• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Questions about house transferring to NL.

Bubblebeam

Liquor is quicker.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mailbox
Tasty Cake
I've read if you scan an amiibo and your 3DS detects you own said villager and HHD, their house you designed will transfer over. Is this true? What exactly transfers over? Is the exterior design included (not the garden, but the roof choice for example)? What happens to homes with multiple rooms? I'm assuming only the immediate room is copied, but what if it's larger than New Leaf rooms? Basically, how does the whole thing work? I'm finding no concrete answers on this since the update.

You can't transfer anything from HHD.

There's an option on the main menu of New Leaf-post update that says "Link HHD Data". All it does is check to see if you have HHD save data. It does not read it, just checks to see if you have it. If you do, it'll unlock the giant furniture in your Nookling's shop in New Leaf (giant ant, giant cake, etc) so you can order it, as well as sending you a letter to each of your characters with the Nook's Homes Model attached.

That is all that you can do with the HHD save data in New Leaf.

Sucks. This was one of the main reasons I even purchased HHD as I'd read it in multiple places.

Sucks. This was one of the main reasons I even purchased HHD as I'd read it in multiple places.

Not gonna lie, I read this too so I dunno where they got that information from. :/

This was a helpful thread.

I had the impression that we could transfer our houses (or our client's houses) in-game!

At least it is helpful in providing the names of furniture that we may have never seen so we can seek them out.

:(

Last edited:
Back