• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Trump is moving into the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think you're missing the point. Trump may not be homophobic himself, but the people he's bringing into power certainly are, and his plans for the states will disrupt the legalisation of gay marriage. How is him being happy about Elton John got anything to do with that?

And anyway, Elton John isn't American. Gay marriage here has nothing to do with American politics. He got married in England.

I remember clearly Trump promising he would do his best to overturn the same-sex marriage decision. Thus, he has explicitly made himself an enemy of LGBT rights.

It does not matter how sincerely he holds that position himself. He has gave the religious right all of the power. He has filled the cabinet with religious right nutjobs and surely will do the same with Supreme Court nominees. Plus, lets not forget his Vice President.

As I stated before, there is no room to give Trump a chance. The one and only thing we can hope for is that minimal damage is able to be done.

Here we go again.

Give Trump a chance. If you cannot, then you need to re-think some things. You're expecting him to do horribly. "A flower can't grow with you yelling at it."

Last edited:
You don't think I feel the same with Hillary? But if she would've got elected, that would've guaranteed another chance. If the American people choose someone then that someone deserves a chance.

i don't give politicians chances. they have to earn it. so far he's so out of touch with the economy, foreign affairs, and makes things up. guys speech literally was nixons pandering to an imaginary silent majority all over again and he literally thought betsy devos, bannon and a bunch of blatantly corrupt or inexperienced cabinet members was a sound idea. once he does something progressive, if he actually does, only then will i give him a chance. i used to believe that centrist hohum stuff too when i was a teenager, now i'm in my mid-20s and quickly learned that the wait and see strategy is kinda realistically naive. people can change, sure, but they don't get elected as an authoritarian alt-right darling and turn into a human rights machine. i think you'll find centrist means slightly less far right to modern republican politicians. hillary clinton actually had political experience, giving her or bernie sanders even the other republican candidates a chance, that's reasonable. trump just keeps showing me he's unhinged and easily influenced and bought by his cabinet

Last edited:
Friendly reminder to keep cool heads here. Thread's blown up in the last twenty four hours, keep calm when trying to debate. Stay on topic as well please. No popcornin.

There is a lot of confusion about giving Trump a chance. I think no one can give him a chance if they look at the campaign he has run and the time between the outcome of the elections and his inauguration. And now his inauguration speech did not change tone, there is no way we should give him a chance.

I used to be all for giving him a chance. I hoped he would change to be more presidential after he got elected. In his first couple of speeches, in his victory tour across the country, when the public started chanting "lock her up", he literally said this: "That plays well in the election, but not anymore". I really held on to the hope that this man wasn't insane, that this man was actually going to lead the country in an intelligent way.

However, very soon he started to pick up his old retoric again. He still wanted to build the wall AND make Mexico pay for it. He still wanted to repeal the Affordable Care Act. The only thing he had done away with, was locking up Hillary Clinton. And then he appointed his cabinet. The richest cabinet ever. The cabinet that has a total worth the same as the lower third part of all Americans. This has nothing to do with "giving back politics to the public". All the cabinet nominees have been extensively discussed everywhere. Republican or democrat, no one can deny that most of them are the worst picks that one could possibly have for their positions. The CEO of an oil company, the oil business, the most terrible business in the world, as state secretary? The candidate-nominee for president, who could not remember the department he would do away with, will now head the very same department?
And then there's the fact that the Trump administration is not ready for the presidency. They never were. Three days ago, they had appointed 28 out of 690 positions that need senate confirmation. I have seen some people reply to this news that the democrats need to stop blocking nominees. But this is not about blocking, there is nothing to block! There are no nominees, and no one knows if there are people being interviewed. During a normal transition there would be at least 100 of these 690 positions should be filled, confirmed and everything, around inauguration day. But only 28 people have been appointed and not all have been confirmed. This story gets worse. There are also about 3000 positions that need NO confirmation. Mike Pence boasted three days ago that the Trump administration had appointed 536 people to these positions. This is stunning and not normal. One positive point about this: Some people of the Obama administration will stay on to fill some of these position, but the number that goes around is about 50 only, so this doesn't help a lot.
Then of course, there's the issue of his ties to his business. He does not want to put his companies in a blind trust (No, his sons are not a blind trust). In his first press conference in half a year he boasted that he did not take a bribe. That is all good and well, but the darker message is that he is offered bribes. He was offered 2 billion dollars for a project somewhere in the middle-east. Trump has not given his tax returns. This means the public cannot know where his ties are exactly, and the fact that he does not cut these ties in a meaningful way, means that we cannot trust him.
There are so many more points like this, I haven't even started about ties with Russia. I don't want to write an entire book in one post. But giving this man a chance? Even if his policy will be all good, he still has his cabinet that can destroy the world. They have already taken down the pages of civil rights and climate change on the .gov websites. Trump is not in control, and even if he was, all the signs are there that he is a corrupt president. This sort of behaviour is normal in the third world countries. In Africa, Gambia, president Jammeh did not want to leave after a new president had been voted in, this happened over the past few days. Only after an army of surrounding countries stood on the doorstep of Gambia, Jammeh finally gave in. Is this what awaits the United States of America?

Last edited:
bc its the states rights to choose in regards to marriage
but the federal government loves to stomp on the rights of the individual state

- - - Post Merge - - -

hell yea brother

Sorry, but the Supreme Court has the right to decide things.

And they decided the states don't get to choose.

Conensus :

Some Want Trump To Earn A Chance, Some Are Denying Him Any Chance, Some Are Giving Him A Chance

Most Side With The Supreme Court, Some Do Not - Gay Marriage Legalization

Then let me rephrase my stuff and just say that, if you can't give Trump a chance or even let him try and re-earn one, then give America a chance. Give this country the support that it is most likely going to desperately need if things play out a certain way. Give it the chance to bounce back if things go haywire.

Don't give up on it. JFC, please, don't give up on it.

No popcornin.

Also, for some reason, I lost it at this. I found it so funny but I can't even explain why.

Last edited:
oh, and Trump basically declared war on and is clearly trying to manipulate the media for "lying" about his inauguration attendance numbers

so yeah. at this point **** you if you think he actually deserves a chance and isn't an actual legitimate threat

Second chances are for things where you can start with a clean slate. People do not forget, so Trump will not get a second chance, he first had to make up for all the wrongs he has done. Only when Trump is not president anymore, the president of the U.S. gets a second chance. However, people should not generalize either, not every American is a Trump supporter, shown only by how many people were in Washington today compared to how many were at the inauguration. And even not every Trump supporter is an idiot. So the people of America deserve a better president, and a second chance. Let's hope that this cabinet falls quickly.

People are still protesting his presidency. According to recent reports, 217 Trump opponents involved in the protests were apprehended. Opposing him is one thing, but these people were being violent. And people accuse him of tyranny when in reality these protesters and rioters are barbarians.

Last edited:
From what I've seen his inauguration was not only 250,000. The media predicted that Trump would have lost, he didn't. The media estimated 250,000 people at his inauguration, um - it was definitely more.

Obama only had such an outcome because he was the first black president.

- - - Post Merge - - -

People are still protesting his presidency. According to recent reports, 217 Trump opponents involved in the protests were apprehended. Opposing him is one thing, but these people were being violent. And people accuse him of tyranny when in reality these protesters and rioters are barbarians.

Yes. I agree with this 100%.

If Hillary would have won, Trump supporters wouldn't have thrown a hissy-fit.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The estimation also came from Dan Gross. One report.

Bottom line.

It wasn't the best weather.
His speech was inspirational.
I saw way more than 250k.

Last edited:
**** this racist, sexist, misogynistic, sociopathic, narcissistic, fascist, dip**** nazi manchild

and I know I missed at least 5 more valid insults in that

- - - Post Merge - - -

yeah well if Trump starts launching nukes at other countries for poking fun at him like the petty little ***** that he is, then that will be a pretty apt way of putting it

somebody's... TRIGGERED!

I don't really like Trump, but c'mon, you know?

Last edited:
Here we go again.

Give Trump a chance. If you cannot, then you need to re-think some things. You're expecting him to do horribly. "A flower can't grow with you yelling at it."

But a flower can grow with you yelling at it...

Trump can still govern even with people protesting and criticizing him. Obama did it. Ever other president before had to deal with protests. Obama has been criticized a ton, but he didn't stop and get in a Twitter war with almost every single person who criticized him. Trump can either try to brush off his critics and focus on his job and gain more support that way, or he can keep pulling his Android out of his butt at 3 A.M. every morning and continue looking like an ass. It's his choice. But Trump has been kind of stuck in an adolescent state for 70 years now, so I wouldn't put money on him reaching adulthood in the next few months or even the next 4 years.

somebody's... TRIGGERED!

I don't really like Trump, but c'mon, you know?

The problem here is that she has extreme liberal bias. As I read some of her posts, I can tell that she is far-left. Probably more left than Ted Cruz is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back