• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

ACWW frame rate on 3DS?

I remember when I first got New Leaf. I was on the train ride with Rover and I noticed that the framerate was dropping pretty badly. But yes, City Folk is the smoothest it seems. That or the GCN game.

I didn't notice any drops on the train, but it really does stutter along in busy towns (lots of flowers etc.).

I think both GameCube AC and Let's Go to the City both run at 50/60fps? Never properly played either, to be honest.

I think both GCN and CF have about the same framerate, CF loads slower, though.

When I was young, playing my DS and still wondering what comes after 100, I played Wild World. I've played so many horrible framerate games as I was young and it makes me wonder how I bared with them for so long. For me though, I honestly cared less about FPS or graphics. As long as it's fun was all that mattered... and replayability... probably the biggest factor. I'm planning on getting Wild World again just to get some nostalgia. I could honestly care less about framerate. Too bad it wasn't the system cause would love to run it on a smoother FPS. Whatever. I'm just happy to be playing it again.

Any idea for Forest Life's performance on the N64? It's remarkably similar to the Gamecube version, just with a little less content and all in Japanese only.

I've played it before. It's about the same framerate. It might load slighty faster than GCN, but I'm pretty sure it's about the same.

A big reason I've stuck with my original pink 3DS is because I've tried New Leaf on my hubbys New 3DS and the game actually looks worse to me. He explained that it was because the New 3DS was more powerful, like putting a PS2 game on a HD TV; you'll see the flaws more easily. As backwards as it is, NL actually gives the illusion of looking more crisp on the older DS.

Any idea for Forest Life's (you mean Animal Forest) performance on the N64? It's remarkably similar to the Gamecube version, just with a little less content and all in Japanese only.

I tried it and it seems to be nearly the same, except the menus such as the map and inventory take like 5 seconds to load while on the GCN it's instant. Could just be the emulator, even though I tried different emulators on different devices and they all took 5 seconds to load the menus. Also just a note, you can't speed up the text in the N64 version. I've also heard that it may randomly crash when entering a house even on the N64 (it happened to me once, on an emulator).

I tried it and it seems to be nearly the same, except the menus such as the map and inventory take like 5 seconds to load while on the GCN it's instant. Could just be the emulator, even though I tried different emulators on different devices and they all took 5 seconds to load the menus. Also just a note, you can't speed up the text in the N64 version. I've also heard that it may randomly crash when entering a house even on the N64 (it happened to me once, on an emulator).

Eh. Animal Forest can be really strange in emulators - I couldn't get it running usably on my phone using the free N64 emulators which are all based on the same opensource project anyway. However, Superman 64's pink sky was a surprisingly easy fix - just a settings change. :p

That sucks that you can't speed the text up, but makes sense since it's the first release. Even all the other titles with their sped-up text options feel to slow, but I guess someone probably chose to not be able to just skip text altogether somewhere down the line, which is fair enough.

Back