What will you do with your NL town if there's an AC for the Switch?

Holly...

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0581-4952-7801
Pear (Fruit)
Leif
*Apologies if this is in the wrong section or has been asked before*

I am crazy-attached to my town and I've worked so hard on it, I simply cannot imagine giving it all up when / if the new version comes out. But in all honesty, I feel as if the new game will have so many exciting new features that it'll end up getting abandoned, the same as my towns in Wild World and City Folk.

What will you do?

I think I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I don't think there is an Animal Crossing game even in development yet for the Switch is there?

When I remember how long New Leaf took to come out I am not expecting anything any time soon. Unless it is just another spin off in which case I will stick to New Leaf.

ahhh idk,, i don't think ill be able to get the switch for a while, so im not really thinking about it much. i'd probably work on finishing my acnl town then switch over (no pun intended...) to the new one, and just check back sometimes

I think if that were ever to happen, I would buy the game immediately, but just not play it until I am completely done with my town. Then I'll move on to the new game. I would still probably revisit my New Leaf town every now and then just to reminisce about the good ol' days, and maybe even renovate the place. But if there is a new AC game that has way more features than New Leaf, I don't think I would mind moving on once I'm done with my NL town.

I'll buy a Switch just for a non-spinoff Animal Crossing game, even if the console turns out to be a failure unless the game is bad. I will still play my New Leaf town almost every day (just like how I still play my New Leaf town and second GCN town every day) though I would probably have to give up my GCN towns (or at least only play them once a week).

I'd probably let my NL town go, but it depends on how Nintendo handles the online features of AC on the Switch, since online is confirmed paid subscription. If Nintendo actually makes it worth it, then I'll consider it but for the time being it has nothing going for it. I guess I'd still start a new town because I've been itching for a fresh start that doesn't involve restarting my NL town or buying another copy of the game. I'd miss online interactions terribly though.

Nuh-uh! I don't like the switch! I ain't paying $470 for a system that doesn't live up to expectations and is just over-hyped! plus its highly unlikely a new game for the switch will come out! I honestly think its going to crash later down the road, and since the same people who develop Animal Crossing just released Splatoon 2 for it once and IF they get down to it I expect the switch to be tossed aside by then, and they'd be mad to release a game on a dying system!

I'll go straight to Animal Crossing Switch but I'll probably keep my New Leaf town and check from time to time if someone is moving out just like what I'm doing right now with my first town.

I hope, that if a new AC game comes out, it can be played in the 3DS/N3DS. I did have ACCF but no longer have my Wii, and the 3DS/N3DS is the only thing I have. That being said, if a new AC comes out for the 3DS, I would jump on the chance to play it, but hold my ACNL game close to my heart forever. I love my town there.

I hope, that if a new AC game comes out, it can be played in the 3DS/N3DS. I did have ACCF but no longer have my Wii, and the 3DS/N3DS is the only thing I have. That being said, if a new AC comes out for the 3DS, I would jump on the chance to play it, but hold my ACNL game close to my heart forever. I love my town there.

Oh yeah, maybe they will release it on 3DS as well if they create a new one? the N3DS isn't that old after all.

When NL came out, I still played my CF town but did eventually taper off. The same thing will probably happen if/when there's an AC game for the Switch. Hopefully, there will be some connectivity between the 3DS & the Switch.

I don't even know if I'm going to buy a Switch or not. If I do, it probably won't be until it's out for a year or two. And if I do buy a Switch, I don't know if I'll buy an AC game on it.

So yeah... everything's up in the air for me. I can't decide right now.

Considering that you have to pay to play online and when AC Switch comes out that feature will be available i think i still buy the game and visit my NL Town one day per week, maybe...

Last edited:
I've spent too many hours on my town to just abandon it. It's become a part of me T_T When a new Animal Crossing game comes out, not only will I definitely be buying a Nintendo Switch, but I'll also be checking in on Jasoom every now and then. I've grown too attached and in love with my town to just leave it behind and let it be forgotten about.

I'm sure I'll play a new Animal Crossing game, but I'm crazy attached to at least two of my NL towns, and have zero plans to give them up. Ever.

I'm still not sure if I'll be buying a Switch but if I do, knowing me, I'll probably drop New Leaf. As great as it'd be to be able to play it side by side with the new title, I don't think I'd be able to maintain interest in it in the excitement of a new AC. But who knows? I'm nowhere near to being done with New Leaf so maybe I'd be able to stay into it to some extent.

The Switch looks like a failure already so I'm hoping there won't be a new AC game for a while for it. I really don't wanna buy a Switch. ^^;

I'll wait and see. There's no guarantee that a new AC will ever exist but, if it does appear, it will definitely get a hard look. What I've seen of the Switch doesn't thrill me in the slightest. When "one size fits all" is promoted, it always ends up not fitting anyone. I'll wait since I have a Wii and a WiiU that have only been used long enough to verify that they work. I don't have a Secret Storage addition IRL to store more crap.

I'll wait and see. There's no guarantee that a new AC will ever exist but, if it does appear, it will definitely get a hard look. What I've seen of the Switch doesn't thrill me in the slightest. When "one size fits all" is promoted, it always ends up not fitting anyone. I'll wait since I have a Wii and a WiiU that have only been used long enough to verify that they work. I don't have a Secret Storage addition IRL to store more crap.

I agree with you. I don't wanna spend $450 on a system, plus whatever the online play will cost JUST to play Animal Crossing. I am selfishly praying for another spinoff. XP I have money but I can't justify that price for ONE game. None of Nintendo's franchises really thrill me anymore besides Animal Crossing so I'm screwed. XP It's a sucky choice.

The Switch CAN be good. It has potential!! But when Nintendo wastes their time on games like Arms or 1-2 Switch, it becomes pointless. Even Wii Sports was more fun. I think Nintendo is confused as to who their audience is lmao.

Back