• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

It's about time...

Videoguy612

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I think it is finally about time to see a new Animal Crossing game in the making.... New Leaf has been out for almost 4 years. 5 years in Japan almost. I played ACNL SO MUCH for the first year in a half, and still play it now, but don't NEARLY have as much fun as I used to in the first year or two. Now I play it just to play it, and I'm just flat out bored with it. Unfortunately the amiibo update didn't change my opinion right now, I LOVE the idea of having old villagers returning I was so happy to see them back! However this didn't make me enjoy the game any more than I do now. I feel like the Welcome Amiibo update came a bit too late, (More than a bit!) I am a true Animal Crossing fan, but after a while talking to villagers gets repetitive, because you know what they will say.. All in all I AM READY for AC SWITCH!

You know there's other games out there besides Animal Crossing. Why not play some of those, while we wait instead of complaining...

Just saying

Last edited:
I think it is finally about time to see a new Animal Crossing game in the making.... New Leaf has been out for almost 4 years. 5 years in Japan almost. I played ACNL SO MUCH for the first year in a half, and still play it now, but don't NEARLY have as much fun as I used to in the first year or two. Now I play it just to play it, and I'm just flat out bored with it.

There lies your problem - you've had it since release and still play it 5 years later to the point where it's a chore - presumably without a respite. Don't you have any other games that aren't from the Animal Crossing Series? It's a chill game and all, sure, but outside of completing your town (PWPs, 10 favorite villagers - I doubt anyone has the goal of going through all 360 something villagers and getting their pics, landscaping, completing the museum, completing the catalog), it's not a game worth playing for 5 years straight, imho.

Last time you all complained and tried to rush Nintendo you got Amiibo Festival. So shhh and be patient or you'll get a crappy spinoff again.

Honestly, I'd rather Nintendo take years between each game to make the next one have more improvements. You don't really want them to rush it and have it be too similar to New Leaf, do you? Then you'll just get bored even quicker.

Besides, like others said - you've been playing New Leaf for a long time. It's really no surprise that you're bored by it.

Lord no let them take their time so we can get quality instead of something like City Folk.

I feel like because of the update a new animal crossing game is very far away.

play stardew valley while you wait its just as addicting as acnl imo

the mobile game will apparently connect with acnl so i think we have at least one more year with acnl which isnt a completely bad thing, but i would like to see a new game with enhanced/new features. hoping for it to stay on the 3ds but also want to see ac in hd so...

I've been playing the game pretty much daily since it released in the states, but I also have a LOT of other games to help break up the potential boredom of just playing Animal Crossing and nothing else.

And they JUST gave us the Welcome Amiibo update, so that kinda helps breathe new life into the game.

But beyond that, I'd wait until someone pings to move out of your town(s) and then take a break. That's what I've done, and it helps immensely.

Last edited:
I am torn with agreeing with you and agreeing with some others except with all respect to those saying what about playing other games?
For me personally there are no other games that are JUST LIKE the animal crossing series that I am able to so fully immerse myself for hours and hours at a time.
When I was younger and had all the working expansion packs for it, it was The Simms up to busting out I think. That was the only other game I would even remotely spend as much time playing as I have done with the Animal Crossing series. I just turned 40 so for me all these other new games do not interest me in the slightest.
However, I do no not want just another AC spin off or NL update. I do actually like the new update way more then I thought I would and it has gotten me playing a bit more but it's still just NL.
We all do have a right though to express our ideas for a new game in the series especially since as someone pointed out some of us have been playing it almost non stop since it was released. But that is not a bad thing. It shows the power of how good the game is no matter if we get bored or not because we still have this need to go back to it.
No we probably won't get anything new any time soon because of the update but you never know. The update could have been something just tide us over till the next full game comes out and could already be in the works!

One thing to take away from it: if they do release a new Animal Crossing for the Switch, we should be able to use all of our Amiibo figures and cards still, since the new system has a built-in NFC reader.

My money is on making some sort of announcement for a new AC game late next year or early 2019 to release in 2020.

Back