• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your favorite mahou shoujo anime?

MayorNoodl

Guzma Trash ಠ⌣ಠ
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Yellow Candy
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Winter Mittens
My current favorite is Puella Magi Madoka Magica!
I'm going to start Card Captor Sakura soon, so hopefully I'll enjoy that ^^
I watched a little Sailor Moon when I was little but not much... So hopefully I'll decide to start that one soon also!

they're not really my cup of tea usually but I think I'll have to agree with you, Madoka Magica

What is mahou shoujo? There's only 2 types of anime's i know, good and bad.

Magical girl - where a girl transforms into a different identity through the help of magic and/or a talking animal friend. It's usually to fight bad guys and save the day, but doesn't necessarily have to be.

Anyway, here's my favorites:

- Sailor Moon: Of course. It's one of the shows that got me huge into anime. I have to name this.
- Utena: The first dark magical girl show - before Madoka Magica or Yuki Yuna.
- Full Moon wo Saga****e: She doesn't fight bad guys. Essentially it's about a sick girl who can transform into a pop singer and live a life she wouldn't of gotten to live normally. If anyone here likes this, you should also go back and watch Fancy Lala. Fancy Lala is older than Full Moon but has the similar thing of a girl that transforms into a pop singer, but the goal is different. It's about an elementary school girl who wants to know what it's like to be "grown up" (her grownup form is only a teenager though).
- Cardcaptor Sakura. Of course. It's a classic. It's pretty different from Sailor Moon, because it's only 1 girl (not a whole team), and the goal is a bit different.

They don't make as many magical girl shows as they used to. That's probably why all of my favorites are so old. I honestly liked Yuki Yuna is a Hero more than Madoka Magica, even though Yuki Yuna wouldn't of existed if it weren't for Madoka. That would be a suggestion to watch if you want something newer.

Edit: ARGH, I hate it when sites like to bleep out anime names that include the letters shi and then a t. I am not trying to break any rules here, nor is that show bad for kids. It's, in fact, aimed at a younger crowd and is all-ages friendly. :(

Last edited:
Definitely Madoka Magica and Cardcaptor Sakura. C:

Madoka is different in a good way and has a compelling story. Cardcaptor Sakura is cute and fun to watch, especially with the romance. x3

the only one i've liked and watched is puella magi madoka magica. it destroyed me tbh

Madoka magica as it is thoroughly excellent and the only one I have seen anyways...

That is probably because good and bad aren't genre's? Mahou shoujo literally just means what it says. Mahou is Japanese for magic and shoujo means girls. Similarly, it is also labeled as shojo, meaning for girls. That is why you see shows referred to as shonen, shojo, seinen,or josei.

Kaitou St. Tail. It's pretty old and underrated, but it's still enjoyable. c:

I haven't actually seen that one, but I've wanted to!

I have seen Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne though. I heard it's similar to St. Tail? I don't know for sure though. Jeanne is newer than St. Tail either way.

I haven't actually seen that one, but I've wanted to!

I have seen Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne though. I heard it's similar to St. Tail? I don't know for sure though. Jeanne is newer than St. Tail either way.

I haven't seen Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, so I really don't know. ^^;
But you should definitely watch St. Tail! The main character is like a magician Robin Hood, and the little romance is really cute. c:

i havent watched a lot of mahou shoujo..., if akb0048 counts it is definitely that one but it's an idol anime and not Really mahou shoujo bc it doesnt fit the trope that well.

i can only recall like 3 mahou shoujo animes ive seen and one of them is that one w/ the boys and the dead teacher lmao. i have read a few more mahou shoujo mangas like that one by CLAMP and tokyo mew mew but those are . r?y bad..,

i guess madoka magica is the best Real magical girls anime ive watched but yyh. i dont like the genre that much but parodies of it are kinda funny

Back