• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Cycling vs Welcome amiibo RV shop

Which will be more useful to the community?

• Total voters

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Hey guys! So I'm not earning tbt fast enough just by being active and I'd like to save up, so I'm considering starting either a cycling shop or a Welcome amiibo RV shop. I don't think I have the energy to do both at the same time, and seeing as there are already an abundance of both on the forums, I'm wondering which of these do you think would be more useful to the community? Vote in the poll and tell me your reasoning in the comments :) Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I've always done Cycling. Its fun to do it that way. But it can get tedious after awhile. And so can the RV shop. I'd choose the Cycling.

You'll probably earn more tbt if you do cycling. It's not that hard to do now because of cards and also it'll be much better and faster if you have more than one copy of the game.

There's plenty of RV shops out there. If you plan to cycle regular villagers, that would be helpful. It does seem harder to get them, as some of the cycling shops are using amiibo and only cycling the WA villagers and/or the super popular old villagers.

Well you can probably try both.. start with one and if you don't really like it or doesn't work with you try the other?
Personally I'd say try cycling villagers first. c:

I'd love more cycling. It seems harder and harder to find the 'regular' villagers I want now.

i think it depends on what amiibos you have and what kinds. if you have lots of regular villager cards i'd do cycling. if you have mostly rv amiibos i'd do an rv shop. but if you have lots of both then i don't know. i don't have any rv amiibos so i don't know how long it takes to get the furniture and give it to someone else.

i think it depends on what amiibos you have and what kinds. if you have lots of regular villager cards i'd do cycling. if you have mostly rv amiibos i'd do an rv shop. but if you have lots of both then i don't know. i don't have any rv amiibos so i don't know how long it takes to get the furniture and give it to someone else.

I have a decent amount of both types of cards. But if I make the RV shop, it would be to just let people come in to buy from the RV themselves. I don't think I'd have the patience to actually buy everything they want for them. That's just way too much time traveling, lol. And that would increase how much I'd have to charge since it will be a lot more work.

i wish i didn't start my second town because i need tbt, lol. i shouldve kept cycling, but if it werent for me starting my second town, i wouldnt need tbt. i think you'll definitely make more off rv items though, they sell for like 10 tbt an item 0:

i wish i didn't start my second town because i need tbt, lol. i shouldve kept cycling, but if it werent for me starting my second town, i wouldnt need tbt. i think you'll definitely make more off rv items though, they sell for like 10 tbt an item 0:

Very true, but those kinds of shops are more difficult to maintain, and I would rather do something easy and fulfill more orders for a smaller price, than put in a ton of work and time to get more tbt. That's why if I do an RV shop, it will be more like they come over to buy items themselves, rather than ordering items individually from me.

Last edited:
I like cycling shops, personally. It's nice to have a range of them. The more there are, the more chances there are of finding all the villagers you want, right?

I think cycling towns have become obsolete with the coming of the amiibo cards. Because you can immediately move in a villager and sell them endlessly, without worrying about the 16-villager cycle, anyone who has access to the cards can obtain and sell dreamies with a snap of their fingers. Those who can't afford or find amiibo cards will buy the villagers from others through other means, such as bells or tbt. Cycling now takes far more effort and time, making it Not Worth It.

The same goes for the items, really. If you can't get an amiibo card yourself, you can trade or buy the set from others. It's the dawn of a new age, my friends.

Back