• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Pokémon Trouble Trading...

Katelyn

Check out my PWYW Shops~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Jack
Lucky
Purple Bat Potion
Lobo
Mint
Coco
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Ruby
Isabelle
So, I've been trying to trade a Dedenne to someone from this forum on Pokemon Sun/Moon but it just won't let me. Since it wouldn't work I tried to put it into the GTS just to see if it would allow me and it did? So why am I able to put it in there to trade to someone but not trade it directly??

I haven't traded with too many people online in Pokemon yet so I haven't run into any issues.

Why wouldn't it let you trade? Did you get an error message? Were you just unable to find them in Festival Plaza? Something else?

I haven't traded with too many people online in Pokemon yet so I haven't run into any issues.

Why wouldn't it let you trade? Did you get an error message? Were you just unable to find them in Festival Plaza? Something else?
Nope. It said Pok?mon isn't good to trade or something

It says something along the lines of "There's a problem with this pokemon, it cannot be traded" or something like that

Ohhhh... There is one possibility. The game has some checks built into it so if you're hacking in Pokemon, it will reject them for online play and trades. Does that Dedenne have anything on it that a Dedenne couldn't normally have/learn? An example: Dedenne can't learn Splash at all in any possible way, so if you put Splash on a Dedenne, it would likely reject it.

But the fact that it wouldn't let you trade directly, but let you trade over GTS is just weird. So I don't know for sure! I'm just guessing.

Hmm. Try giving it a different move set and make it level 99? I checked online for the move set. Maybe it can't go past a certain level DJ?

Hmm. Try giving it a different move set and make it level 99? I checked online for the move set. Maybe it can't go past a certain level DJ?

Dedenne can get to level 100. All Pokemon can. I imagine you're running into this issue for the Dedenne that Katelyn made for you using her shop thread? I'll look at what you asked for and see if there's anything the system might reject.

Dedenne can get to level 100. All Pokemon can. I imagine you're running into this issue for the Dedenne that Katelyn made for you using her shop thread? I'll look at what you asked for and see if there's anything the system might reject.

Yep. Thanks!

I FOUND IT!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dedenne_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Dedenne's abilities can only be Cheek Pouch, Pickup, or Plus (Plus is the hidden ability). Only Stufful and Bewear can have Fluffy as the ability. So since Fluffy is invalid for Dedenne, the system is rejecting it.

Looking at Dedenne's abilities, I think you should go for Cheek Pouch. If you plan to use Dedenne for battling, that sounds like the most useful one to me.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cheek_Pouch_(Ability)

I FOUND IT!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dedenne_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

Dedenne's abilities can only be Cheek Pouch, Pickup, or Plus (Plus is the hidden ability). Only Stufful and Bewear can have Fluffy as the ability. So since Fluffy is invalid for Dedenne, the system is rejecting it.

Looking at Dedenne's abilities, I think you should go for Cheek Pouch. If you plan to use Dedenne for battling, that sounds like the most useful one to me.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cheek_Pouch_(Ability)

The problem is though, one has Cheek Pouch and the other has Plus (I generated a second one since the first wasn't working) but neither of them worked. We traded a hacked in Cutiefly perfectly fine but it's just giving us a problem with Dedenne

The problem is though, one has Cheek Pouch and the other has Plus (I generated a second one since the first wasn't working) but neither of them worked. We traded a hacked in Cutiefly perfectly fine but it's just giving us a problem with Dedenne

Hmm maybe release one?

Ah, OK. I was just going off of what Reyrey's request form said. Too bad that the issue wasn't that simple!

I'm not sure what's wrong then. I have no way of editing Pokemon myself and, of course, I can't see what you have on the Dedenne that might be making the system reject it.

...Wait. There is also the possibility that it's being rejected because Dedenne is not possible to get in Sun/Moon yet. Dedenne is not catchable in Sun/Moon and Pokemon Bank hasn't launched yet.

Ah, OK. I was just going off of what Reyrey's request form said. Too bad that the issue wasn't that simple!

I'm not sure what's wrong then. I have no way of editing Pokemon myself and, of course, I can't see what you have on the Dedenne that might be making the system reject it.

...Wait. There is also the possibility that it's being rejected because Dedenne is not possible to get in Sun/Moon yet. Dedenne is not catchable in Sun/Moon and Pokemon Bank hasn't launched yet.

At first that's what I was figuring as well, but I was able to trade one to my boyfriend earlier... It's just all really confusing lol

At first that's what I was figuring as well, but I was able to trade one to my boyfriend earlier... It's just all really confusing lol

How did you trade it to him? If you did a local trade (through Quick Link), that doesn't require going through Nintendo's online system so it can't do the checks.

How did you trade it to him? If you did a local trade (through Quick Link), that doesn't require going through Nintendo's online system so it can't do the checks.
She did it link trade with me.

Last edited:
She did it link trade with me.

Yeah, but you guys were online through Festival Plaza, right?

You can do local trades through the menu option called Quick Link. You don't have to go into Festival Plaza or connect to the internet for that. That's why I think Katelyn's trade with her boyfriend might've worked, but it didn't work with you. It had to go through the internet, and Nintendo's online checkers, to get to you.

You can do local trades through the menu option called Quick Link. You don't have to go into Festival Plaza or connect to the internet for that. That's why I think Katelyn's trade with her boyfriend might've worked, but it didn't work with you. It had to go through the internet, and Nintendo's online checkers, to get to you.

Yeah. Hmm is there a way to disable it?

I did trade it to him earlier through the festival plaza lol. That's why I'm so confused

Yeah. Hmm is there a way to disable it?

Nope.

Though I bet if you really want that Dedenne, you could probably get it from Katelyn whenever Pokemon Bank launches. When Bank is out, that means it would be legit to have a Dedenne in Sun/Moon at that point. Nintendo said "January", and it's already the 19th, so hopefully it's coming soon. But they haven't said when yet. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I did trade it to him earlier through the festival plaza lol. That's why I'm so confused

You can use the Festival Plaza offline too. Were you both connected to the internet in the game when you traded?

Back