• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Things you wish they would add

_Dentata

Fatima <- real name
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
^Title says it all. Personally, I really wish they would give you the option to limit how many villagers can stay in your town.

A relationship meter like in the Sims! I actually wanna know how well my villagers like me

more QR slots and r u g s. oh my lord do i want rugs like in HHD, as well as more wall decor + ceiling decor. but besides those i'd say more villager dialogue and more of a relationship with each villager

A better way to place PWPs. I can't count how many times I've tried to place a PWP and had a tree on the space I'd need to stand in to place it where I want (and no axe) and the preview shot that Isabelle shows is at a confusing angle and it's hard to tell where it's actually going! When you walk with Isabelle to the spot and talk to her it should give you a view of the surrounding area and the ability to place it with the touchscreen, with the spaces it can't be placed in obviously marked.

A better way to place PWPs. .

And less stingy rules about how close they can be to each other... I had to abandon a nice setup for a little square I'd been working on, because I forgot PWP's must be 2 or more squares apart from each other. :c

Would love to be able to send mail to my "best" friends without having to go to their town.

more QR slots and r u g s. oh my lord do i want rugs like in HHD, as well as more wall decor + ceiling decor. but besides those i'd say more villager dialogue and more of a relationship with each villager

YES. I'd love rugs. You could do some really neat things with the rug function in HHD design-wise.

I think that feature is pretty much guaranteed to show up in the next Animal Crossing game.

I'd love bigger houses. 6 rooms just isn't enough for everything that I want to put in my house.

More storage space without it being secret. I mean come on only being allowed to access it from your house is very frustrating. Though it did dawn on me that perhaps if you can get the duping/cloning time down right to accommodate for the new update you would have a lot more items in your storage you could dupe/clone. Not saying this is what's happening but before the update if you knew how to do it you could dupe/clone items from your locker.

This is kinda a big one for me lately-Since I have been doing town toons lately it would be really nice of them to put half steps/half notes in :0 seriously so frustrating trying to get my toon on and you have to find a way to work around this without having the song sound wretched at times. JS!

Someone suggested a relationship meter-I likey this idea!

Totally agree with more QR code slots. Before I was designing my own QR codes I was obsessed with them for mostly clothes BUT there are also some beautifully made path sets that you almost have to have all four character made and use all their slots, to be able to display the whole set right. I don't know about the rest of you but having all side characters made on top of having all ten villagers is a bit much and can feel crowded or restricted when it comes to designing your town. Especially once you add in PWPs, their size, placement, how many you have vs how many you want. It's frustrating.

Actual bathroom and kitchen sets like those of GracieGrace. I will say the update brought a good variety of said items. They are really nicely designed, but, rather then having everything as individual pieces there should be actual higher end sets!

Wall cover/murals like we have in RL. Instead of just adding new walls, you could use the wall covers to customize existing ones making them way more versatile and exciting to work with and adding value to your HHA score. This would be amazing!

Being able to customize the rugs by using different color sets based on theme with matching furniture sets that can also be customized.

Having smug cats cuss currently there are none and that makes me sad. Also I do like some of the smug PWPs and not having any smug cats you wouldn't be able to get villager requests for them. :(

Someone said a better way to place PWPs and I agree. Being able to have more options so that your town or certain area's of your town don't seam lopsided would be greatly appreciated!
Also being able to have more then 30 PWPs would be swell as well!

Having the option to pick your own tree stump pattern. Don't know if this has ever been even noticed or mentioned before, but, you can sorta do this already but only with a few. For example I had the highest friendship level with Pecan and when I cut down the tree near the front of her house the pattern that showed up was the heart design. Similarly when I had cut down two of the trees in my mushroom patch the mushroom design came up on both tree stumps so perfectly. I had wanted to make tree stump seats for my villagers to enjoy and I was so happy when this happened. Have had a few more of these things happen so I think its possible for them to have a prerequisite from their surrounding environment.
Or it could be just a damn coincidence. lol!

I am sure there is more that could be listed but being half brain dead right now I can't think of anything else!

-a party system where you can add villagers to your party and they'll follow you behind/beside you. kind of like isabelle when you're looking for a spot for a project. they would also be able to go with you to other towns/shopping. certain events would trigger different things to happen. like on toy day/winter they could help you christmas shopping, or on easter they could help you look for eggs. kind of like an rpg lol. pokemon heartgold anyone?

-more dynamic room styles instead of just square shaped rooms

-can villagers wear pants or at least long sleeved shirts? ive always wondered why they only wear tanktops

-tree. sizes.

-acres acres acres

-ability to ask villagers questions maybe depending on the day it will generate a new set of questions you could ask someone. much like the questions villagers run up to you and ask. simple funny questions like that. even asking to deliver things would be cool and really helpful

-more customizable/refurbishable styles of hats

-more areas to travel to. kind of like the city from City Folk but with random people like in Club Tortimer. Maybe 10 people could be wandering around? and then random villagers could be seen around too. maybe you could ask them to move to your town or something? idk this idea sounded better in my head. Club Tortimer wasn't the best but i did meet some good people on there that weren't annoying trolls

some things im praying and kind of expecting them to add onto the next game. that is if its on the nintendo switch. or else some of these might crash the 3DS...

Would love to be able to send mail to my "best" friends without having to go to their town.

this and more bag slots. or at least make everything stackable and stack automatically after picking it up. choosing where villagers' houses go would be nice. also aliens. there should be aliens that come attack and kill trees and stuff. and you gotta defeat them somehow. throwing house parties would be fun. there should be a guy that comes along every once in a while who tries to impeach you and steal your mayor job. other items on the island besides mermaid, cabana, and beach stuff.

definitely multiple save files, so i can get more towns :))

Portable tool shed. I want to always have my tools with me, but that takes up so much space in the inventory. And then you don't risk selling your tools by accident. It seems unlikely that that would happen, if it hasn't already happened to you. But sometimes we put our brains on cruise control and do stupid things without noticing.

An option to choose the limit of villagers in your town. I would set mine up to 20. Also have a much larger map. I was very disappointed with New Leaf's tiny cramped map.

more of a variety of personalities for some animals like wolves, more types of flowers & hybrids, more QR slots, bigger space on the beach, a system where on tortimer's island you can play with people in your age group if you want to, more fruits, more animals, villagers being able to wear dresses, skirts & pants, more dialogue/more in depth conversations with NPCs, more tours, other ways to earn lots of bells

TURNING MOVING ON AND OFF FOR CERTAIN VILLAGERS. And a Katrina RV, not unlike Reese's. I want to recreate her tent!!!

Though, the changes about villagers taking 10 days to move after picking a date, and that no plots appear over patterns displayed on the ground are nice. It's a great way to control plot resetting.

Still. We should be able to boot villagers. I AM THE MAYOR I MAKE THE RULES

Last edited:
Back