Etoile why!

Shydragon

Unabashedly Shy Kid
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5905-5512-3899
I don't know how or why this happened, but Etoile somehow acquired a robo clock. It looks absolutely awful in her house! I gave her Wendell's painting, she put it in an empty spot. I gave her an Aries rocking chair, she replaced her marshmallow chair. I'm going to try to give her a gothic white refurbished rococo clock, but I have to wait for it to arrive and then I have to refurbish it before actually sending it to her. I want my dream villagers to have nice houses, so I try to get fitting items to give them. But they just keep getting random junk! Phoebe wound up with a chalkboard of all things! I just want their houses to look nice and they have no sense of design :(

Last edited:
well the good thing about her being an amiibo villager is if you get desperate enough you could always rescan her.

Ugh I hate that! Just keep sending her a clock that you'd rather her have (or some other wall item) until she finally changes it. That's what I do, even though it can be frustrating/irritating/infuriating because they're so stubborn. :p

I've always had better success making friends with villagers so they start inviting me over, then I buy the stuff I hate in their house. Sending them replacements has rarely worked for me.

ah, that never happened to me, but maybe you could give her something of equal size and she'll replace it? other than that idk what to do.

Move her out and move in a fresh Etoile. Less work than what you're doing.

I sent her the rococo clock and a cupid bench just for good measure. Here's hoping the robot clock gets replaced. She also has a new centipede, which is a little weird, but I'm not about to make her get rid of her pet! His name is Centipleiades by the way.

I'm not gonna move her out, since it doesn't seem like a good long term solution and I like her house placement. After all, she's just gonna keep getting her hands on new furniture! Whenever she asks for new stuff or starts browsing Re-tail, I'm gonna try my best to get her stuff that matches the rest of her house.

I have an easy solution for retail, if you don't mind putting stuff in there permanently. Place something in every spot at 999,999 bells, or something else ludicrously expensive. Villagers will browse and comment on how expensive it all is, but they won't buy. I place nice looking furniture that I have multiples of, so it looks nice. Even just fruit would do!

Villagers still trade items amongst themselves, but it's much more rarely than Re-Tail visits. Apologies if you already knew this fix and it just isn't your style!

Yeah I hate when villagers get ahold of ugly furniture, if a villager asks me for something for their house I always give them something attractive, if I'm carrying something and they beg me for it I'll even say no if it wont fit their theme. I have Phoebe in my Halloween town and I kept giving her more of the Gorgeous set but no matter what she kept her two red couches, they can really be stubborn!

Alright, this is the most random response, and I apologize for rambling, but I just had to share. When I woke up this morning, this posts' title was the first thing I thought. Just a dramatic "Etoile, why?!" *giggle*
I had absolutely no idea where it came from until I saw this again and remembered reading the title last night xD

Back