What will you do with your NL town if there's an AC for the Switch?

Keep on playing New Leaf. As of yet, I don't have any plans to get the Switch. I don't have much time to play and the Switch's full retail price is a bit much considering I'm not looking at too many games. Plus, I'd like a full handheld and the Switch is a mix, which I'm not a fan of.

I would play both games. My main town PWP, museums and badges are complete. I have 5 real ACNL towns so I can freeze the others to play the switch/ main town ACNL in the same night.

For me, it would greatly depend on how the next main game is handled, as well as how Nintendo handles the switch. I love my 3ds and really don't think I'll adapt well to the switch. I've always loved animal crossing, but New leaf is the only one I've really stuck with. I've been playing it since it came out at an average of an hour a day (know this thanks to the gamer stats on my 3ds :p ). I absolutely adore my town, though I do sometimes become frustrated with it. Unless the next game is AMAZING, I don't really see myself abandoning New Leaf.

If the game functions are all handled very well and my favorite villagers are still preserved, of course I'll upgrade... But I'm a little bit worried that Nintendo won't handle the next game well. They've made a lot of questionable decisions with their games--- But I still think they'll probably do a good job-- we'll have to see! Regardless, this is the only game that I haven't ditched for a huge period of its existence. Even wild world got abandoned for over a year straight ^^;; As for City Folk... My wii-mote couldn't hold a charge and I HATED having to sit in front of my TV every time I wanted to play!

I'm excited, either way! I just really hope it takes New Leaf a long time to become irrelevant... Eventually most players will move on and it'll be in the dust-- Until that day, you better bet I'll stay a happy little Mayor over my comfy little towns <3

Agree with you. I've played all the AC games and ACNL is the only one that I haven't missed a day. It's the longest I've played an AC game.

I'm also worried about how Nintendo will handle the next AC game. With the spin off games and the updates I'm not sure what will happen. The update has made villager placement and bug catching too easy. I caught a scorpion in 20 minutes when I had the coupon challenge. Caught 4 other tarantula/scorpion using the coupons and got it with no problems. I don't want the next game to be too easy.

i'll keep my town and cry because i can't afford a nintendo switch like all the cool kids

I think I'll still play just not as often. Probably every couple weeks or so to check up on my villagers and update my da or something.

I don't trust the switch just yet. And even if I do come to trust it, and they actually make an animal crossing game they haven't even started yet... Besides, I don't have the money for another console. I like the 3DS, and if Nintendo continues to make games for it, I don't need another handheld console.

It really depends on how good the game is, or if I even get it tbh. Unless there's several games I want to play on it I probably wont get the switch so I will likely still be playing my ACNL =D

I personally don't think they'll have another AC game for quite awhile ... but when the inevitable comes, when a new Animal Crossing game comes out, I think I'll just abandon my town. I might visit it every now and then, but who knows? I'd say the new AC game will have much better features, as you pointed out. I think most people will jump to AC Switch.

Online play on Switch will not be free so it'll difficult to interact with other towns.
So, I don't think an AC game for the Switch would replace New Leaf.

I don't think I'll be buying the switch, I didn't get the Wii U either, I think I'll be sticking to handheld devices from now on.
New Leaf has so much to be done, it takes a lifetime to finish anyways. Not to mention the dream suite, you can visit so many different towns if you ever get bored of your own, it's the best feature of the game. The only bad thing about a new Animal Crossing game is that if you stick to an older version one starts to get less online opportunities.
If an Animal Crossing game comes out for the Switch I'll probably just follow it through Let's Plays.

How about if they stop supporting wifi on ACNL...will you guys still continue to play...No more trading, that would be terrible..I'll probably get the new game for the switch and check in on my old town, but it won't be the same without wifi.

Can't see them cutting the wifi for a long time yet. And the switch isn't going to replace the Nintendo
I'm not going to be buying one, unless I find out they're absolutely amazing, made that mistake with the Wii u
So I'll still be playing with my new leaf town for a long time to come yet. Much prefer AC on a proper portable

I'll do what I always do. Take a hiatus for a while, then go back to it. It has nothing to do with the switch. I'm probably not even going to buy it. I just take months-long breaks from this game.

I'm probably just going to stick with New Leaf since there's no way I'm getting the switch just to play one game. I dunno, maybe if I save up, I'll contemplate it, but the chances are unlikely so I'd just keep playing New Leaf.

i dont think im allowed to get the switch, if i move out, i sure will. so for now, im gonna keep playing on my nl town and hopefully not get bored in like 12 years.

I've been longing for Animal Crossing in HD since they made that Animal Crossing Plaza app on Wii U (which is gone now), so I'm sure I'd feel giddy as soon as they announced a main AC game for the Switch and would definitely jump on to play it right away.

Can't see them cutting the wifi for a long time yet. And the switch isn't going to replace the Nintendo
I'm not going to be buying one, unless I find out they're absolutely amazing, made that mistake with the Wii u
So I'll still be playing with my new leaf town for a long time to come yet. Much prefer AC on a proper portable

I think the Switch and 3DS use the same network, even though you have to pay for online play on the Switch (the PS3 and PS4 used the same network yet you had to pay for online on PS4 so it could work). In that case, I doubt they will shut down the wifi for a VERY long time. Also, the reason why wifi shut down for Wii and Ds was not because of Nintendo, but because of the company that hosted the servers (GameSpy) went bankrupt.

I've been longing for Animal Crossing in HD since they made that Animal Crossing Plaza app on Wii U (which is gone now), so I'm sure I'd feel giddy as soon as they announced a main AC game for the Switch and would definitely jump on to play it right away.

Finally, a post that isn't "I'll stick to New Leaf because I think the Switch will flop". I mean, even if the Switch will flop I still doubt that the game would be bad. And I don't get this "oh I'd rather play on a handheld" thing since the Switch is both a handheld and a console. If it bothers them that much, then why don't they just use the Switch as a handheld?

I just now got a wii lol, I doubt i'll be getting the switch right away ~ So new leaf is staying :p!

Plan get a Wiiu eventually though.

Back