Old Eggs
Switch
4321-2546-0916
Pumpkin Pie
Tasty Cake
Kirby Easter Egg
Cake
Cake
Has anything in New Leaf been kind of a let-down or could have been improved? It was the absolute best game of the series, but I thought a few of things could have been made easier.

I honestly think that the way of getting villager pics could have been a little easier. Was trying for months to get Motts and just nothing no matter how many chores I did or how much I talked to him.

Also just the little things like placing down patterns. I know they didn't know patterns would become huge, but i feel like the cycle of going to your menu, putting them down in the perfect fashion, and moving a few squares forward could have been avoided if they just made it so you could edit the pathways using your map (dividing it into squares and being able to put down things like that). Would have been a blessing tbh.

We should be able to skip dialogue. It's such a huge waste of time after you've read all the dialogue already!

Most of the museum set are not usable.
For example we cannot change the image from the poster stand and it's only possible in the Exhibition Room entrance.

Fancy frame is not customizable and we cannot add custom designs on it.

More activities so the game will last longer or we can have more towns :)

Last edited:
Yes! I wish we could have more than 1 save file.. It's like Nintendo wanted us to spend more money on multiple copies.. :(

yeah this is the first game i heard people get multiple copies of lmao

Yeah, lol. I guess that from a business standpoint, it was pretty smart of Nintendo to do that. But it doesn't change the fact that it's cruel :'( Lol

Here here, I never thought I would get multiple games myself but I rather like it, so this isn't a complaint from me. I hate the idea and concept of resetting because you lose all the items,bells, achievements and villagers that you have worked for even if the town is new or you can be like me, have two 3DS and multiple towns to store what you want, it still is/can be overwhelming.

The fact that there's only up to 10 villagers (9 without campsite). It's just stupid, there should've been at least 15! Also the town should have been MUCH bigger. It's just too small compared to the towns from the previous games, especially the GCN game.

The fact that there's only up to 10 villagers (9 without campsite). It's just stupid, there should've been at least 15! Also the town should have been MUCH bigger. It's just too small compared to the towns from the previous games, especially the GCN game.

You can still have 10 villagers without the campsite, though. Although I agree, the town should be bigger with more villagers!

Last edited:
It would be nice if we could have more villagers live in our town? But I understand it can get kind of squashed, so a more spacious map would be good. As well as having the possibility to have more than 1 town on one game cartridge would be great!

I don't like the fact that the campsite is permanent wherever you decide to place it. I regret where I put mine.:(

For example we cannot change the image from the poster stand and it's only possible in the Exhibition Room entrance.

Uh, actually the fancy frame is customizable...

and with NL I guess I don't really like the lack of pattern slots and I wish there were more hybrid colors

i'd love for them to give the mayor the approval of where someone could live.
i don't like hacking/editing my game and i had the perfect spot for my house!!
until nibbles moved in right in front of me ._.

That is wrong. False. Just not true. I have put custom designs in the fancy frame and poster stand.

I think they could have added more dialogue, after playing for a while the villagers become repetitive and it really takes away from the game. Having 15 villagers would be a dream to have, it would make everything so much more lively. More holidays/events if always a good idea.

Some things I think would be cool features for the next game are being able to put down signs, like the wooden signs in previous games, to determine where the villagers can move, it would make it random but less drastic as it is right now. Also, if the villager's houses could grow bigger over time, like the different house options of HHD. The longer the villager is in town the bigger the house, their houses would grow along with ours.

Back