I want to put a wisteria trellis where my hybrid breeding is at, but I have no idea what to do with the rest of the town.

Virmire 4D00-003E-898D

I like your path pattern, I bet it looks very pretty during the summer. Maybe out line parts of the path with bushes, tree stumps, or bamboo cutoffs. Maybe the brown cutoff bamboo would look extra nice because it could match the brown of the pavement.
You have a big open space right below the town plaza, maybe put a park there? I'm not sure what kind of town you are going for...
A good way to start is to get all of your permanent villagers and then place down paths to connect them together with other major buildings and bridges. After you do that it will be easier to landscape the town. Maybe check out the dream address thread and look through others towns for inspiration.
Love your signature art by the way!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi there! Could you please give me advice for my town, Platinum?

A few things to note - this town is going to be an autumn town, even though it's set in winter at a moment. I'm also planning to kick one of my villagers out (Rod) so that I can find a better spot for my tenth villager. And my town is far from complete. It looks like a garbage tip right now with items everywhere, but I hope that isn't a big deal!

7C00-003E-9DBD.

Getting rid of Rod leaves you with a really nice big area perfect for development.
It's looking good, it shows that you are really planning things out. Maybe check out a town called Vesper its autumn, it's somewhere on tumblr.
The possibilities of your town are limitless right now. Aside from having the season down keeping in mind if you want it to look more foresty or more modern will also help.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I need advice!!! ;-; I feel like my town is missing something but idk what, I love my hybrids but idk what to do to make my town look nicer & more aesthetically pleasing !!

DA: 6C00-0015-A549

Putting a border in the paths would help, as in a 6 pattern path. Your town needs bushes, that will make it look less bare.
There are certain spots that have house plots outlined, are those old or future plans? If they are for future villagers it cool, if not, you should get rid of them.
Having a particular theme in mind whether that means a modern town, a color themed town, and so forth really helps one develop the town.

Back