Trump is moving into the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I guess we should start calling it The Orange House.

You're still overreacting.

Is he?
Now I don't really think he's going to do as much damage as many people fear. But that doesn't mean this isn't a massive defeat for civilisation.

It's not that he's literally going to make people's lives worse so much that he sets a really ****ty example in terms of moral attitude. The fact that his racist, sexist, ignorant ass made it into the white house is sending the message that it's possible to get away with the kind of uncivilised crap he pulled, and to even be rewarded for it.

This, more than anything else, is the problem.

Last edited:
i'm going to miss obama. i'm not even american but i still hear about him more than my own prime minister. he had such good humour and the obamas were such a cool family.
watching trump become president seemed a little dystopian to me to say the least, but i'm hoping he won't do most of the stuff he says he will or be as bad as i think he will. had a nap afterwards and thought i'd dreamt it and there his face was right on the screen with 'president trump' on it lmao
on the bright side, it was nice of them to give the obamas a gift.

Last edited:
Only time will tell how good or bad Trump ends up being. I usually hope for the best, but prepare for the worst, so I guess from that perspective, it isn't that much different having Trump up there than Clinton other than that I think the worst has a higher chance of happening under Trump. I don't see Trump's election as defeat for democracy but rather a wake-up call for people that good leaders don't just get delivered on a silver platter; people have to put in the effort to make sure that good people like Obama get elected and bad people like Trump don't. Other than nukes flying, anything Trump does can be undone, but it won't magically happen unless people get out in the real world and organize to slow down Trump and replace him with a better president.

He won't. (I bet you)

Well I'm not a fan of Trump, I'm actually not. I'm only glad because Obama is out and the Republican Party dominated the wins in the election, even barely. Not just the ACA (I'm no longer calling it Obamacare) is gonna get repealed if the Republicans win, but I want them to take care of the increasing problem with political correctness.

- - - Post Merge - - -

At least he's not Ted Cruz

What don't you like about him?

Is he?
Now I don't really think he's going to do as much damage as many people fear. But that doesn't mean this isn't a massive defeat for civilisation.

It's not that he's literally going to make people's lives worse so much that he sets a really ****ty example in terms of moral attitude. The fact that his racist, sexist, ignorant ass made it into the white house is sending the message that it's possible to get away with the kind of uncivilised crap he pulled, and to even be rewarded for it.

This, more than anything else, is the problem.

Amen. I'm not even American and I feel offended that he made it as the freaking president of the USA. By that logic, any rich turd could apply and win. It's embarrassing.

I can't watch TV anymore because where I live, people thought it was a good idea to make Trump meme commercials.

they already removed all mention of lgbtq from government websites. :<
along with climate change and other hot topics :(

Last edited:
People will change the world, not politicians. Helps if you have someone who is open to what the public want and relate to them, but nevertheless people have always had the power. Push hard enough and you can do anything for your country. Change requires individuals actually getting up and out and doing things.

they already removed all mention of lgbtq from government websites. :<
along with climate change and other hot topics :(

Ugh, seriously?

I officially hate republicans. No more beating around the bush about it.

Love him or hate him He actually made a good speech today at the inauguration. But actions speaks louder than words of course.

i aint too fond of trump but im laughing so hard
IMG_20170120_201038.jpg
i dislike both of em

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back