• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Trump is moving into the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not need to give Trump a chance.

I know everything he plans to do. He has said it, and even if he was lying about it, that wouldn't make him any better of a person and definitely no better of a president. To repeat what I said before he became president, this is a man who thinks planned parenthood is an "abortion factory", thinks Muslim Americans should be abolished until he can "figure things out", "can't decide", on transsexual rights, wants to surrogate individual states (which is what his stance on same-sex marriage will result in), is a complete pervert who calls women "big fat pigs", and has been accused of being a rapist multiple times, including by his very own ex-wife. Oh, and just recently the KKK have claimed him to have "reunited [their] people".

With all of that in mind, there are no chances to give to him. I gave him a chance when he was campaigning, and he blew it within five seconds.

bc its the states rights to choose in regards to marriage
but the federal government loves to stomp on the rights of the individual state

- - - Post Merge - - -

The American Dream is so beautiful.

hell yea brother

bc its the states rights to choose in regards to marriage
but the federal government loves to stomp on the rights of the individual state

Uh, no. Being able to love and marry your partner should be universally accepted nowadays. Not sure why anyone would choose not to.

Trump.

Period. Point. Blank.

Those who support him. Don't go whole-heartedly on his train.

Those who oppose him. Give him a chance.

?\_(ツ)_/?

Last edited:
Uh, no. Being able to love and marry your partner should be universally accepted nowadays. Not sure why anyone would choose not to.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."- 10th amendment

A lot of states were also for slavery.

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."- 10th amendment

To hell with that. No piece of paper should get in the way of something as important as human partnership.

life isnt always fair
?\_(ツ)_/?

It's not something you can just shrug off. There are people who have killed themselves over not being accepted for their sexuality, and the inability to marry their partners just normalises the issue.

It's not something you can just shrug off. There are people who have killed themselves over not being accepted for their sexuality, and the inability to marry their partners just normalises the issue.

too bad theres the constitution
maybe if there was none and america was anarchy they wouldnt have killed themselves

life isnt always fair
?\_(ツ)_/?

I think we have all acknowledged that at this point in time, we don't need some person on the internet telling us that. Oh and....?\_(ツ)_/?

Last edited:
so a piece of paper is more important than human life?

got it. nice to know the kind of person you are

yes it is.
the constitution is more important then a few human lives
even a few thousand

I think LGBTQ marriage should be legalized regardless of what state says. It was clearly the right choice.

States during a time of racism were against abolishing slavery.
States during a time of intolerance are against same-sex marriage.

See a pattern?

If you're a Trump supporter you support the undoing of gay marriage legalisation. Simple as that. You can't be somewhere in the middle with that. Don't like it? Don't support him.

Trump has never explicitly said that he's personally against LGBT rights, but he could still undermine them with his Supreme Court nomination(s). The decision to make same-sex marriage legal in all states was a 5-4 decision, so if Trump appoints anti-LGBT justices, the decision could possibly be overturned. I doubt it would actually get overturned because it would be political suicide for Republicans to do so at this point, but nothing is set in stone and nothing is predictable now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back