• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fire Emblem Warriors General Discussion

Details of the DLC have been revealed on the Austalian eShop including the characters in each pack, maps, challenges, ect.

From the Fire Emblem Fates DLC, the playable characters included are Azura, Niles and Oboro

From the Shadow Dragon DLC, the playable characters include Minerva, Navarre and Linde

From the Awakening DLC, the playable characters include Tharja, Owain and Olivia.

Kinda dissapointed with some of the characters. Navarre, Niles, Oboro and Owain are already in the game...

The DLC sure doesn't inspire much hope, especially since characters like Owain and Oboro are 'already there'. It would have been a lot more welcome if they gave it the Hyrule Warriors treatment with the Non-Playable bosses/ side characters becoming playable.

The game has been just as enjoyable as expected so far, but aside from the technical side of things, it sure doesn't hold a candle to love Hyrule Warriors was given in content. I echo the thoughts on it feeling kind of empty in comparison though.

Details of the DLC have been revealed on the Austalian eShop including the characters in each pack, maps, challenges, ect.

From the Fire Emblem Fates DLC, the playable characters included are Azura, Niles and Oboro

From the Shadow Dragon DLC, the playable characters include Minerva, Navarre and Linde

From the Awakening DLC, the playable characters include Tharja, Owain and Olivia.

Kinda dissapointed with some of the characters. Navarre, Niles, Oboro and Owain are already in the game...

Owain is a dlc character when I already found him in the story? That does seem dumb. I'll probably end up getting the Fates one just to be Niles though. I was hoping for some playable villians as dlc.

On one hand I kinda like the weapon triangle, but on the other hand the overabundance of sword units makes it feel like youre forced to bench a sword unit you like in favor of a lance/axe unit you dont care for just to have a weapon advantage.

Just as a note, you may want to use Ryoma, Chrom, Robin, and Camilla while paired up with someone else as often as you can. The skills they give are probably the best 4 in the game.

Ryoma gives Astra (which makes you attack faster, these types of skills are always busted beyond comprehension in Warriors games, you ABSOLUTELY want this on as many units as possible). Chrom gives Luna (has a chance of lowering an opponent's Def and Res based on your luck stat. The units with higher luck also have their offensive stats a tad lower compared to other units so this is a must on them, but it's pretty handy on just about everyone). Camilla gives Trample (increases damage against unmounted units. So you know, basically 95% of the enemies you'll fight. If you want some fun gimmicks you can pair this with the horse and flier slaying weapon skills to deal increased damage to literally everything in the game lol). Robin gives Solidarity (increases damage while paired up. There's almost never a time that you shouldn't be paired up, so it's just more bonus damage). You'll thank yourself later after grinding a bit for these skills.

And from playing the later maps, Armored Blow from Tiki is looking like a solid option as well (makes you immune to knockback). Potent Potion from Rowan is also neat if you want to turn any unit into a pseudo-healer. The rest of the skills in the game are pretty unremarkable, but the DLC characters could have some new and fun skills.

Anyways I unlocked all of the characters today, now to work on getting these weapon scrolls.
On one hand I kinda like the weapon triangle, but on the other hand the overabundance of sword units makes it feel like youre forced to bench a sword unit you like in favor of a lance/axe unit you dont care for just to have a weapon advantage.
Later in the game you get Reaver weapons which reverse the weapon triangle. So giving some sword units a Lancereaver could be a great option to consider. Not really sure if the Axereavers are worth it, but Swordreavers could be interesting for axe units since they tend to have nice offensive stats, something the pegasus knights sorta lack.

Is there a way to check what weapon skills do in the camp/ convoy without pretending to put them onto a different weapon? I keep forgetting what they do so I never know what is a good weapon to equip.

Also, have you ever had Lissa as the host in the shop? It is so funny to upgrade your attack and defense when she is there because she says "Wahoooo!" every time. lol

Is there a way to check what weapon skills do in the camp/ convoy without pretending to put them onto a different weapon? I keep forgetting what they do so I never know what is a good weapon to equip.

You can go to Convoy -> Whatever character -> Status -> Check weapon to see the skills on their equipped weapon, but the way you mentioned is the only way to check skills on unequipped weapons.
There's a list of the weapon skills here though among other things, click the Weapon Attributes tab at the top to see it.

grinded through a bunch of maps just to get anna's scrolls only to find out her stage is lvl 80 and im like lvl 55 at most

one thing i've really liked about fe:w compared to the other warriors games i've played is the little micro-managing aspect of it, it's probably a little annoying in splitscreen tho

grinded through a bunch of maps just to get anna's scrolls only to find out her stage is lvl 80 and im like lvl 55 at most

one thing i've really liked about fe:w compared to the other warriors games i've played is the little micro-managing aspect of it, it's probably a little annoying in splitscreen tho

So it looks like the Fates DLC is out, Oboro and Azura look like they'd be pretty fun, but holy **** they made Niles a clone what the ****. I get that the characters aren't purchased individually, but it's pretty off-putting that they decided to make Niles a clone when there are already three in the base game.

The biggest concern now is whether this trend is gonna apply to the remaining DLC packs. Is Owain gonna be a clone since his AI version already copies Ryoma? Maybe Minerva is just gonna be a Camilla clone?

Back