How many hours back should I set my second town?

How many hours back should I set my second town?

• 0 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 hours

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • 6 hours

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • 12 hours

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

kingblook

ᕕ(ツ)ᕗ
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
User Title Color Change
as a high school student, it's kinda hard getting everything done in my towns when the times are set the same. half the time the shops are actually open, I'm at school! plus, I play at night a LOT, especially after 11, when there's not much to do but go to the island :(

I figured I could fix this by setting my second town at a different time! both my towns need the beautiful ordinance, so I can't do night owl either. let me know what you think I should do!

I'd say 6-12 depending on how early you want time to be in your town, like whether you want to be morning or around mid-day/afternoon.

I'd give yourself 3-6 hours. Depends on what you want done and how long you'll play for. I'd basically give yourself time before the shops close. If you run out of time, just push your clock back more, no biggie!

same! i set my game 6 months back though bc i wanted the seasons to match the region i live in. since its the school holidays my time is normal time but during school days i set it back 6 hours so everything is open. the only bad thing is the acnl vibe doesnt match the real life one so yeah. worth it though :)

I would say around 4-5 hours back, so you can catch the stores before they close, and still be able to do island stuff and sell bugs before Re-Tail closes. I'd say 4 would be safe if you play around 11 because it would be 7pm before the stores closes and you'll still be able to do night stuff, if you want to see more of your villagers and stuff then you'd probably want to go to like 4-5pm so you can see them out and about before they all go to bed.

I use two DS's for my two towns. The second is usually set six hours back, but I change it frequently to suit my needs. If you are lucky enough to have an old ds... I'd do that!

Otherwise, definitely six.

I'd have it set sometime before 5pm in case you ever want to order something from the catalog as well. I hate having to time travel back for that but I'll do it if an item is needed for a trade or villager request. Having your time set before 5pm would definitely be more convenient that way but it depends on how much you trade and how often you find yourself ordering furniture for villagers. I guess any time before 7pm is good, sometimes I just turn back to 6pm if I'm starting up the game late and it's plenty of time to do everything I need.

Last edited:
I usually play just before 9pm. The clock is 5pm when it's 920pm in real time.
It gives me time to clear the mail, order more stuff and still have time to play the fishing tournament.
For my 2nd town I don't have them set on the same date. I have 5 real towns and don't want to play that many fishing/bug or events in one day. It nice to have the 2nd town on a different day. Sometimes I get lucky and have high turnip prices. Can buy/sell turnips on the same day.

My main town is complete with PWP, full stores and badges. So I just have my extra town 2 hours behind.

Last edited:
Six hours back from 11. That's probably enough time to buy everything in the shops, visit Tom Nook, Shrunk, check town plaza visitor and probably work in Brewster's :)

Like someone above said, I set my time before 5pm so I can order stuff and have it arrive when Pete delivers the mail at 5pm. I work until 9pm most days and I get to play around 11pm ish so I always set my time at least 7-8hrs back. I only do this in my 1-year challenge town but I do time travel in my main town so it doesn't matter :p

Back