• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever seen your school on fire?

Back in my infant days, yes my old primary school burned down (what actually caused it idk i was like 2). When i was in my first year, 3 years later the new school was built and older kids got taught in portakabins until it was (the half the younger kids stayed in didnt burn down for some reason). it was shocking because my brother was at school and my dad went to pick him up and suddenty bam this schools on fire

my current school's been on fire once but nobody got hurt and it was pretty minor. last year some guy set off a smoke bomb and we all thought that was a fire, but no it wasnt

My old school burned overnight, didn't see it unfortunately. And they didn't even close school.

There's been a few occasions of fire in my school...

There were times where people would set the carpet on fire by spraying deoderant on it. Nothing major, but still.

The big fire happened while was staying behind for extra art work. Throughout being at art (the whole day) everyone could faintly smell smoke in there. No one thought nothing of it. It wasn't till 4pm where we had realised there was a fire in the KILN room where I was working outside of. No one noticed until my friend asked it there was suppossed to be a fire in there :/

The whole school had to be evaccuated (or everyone who was in there) and the fire brigade was called. Unsurprisingly, it was the sprinklers that put out the fire but not only did that, but also wrecked the art department, all the work in there as well as the dance studio below it. You don't realise how panicky I was about the art work!

The fact that the city where I live in also flooded too a month later, flooding the school too, which didn't help the situation. The school was only fixed up properly just before we went back in September.

Story of my last year at school :/ A very eventful one.

No, although at my Elementary School they had an incident with smoke where everyone had to evacuate, although I wasn't at that school at the time that happened.

One time a microwave in our school exploded and it was on fire but like, no one noticed. Then it was out and I have no idea how but no one was sent outside or anything...?

Also my school is kinda known for (warning: explicit?) this kid setting himself on fire in the cafeteria. I wasn't there to witness it, but it did happen a year or two before going there. It's really sad, and I feel terrible for the kids who watched him do it. He didn't survive, sadly. This took a dark turn. I'll stop now.

Nope. But my high school got flooded in one of the chemistry classrooms one time because somebody thought they'd be funny and ended up breaking one of the pipes to a sink in there.

Our science department set off the fire alarm numerous times, I remember one of those instances was due to a teacher who loved showing off a particular experiment that actually set the table on fire during his demonstration. He was one of those super excitable teachers who loved doing that kind of stuff, guess it got out of hand one time and everyone was herded outside to wait for the fire department to arrive. Oops.

I never actually saw that, but it was a popular topic back when it happened. Though I do remember during my last days of school when time was running short towards the end of the year, my entire advanced higher art class was rushing to get the last of our projects polished off and ready to be sent to the examination board, but the fire alarm was continually being set off throughout the day. At first the whole school was wondering what the heck was going on, and it turned out to be a student from another school who kept sneaking into our campus and intentionally setting off the fire alarm. She was dangerous too, I remember bumping into her in the corridor one time while it was empty, scary stuff. Ultimately it was more annoying than anything else because each fire alarm reduced the time we had left to work on our projects by about 20 minutes each, it became really stressful in the end.

Nowadays they've tightened the security in the school quite substantially, from what my brother has told me.

Back in elementary, the fire alarm started going off and the teachers told us it wasn't a drill. Turns out someone just burned some popcorn in the office. -_-

When I was young my entire school burnt down. It took me years to get over my fear of fires and to stop having nightmares about it. :/

No but I remember some idiot set the tiniest fire ever in the science room (which was put out in like .2 seconds) and we had to have a whole drill in the freezing cold

Not as serious as a fire, but when I was in 8th grade a car drove into our cafeteria in the morning before school (so a lot of kids hung out there before school just like the library, etc.), no one was hurt and we had to have lunch as well as anything else done in the cafeteria in the gym. It's kind of a funny, weird thing to remember now.

the only time a fire drill went off that was ACTUALLY a drill, someone, somehow, set the trash can on fire. but the funny thing was, the school was right next to a fire department. and the trashcan was outside, and it was 5 feet away from a fence, then the back of the fire department where they kept their trucks and such. they could've easily pulled out a hose and just sprayed the trashcan down without even needing to move.

Back