• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fishing tournament: which fish do you need to catch?

Xme

Bells
Switch
6828-6730-4010
Today in my town we are all trying to get the biggest pond smelt. What type of fish is your town trying to catch?

my town's trying to catch the biggest sea bass!! which is irritating bc usually i get them left and right, but today i had no luck whatsoever.

my town's trying to catch the biggest sea bass!! which is irritating bc usually i get them left and right, but today i had no luck whatsoever.

Dang! Usually sea bass are annoying and everywhere! Good luck!

in Highland its getting the biggest sea bass.

In Niffler its getting the bigger pond smelt.

I am winning so far on both but i need to check back in soon. lol.

Last edited:
ohhh I didn't know they could be different?? (unless people play in different years?) I have pond smelt in both towns! but I only played the tourney on one of them and won with a last minute catch :D

ohhh I didn't know they could be different?? (unless people play in different years?) I have pond smelt in both towns! but I only played the tourney on one of them and won with a last minute catch :D

I just learned they were different today. I always remember catching bass and today he said pond smelt. I play in the current year. Maybe they change it so it doesn't get old. Good luck today!

My town needed a horse mackerel and I already finished the tourney yesterday. I won it by submitting my last catch on the very last minute lol I got lucky (19.5 inches as opposed to 17.5 from Ketchup).

in Highland its getting the biggest sea bass.

In Niffler its getting the bigger pond smelt.

I am winning so far on both but i need to check back in soon. lol.

My town needed a horse mackerel and I already finished the tourney yesterday. I won it by submitting my last catch on the very last minute lol I got lucky (19.5 inches as opposed to 17.5 from Ketchup).

That's awesome haha! Congrats!

mine is horse mackerel! Which is the same fish I had to catch this time last year, too!

Sea bass and the villagers almost always have better luck with sizes!

Well, Poppy was being threatening again but with some luck I got the Fish items I was missing. Pretty happy with that.

It's also pond smelt for my town, which is kind of weird.

:Y;;; I dunno if I can get a pond smelt bigger than 6.35 inches.

Sea Bass for me found one eventually but still didn't place I have the worst luck when it comes to the fishing tournament.

Sea Bass was the fish. I had caught a 45.50 fish and came in 2nd. The first place villager caught at 45 inch fish.
Nintendo doesn't understand .50 is first.

Pond smelt. I got a late start and Mira caught a huge one (6.65 inch) that took me an hour to top. But I finally won 1st place. :)

C2vY1F4VEAEl57V.jpg

Sea bass and I got 1st place.

Back