• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What will you do with your NL town if there's an AC for the Switch?

If it's on the switch I will definitely keep my NL towns going, bc *if* we get one I'm never taking that thing out of the house, not with that price tag. So I'll want a portable AC. If the next AC is 3DS then I am not so sure I will stay active in my NL town. I'll keep it and check in though -- I still have all my old towns and check on them now and then (2x GC, 1 x WW, 1 X CF)

I think I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I don't think there is an Animal Crossing game even in development yet for the Switch is there?

When I remember how long New Leaf took to come out I am not expecting anything any time soon. Unless it is just another spin off in which case I will stick to New Leaf.

There most definitely is, but we won't hear anything about it until at least E3 this year, or sooner depending on if they hold a direct for the mobile game. AC may have missed the Wii U but Nintendo tackled that console very differently than they are the Switch, so it's almost a sure thing. Plus they know how well Animal Crossing does on portable consoles, so it's pretty much a sure thing.

As for my town, I'll be leaving it behind. It'll become another page in my villagers history as he moves from town to town, improving the lives of the villagers and social status of said town.

I have every AC although dont own every console...
Just want it as an Collectible :p

But probably going to buy the switch with Zelda!

If it's on the switch I will definitely keep my NL towns going, bc *if* we get one I'm never taking that thing out of the house, not with that price tag. So I'll want a portable AC. If the next AC is 3DS then I am not so sure I will stay active in my NL town. I'll keep it and check in though -- I still have all my old towns and check on them now and then (2x GC, 1 x WW, 1 X CF)

You can be certain that any new AC will not be 3DS. Nintendo will push Switch as hard as they can and they certainly don't want to repeat the Wii U experience. Bet on them doing more of the Amiibo type offshoots since they are obviously making a bundle with them now.

im really hoping we'll be able to switch our data from ACNL to the new game. so we can keep playing but just with new features and graphics. but thats super unlikely so the next option is to just abandon. i mean it wouldn't make sense if theres a new game out there and to keep checking in and dwelling on an old town, it just doesnt make sense.

I'll buy the AC switch, but will still play the 3DS version to try to get old friends to register my FC (Or however you get people to be your friends on the switch) on the Switch, just like I do when I try to get old friends on my old 3DS consoles.

Hmm, when Animal Crossing does come out to Switch, I'll probably just stop playing New Leaf altogether. With 2 developed towns, I really don't want to get overwhelmed with maintaining them while playing AC Switch, so I'll just abandon them after uploading their dream addresses. And besides, I'm ready for a new game at this point. c:

Considering I've mostly abandoned my New Leaf town already, I can't imagine anything changing with that there other than a few peeks when I get bored. Really hoping for a real Animal Crossing game on Switch, I've been longing for a console experience again. Hopefully with Nintendo pushing the Home/Portable console angle it hits all the sweet spots everyone likes. Obviously the one downside is having to pay for Animal Crossing online, but to be honest I've never done much online in AC besides turnip selling and a few island games when the games were actually fun.

I have a feeling all those amiibo cards are going to be used in something on the Switch, it seems likely anyway.

I have some high hopes for a new AC on the Switch! HOWEVER, I think it would be a long way off. They JUST added a huge update to NL, which basically added just as much as a new game would have, so I'd say that a new AC game will probably be at least a couple years after the console's release, and that's just at the minimum.

I do think that a new installment on the switch will happen at some point, but probably not for a while. Which is probably for the best since Nintendo needs to smooth over a lot of the current issues with the switch. Honestly I think they should delay the release a bit more to make those minor improvements and have the launch title lineup be a bit more substantial.

#bringbackmeowandbowACswitch

The only thing I was even slightly impressed with in the trailer was the HD rumble, and the new Super Mario looked well put together, but it's just a Mario game. That's not enough to make me go anywhere near it. Considering they're making the same mistake and selling it at the Wii U's selling price of $300... *shiver* (I got my Wii U on a good deal for $317 on a pre-Black Friday sale with Mario Kart and its DLC pre-installed. Normally it was $350. And I waited a few years for a price drop, too.)

I was already shaking my head when I saw the Switch's price. There was no selling point for me. There was no Donkey Kong, MK8 Deluxe was just a rehash with still no Diddy or Dixie *ahem* (Pardon, I do get rather cross when the legends beneath Dave Wise's masterpieces are not remembered, plain ignored, or fail to be show-cased via Nintendo. This is an ongoing thing for them. And the reason why I won't put my hands on the newest Smash. I expected that if they went all the way out there with K Rool and Geno costumes. C'mon.)

I saw no real improvement in graphics with the Switch, sure they've got 3rd Party developers which is nice, but what scared me is that they said 'it had inherited DNA from all previous Nintendo consoles.' That got me thinking. Is this going to be the last running console for Nintendo for a while? Are they just going to continue making games for the Switch for a good long run like the Wii, or just indefinitely, since there's a decline in console gaming, and focus on the Switch/3DS/Mobile market and app development? Will this mean a new direction for them altogether?

And to add, I indeed, did think that 'Arms' was a very silly and
underwhelming name for the game they developed.

Does anyone know what the maximum range for the Switch being away from its port will be? Doesn't it have some connectivity limit?

And like other people, I will not even think about paying for online interactivity. Nope Nintendo. You had us at Amiibo. Do us all a favor and stop squeezing. And for the love of all that is good, please make some sort of feature that allows amiibo to ping after a certain amount of time. Maybe it's a setting we can work out with Isabelle before we start up. Wisp. I don't care. It's becoming an issue for many people.

Last edited:
I'll keep up with my New Leaf town because the switch looks SUPER gimmicky as usual for Nintendo. I have a feeling that if we do get a new Animal Crossing game it'll be similar to City Folk in the way that it won't be that different from the handheld version. Since we just got a big update I doubt the game will be much different or we're gonna have to wait an eternity for release.

If there's a new Animal Crossing game for the Switch, I'll probably just keep on playing my New Leaf game. It's been about 12 years since Wild World came out and I still play it so this time around won't be any different with the hypothetical Switch AC.

Well I'll just be sticking with NL and hoping the community doesn't disappear completely. I can't justify $470 (plus I hear it will be extra for online gaming ugh) for a gaming console just to play AC... I already did that with my DS to play NL, but at least that was a fraction of the cost!

Most likely, as of this moment at least, I'd continue playing in my New Leaf towns because there's so much to do and I put a lot of effort into getting specific villagers/rare furniture/etc.

I'm not sold on the Switch at the moment for numerous reasons. Among those reasons:

- I'm not happy with the online subscription and requirement to use a smart device, which I don't have, to play with other people and use voice chat.

- Nothing other than Fire Emblem Warriors so far would interest me among their announced lineup, and even that can go badly if they handle it as poorly as I figure they will.

- While I enjoyed the Wii U and had good experiences playing with friends, it's hard not to feel burned after buying a console that initially looks promising then fails to deliver. The Switch doesn't even seem as promising as the Wii U was and it seems like few are actually all that happy with the Switch so far.

If, somehow, I end up getting a Switch despite all of these issues then we'll have to see what the game offers. I can't speak to a game I don't know anything about yet. Suffice it to say that I'm happy enough with New Leaf that I'd probably still play it as I am now. While I enjoy Animal Crossing, I'm not such a diehard fan that I'd feel the need to buy this new Switch game.

Last edited:
I played acww (my first ac game) until accf came out and whatever I thought I would do, what I did do, was drop acww and go immediately to accf. I couldn't play both (no time), so accf it was.

I would guess the same thing will happen with me again - if a mainstream ac game comes out for the Switch, I'll switch to it.

From what I've read, and despite what Nintendo say, to me it looks as if the Switch will be a good handheld with the ability to also play the game on a large screen; but an average sort of main console. Its very expensive here in the UK, especially if you add on any of the extras & payment for online play.

Sadly I've read that the Switch will not have streetpass (or Miiverse) - which was an exciting element for me in acnl - in the 1st year of release if I travelled to busy towns I got lots of streetpasses, loved it. Maybe there will be a replacement similar to streetpass.

I've heard that they may release the gamecube version of ac for the Switch - not sure I would go for that. And is there still going to be a mobile version of ac and how will that tie in - presumably with the Switch rather than the 3ds.

Edit: In the meantime, I'm happily playing acnl, albeit I'm not getting any streetpasses nor any DLC. (no DLC at all in the UK, & presumably also so in Europe & Australia).

Last edited:
It's such a pain when you know you probably wouldn't buy the Switch unless they make a new Animal Crossing for it.

;~;

Otherwise I'd probably skip out on it.

I doubt I'll even buy the switch, so I won't do anything different; I'll keep playing ACNL. :lemon:

I'm most likely going to stay with my towns until I finish them (nowhere near done). I'm also not a fan of the paid subscription so I'll be sticking with new leaf for a while.

Back