• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever seen your school on fire?

Yes. My former college's photography department caught fire while I was still studying there. It was terrifying.

There weren't any fires while I was in school but I remember when I was in 10th grade, someone from the 9th grade P.E. class pulled the fire alarm and got in a lot of trouble. I was in P.E. (the 10th grade class) while this happened so I remember seeing who it was that did it.

The thread title is strange. Of course most people have never actually had a major part of their school burn down. The only time I remember having a fire in school was a trash bin fire. It's silly that they have to evacuate the whole damn school because of that, but safety, lawsuits, etc. I guess.

At my junior high they set off the fire alarms because they set a cheeto on fire during a lab to calculate calories...

I set a bathroom at school on fire.

It did catch on fire. But I didn't see it. Instead, me, my classmates and my teacher were outside making Smores. I didn't like it at first, but as I got older, I love them!

No, but i accidentally set my roommate's backpack on fire once when it was near the stove burner and i was cooking ramen noodles. oops!

*pulls up a chair*
SO, let me tell you a story about my middle school. So basically I went to a middle school that had TWO middle schools on the same campus, our schedules were varied so that we didn't interfere with each other but some of the buildings were shared between the schools and stuff. So a thing that happened way too often was that every few weeks a teacher would burn something in the teacher's lounge and we'd all, BOTH SCHOOLS, get evacuated. It happened so often we because accustom to getting up and going and sitting out in our evacuation places for 30 minutes and then go back to class.

Well one day we hear the alarms go off, and we all collectively sigh, and all file out of the classrooms half-heartedly and we're all standing out in the parking lot grumbling cause it was a cold morning, just waiting for the alarms to turn off so we could go back to class. So we're sitting out there and one of my friend's is like, 'Oh **** look over there" and we all look over and we see smoke, coming over from the music outbuilding, it was a bit away from the main school buildings but then we're all like, oh crap. So fire engines come rushing in and we're all like actually panicked, all we could see was the smoke we didn't know what was going on. So we were out there for like an hour maybe an hour and a half and then we all went back to our classes.

I had choir in the mornings so the next day when I went to class there was a huge hole burned in the wall, from the inside with boards over it but the teacher wouldn't tell us what happened. Later we found out that there was a girl whose class was using that room to show a movie cause there was a projector, and a girl first was lighting little things of paper on fire on her desk, but since that got no attention she decided to try to light the person in front of her's chair on fire(we found the chair with the burn marks on it too) and then she got up and lit a poster on the wall on fire which caught the whole wall on fire, so basically she ended up in juvie, she was a student at the other school not mine, so I didn't know her but it was just so ridiculous... It took them a while to get the wall patched up, but it was one of those school buildings with the carpet looking panels so they replaced the 2 panels that got burnt and they were a different color than the others so it was always evidence of what happened there.

yes, in 2006 I believe. everyone was panicking but we had to wait a bit before we got sent home, I think we got the following day off

These stories are cool!! I would've killed to see any of the schools I went to on fire. In fact, with all the mayhem and chaos we used to cause in (every class, but especially) shop, science and cooking class, I am very surprised there weren't any fires.

No...But almost :p

There was one day when I was in Calculus that the fire alarm went off. By the look on my very strict, sour-faced maths teacher's face I could tell she wasn't expecting it. When we went outside, the whole school was smothered in smoke. I naturally thought that someone must had set the cooking classes on fire. We were called to the main quad when the principle announced that the source of the the fire wasn't from our school...

Turns out on of the houses behind us had a sleep-out where there was a laptop charging, which had exploded and set the whole sleep-out on fire :p It was an interesting day to say the least.

serious question, are you 12?

also, no

The smile's and "i wishes" are mostly from people who are like, "Yay, a free day off schoo." at least I hope, I don't think they're like BURN SCHOOL BURN. (Some of them are, but I don't think that's how they meant the smile)

Also I've also had bomb threats called into our school, once was during nearly freezing weather in icy rain and we got to all stand out in the muddy field as our whole school got scoured over and we weren't allowed to take our bags or coats they told us to leave everything because they didn't know who was behind it and so they had to check all our stuff. They had sniffer dogs and everything... it was so horrible.

And we had a drug raid at our school once too where they actually had the dogs sniff us and our bags and everything and my friend got pulled away from our group and we were all like :eek: cause she was like an A+ student and stuff, but I guess they do that to see if the person would confess or something but the dog totally just smelled an open bag of beef jerky so he acted weird by her bag and it was kind of funny cause they're not supposed to do that.

Last edited:
You know, I don't think I've ever experienced a school fire.
I know plenty of fire alarms went off because kids thought it was funny to pull the alarm and have us miss class because we had to evacuate. Hm, the old days

lol At first, I thought the thread was called "Have you ever set your school on fire".

But anyways, no, I haven't personally. But back when I was like in 4th grade, my elementary school caught on fire near the 1st and 2nd grade classes. I didn't get to see any fire or smoke, but I heard the fire trucks pulling in. I remember worrying if my little brother made it out, which fortunately he did.

What the **** are people's schools not made of concrete? There's never been anything close to that and as far as I know fire drills are a joke.

Back