• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you wish they would add

More Amiibo compatibility.
There's a massive collection of Smash Amiibos, why not use more of'em?
I've got a few ideas for some.

• Ike: Squeaky Ragnell as a Toy Hammer reskin or as a Golden Axe reskin
  • Pit: Palutena Bow as a Golden Slingshot reskin
  • Robin: Thunder Tome. Activates spell circles when use'd in hand. No effect, so it's like the Tweeter and other toys.
  • Sonic: Chaos Emerald or Gold Rin' as furniture.
  • Lucina: Butterfly Mask
  • Zero Suit Samus: Samus's Ponytail wig as a hat.
  • Mario: Mario's Overalls.
  • Fox: Reflector. Activates the reflector when use'd in hand. No effect, so it's like the toy items.
  • Kirby: Warp Star as furniture.
  • Diddy Kong: Diddy's hat as a hat.

These are just a few examples of Amiibo functions that I'd like to see.

I would like to change some villager's wall and carpet pattern.

Also, more villager slots as well as QR slots.

More of the furniture should be interactive.

I want to be able to use the things in my house to cook things and make things.

Outside furniture options.

Everything the person above me has said, plus more customization for everything, including characters. For example: we only have a few different colors for your eyes. If we're already messing with contacts, why not give us more fun colors? I'd like more hair options as well.

BUT most important of all- I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL WHERE MY VILLAGERS PLOP THEIR HOUSE. I've just spent the last 30 minutes plot resetting for my girl Ruby, and though she wasn't the worst villager I've ever had to do this for, that's still 30 minutes I could've spent doing something more productive in the game. And I don't mean to be able to choose a specific location, I think the villager should have a say in where they live, but just gimme the power to select residential zones for them so they know where they CAN go. I'm the mayor, yet everyone just builds their house wherever they feel like. That's not cool!

More jobs for you as the mayor.
One idea I had revolved around villagers moving in. It would be cool if you could see a list of 3-5 villagers that were wanting to move in. You could allow some to move in if you wish, and the list would update once per week.

I want to be able to turn moving options on and off. Evicting villagers without having to pay real money to do it is hard enough, but the fact my favourite villagers are trying to move during that time is annoying. The fear of my favourite villagers moving is also the ONLY stressful thing about the game, for me. If I don't play for a few days, I'll end up not playing for a few MONTHS for fear of someone having moved during that time. Last time I did this, I ended up time travelling day by day for about four months to catch up to the right date.

I also want to be able to tell Isabelle where I want PWPs with some sort of grid system, rather than the sketchy "where you're standing" mechanic. I don't understand why they caught us up with Happy Home Designer's interior decorating mechanic, but couldn't give us the same ability with outdoor projects.

Like the user above said, I'd like to see them implement the grid system for placement of outdoor projects. It would also be fun if we were able to design actual permanent buildings, although that would be too similar to HHD :p It would also be awesome if we could interact with more objects that opens "mini games" (kinda like how they brought games to the wii/ds). For example, if we click on a cooking item we can actually cook something. Or if there's an item called a diary we can actually write in it... idk maybe that's too much but it would be really cute :3

Oh, and I'd like the ability to at least choose my skin tone without having to tan on the island or wait until summer... what a missed opportunity with representation -___-' I mean, the shampoodle (forgot her name) lets you change eye colour, maybe there could be a tanning machine at least lmao idk. Definitely needs an option at the beginning of the game to choose skin colour though.

Other things nitpicky things:
- Ability to turn off villager move outs and ins would be awesome during times of hiatus
- A better drawing panel for paths/patterns. Maybe there could be a "transparent" option instead of a regular white background... how awesome would that be for designing paths?
- You can still do mayoral work during fishing tourneys at leasttttt when it's over
- BETTER DIALOGUE

Last edited:
This is probably too much to ask for, but WAY more villager dialogue; ceiling decorations; rugs; the option to put items outside (although this would have to be a little bit limited); ability to mail to people from other towns as long as you're both connected to the internet; a relationship meter; ability to make PWPs more "free" (as in, ability to put them just about anywhere as long as it isn't on top of something or blocking something).
That's all.

I wish that expanding the main room in your house to have connecting rooms didn't get rid of the windows :(

I just really wish they brought back the old dialogues. I looved the way Blathers talked about the stuff you gave him, I loved when Phyllis was super rude to the player, I loved how the villagers would get angry and say mean stuff... I remember reading somewhere that they removed the long dialogues bc kids would just skip through them, but I also read that the largest group of players for acnl were women 17-23??
I would also like that they changed the pattern dynamics. I really like the way you can store and place patterns in HDD, it's way more convenient that way.

1.) More slots for neighbors, choosing 10 was such a challenge for me...

2.) Additional DLC neighbors from older games, I'd love to see Bow, Meow, Woolio and Megumi make an appearance. I'd like exciting new ones too of course~

Last edited:
I thought of something else, but it's not necessarily something I'd add. It's more like something I'd change.

There are way too many species of villager that contain an abundance of one personality type and few of any other. For instance, Vivian, Freya, Whitney, and Skye are all female wolves. The first three are all Snooty, and Skye is normal. For that matter, why are 70% of the male wolves Cranky? Even Dobie was changed from being Lazy to being Cranky with the Welcome Amiibo update. Why? Why change an already rare species-personality combination into something so common?

For that matter, FRICKIN' LIONS. Five are jock, two are cranky, one is smug and one is lazy. WHY are there more Jock lions than the other three personalities combined?

So I guess I know what I want them to add. Frickin' variety.

More slots for patterns especially the mayor's so it'd be convenient instead of making mule characters.
Add an option to skip dialogues (I'm looking at you Blathers! I just wanna spam A and B whenever I'm donating / assessing the fossils)

The ability to make pants. I always thought it would be nice to make your own skirt, shorts, or long pants. Sure, the creativity may be more limited but people can do amazing things and could possibly create something new and amazing.

Also, I would love to have more diversity in animal phrases like how they used to have in game. Also the bringing back of Sable's backstory, which would have been fitting in the first place considering you get close to her.

Last edited:
I wish the game would let you cook recipes like cake or pie and what not if you have a kitchen. You could send gifts of food to your animal friends.

On that being said, they have the Roost, why not make a restaurant? I think that would be a neat idea too.

I wish you could move cumbersome rocks.

I'd also love the option to move my house if I change my mind about its location in the future. I don't want to have to delete my house/town just to do so. This should really be an option.

Last edited:
- More villagers in town. At least 20.
- More variety in species personalities. Make sure each species has at least two of every personality.
- Bring back some of the older villagers such as Woolio and Hambo (am I the only one who kinda likes him)?
- Bigger town. 'Nuff said.

Back