• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fire Emblem Warriors General Discussion

Cress

Pear 🍐
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2396-9345-5408
Moon Ball
Mint
Ancient Lantern
Green Candy
Blue Candy
Fire-Emblem-Warriors_2017_06-13-17_024.jpg_600.jpg

The game is out now go buy it or smth
some animu twins have a mom but then she dies to a dragon (such unique stori) so they waste their entire life savings on orbs in Fire Emblem Heroes to summon heroes irl. After an endless stream of Bartres, Ests, and Henrys (don't forget all of the useless healers as well!), they finally get their 5 star Chrom, Ryoma, Marth, and F!Corrin, plus they pick up Xander from that 1 time you could battle him. Not a balanced team but the animu twins don't care and go adventure out to kill the dragon or smth the end
January 2017 trailer:
E3 2017 Trailer:
E3 Gameplay:
Warriors' Awakening Trailer:
Gamescon 2017 Trailer:
Awakening Warriors Trailer:
Hoshidan Warriors Trailer:
Nohrian Warriors Trailer:
September Direct/Lyn Trailer:
TGS 2017 Trailer:

Honestly we can't say much until the Direct tomorrow but I'll make this now anyways.

So who do you think will be in the game? Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander are all confirmed for the most part from the teaser on the Switch stream, but who else beyond that? I found a list of someone's predictions on Serenes Forest and I think it has a nice mix of characters for the base game (because DLC will be a thing without a doubt).​
Akaneia/Ylisse:

Marth
Caeda
Chrom
Lucina
Robin
Tiki

Jugdral:
Seliph - No Sigurd because 1) I ran out of room and 2) Seliph was prioritized in Awakening.
Leif

Elibe:
Roy
Lyn - I think Lyn is the most likely of the three FE7 lords due to Smash presence and general popularity including her being prioritized in Awakening.
Nergal

Tellius:
Ike
Micaiah
Black Knight

Fates:
Corrin
Azura
Xander
Ryoma - These two because of their swords appearing in the teaser.
Garon

Other:
Anna
An original character

Last edited:
Hmmm for some reason I think that the direct won't have any Warriors news in it... I hope it does but I feel like it'll be a new main series game that they will talk about.

I think given the fact that all KT could muster up for the Switch stream was a small teaser, I doubt we'll get to see anything significant from Warriors in this direct. I hope I'm wrong, but at this point I'm just expecting a short look at a couple of playable characters.

I'm interested in seeing the FE app that is apparently a thing. Hopefully they talk about that during the direct!

Do you guys think FE Warriors will be the same thing as Hyrule Warriors?

It'll be the same basic hack'n slash formula like all the other Warriors titles from Koei Tecmo, yeah. I'm sure there'll be something unique about it to give it a little Fire Emblem flair to it, though.

I think given the fact that all KT could muster up for the Switch stream was a small teaser, I doubt we'll get to see anything significant from Warriors in this direct. I hope I'm wrong, but at this point I'm just expecting a short look at a couple of playable characters.

Even when I'm right, I'm wrong. I knew we weren't gonna get much about Warriors but damn that was underwhelming.

But Echoes has some really nice art and Heroes looks alright.

ALSO THEY'RE DOING THAT DAMN THING WITH THE MUSIC AGAIN WHERE THEY DROWN GOOD SOUNDTRACKS IN GUITAR, CUT IT OUT KOEI

Last edited:
Prior to the Fire Emblem Direct, my expectations for Fire Emblem Warriors were, unsurprising to anyone who has ever seen me talk about the current state of the Fire Emblem on these forums, quite low. The initial trailer just features a bunch of Awakening and Fates swords and Marth's Falchion, and only showed Chrom as a playable character, so it is easy to come to the conclusion that this game will primarily revolve around characters from Awakening, Fates, and Marth's games.

I still feel like that will be the case because I am a pessimist, but the newly unveiled existence of Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia gives me the slightest bit of cautious optimism that we will see representatives from the other 8 games.

As far as who I feel would be good characters to choose from, I think any even distribution of the following would be good. obviously I don't expect all, or even most of them, but I'm just thinking of the ones that stand out the most among their peers. I've italicized and made bold the ones I would most expect to show up.

Archanea (Shadow Dragon & Mystery of the Emblem)
Marth (confirmed)
Caeda
Camus
Jagen
Katarina
Navarre
Minerva
Merric
Nyna
Ogma
Anna
Tiki
Hardin
Gharnef

Valentia (Gaiden/Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
Alm
Celica
Boey
Catria, Est, Palla (palette swaps, maybe?)
Clair
Mycen
Qulyf
Valbar

Jugdral (Genealogy of the Holy War & Thracia 776)

1st Generation
Sigurd
Deirdre
Ayra
Briggid
Ethlyn
Jamke
Lewyn
Quan
Eldigan
Arvis

2nd Generation
Seliph
Julia
Leif
Nanna
Mareeta
Sara
Ishtar
Julius

Elibe (Binding Blade & Blazing Sword)

Binding Blade
Roy
Lilina
Zephiel

Blazing Sword
Eliwood
Hector
Lyn
Athos
Legault
Jaffar
Sain
Serra
Limstella
Nergal

Magvel (The Sacred Stones)
Ephraim
Eirika
Seth
Cormag
Joshua
L'Arachel
Lute
Marisa
Myrrh
Saleh
Valter
Lyon

Tellius (Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn)

Path of Radiance
Ike
Soren
Titania
Gatrie
Shinon
Marcia
Mia
Jill
Haar
Elincia
Nephenee
Ranulf
Stefan
Volke
Petrine
The Black Knight
Ashnard

Radiant Dawn
Micaiah
Sothe
Sanaki
Naesala
Tibarn
Caineghis
Skrimir
Nailah
Dheginsea
Sephiran

Ylisse (Awakening)

1st Gen
Chrom (confirmed)
Robin
Basilio
Cordelia
Frederick
Flavia
Gaius
Kellam
Panne
Sumia
Tharja
Vaike
Aversa
Validar
Gangrel
Walhart

Children
Lucina
Cynthia
Inigo/Laslow
Severa/Selena
Owain/Odin

Hoshido & Nohr (Fates)
Corrin (confirmed)
Ryoma (confirmed)
Xander (confirmed)
Azura
Camilla
Peri (solely based on design)

I didn't buy Fates after being disappointed with Awakening, so I don't know who else they'd add from Fates.

Archenea
Marth (confirmed)
Caeda (maybe, I don't know if they'll use flying units)
Bord and/or Cord (maybe palette swaps, because they were in TMS#FE)
Cain and/or Abel (maybe palette swaps, because they were in TMS#FE)
Catria, Est, and/or Palla (maybe palette swaps, if flying units are included)
Draug (because he was in TMS#FE)
Gordin (because he was in TMS#FE)
Jagen (because he was in TMS#FE)
Linde (because she was in TMS#FE)
Merric
Navarre (because he was in TMS#FE and featured in the Heroes trailer)
Ogma (because he was in TMS#FE)
Anna (because she's in Awakening, and nearly every other game)
Tiki (because she's in Awakening and TMS#FE too)
Gharnef (maybe, because villain)

Ylisse
Robin
Chrom (confirmed)
Lucina
Basilio
Cordelia (if flying units are included)
Donnel (popularity)
Flavia
Frederick (popularity)
Gaius (popularity)
Gregor (honestly just because the unique accent would stand out)
Henry
Kellam
Lon'qu (was in TMS#FE and featured in the Heroes trailer)
Nowi
Panne
Olivia
Sumia (if flying units are included)
Tharja (massive popularity, also in TMS#FE, no-brainer)
Vaike
Virion (also in TMS#FE)
Severa (popualrity)
Owain (popularity)
Inigo (popularity)
Aversa (if flying is included, because villain, in TMS#FE)
Excellus (maybe, because villain)
Gangrel (maybe, because villain)
Validar (maybe, because villain)
Walhart (maybe, because villain)
Old Hubba (so a part of my soul can die)

Hoshido & Nohr
Corrin (confirmed)
Xander (confirmed)
Ryoma (confirmed)
Azura
Camilla
Garon (maybe, because villain)
Others (Again, I didn't bother with Fates so I don't know.)

DLC

Path of Radiance & Radiant Dawn
Ike
Elincia (if flying units are included)
Micaiah
Sothe
The Black Knight
Oliver (if Excellus is in)
Ashnard (maybe, because villain) (if flying units are included)

Blazing Sword
Lyn (most likely)
Hector
Eliwood
Nergal

Binding Blade
Roy
Lilina
Zephiel (maybe, because villain)

Gaiden
Alm
Celica

Sacred Stones
Eirika
Ephraim

Genealogy of the Holy War
Sigurd
Seliph
Leif
Arvis (maybe, because villain)
Eldigan
Julius (maybe, because villain)

If I'm right that it is predominantly or entirely Archanea, Awakening, and Fates with a spattering of DLC from the other games then I have no intention of buying it. As much as I like the characters from the rest of the series, I don't want to have to pay for the game and then DLC on top of it since I didn't enjoy Awakening and didn't buy Fates.

If I'm wrong and it features a selection from the entire series on the main game with DLC, I will be more interested and tempted but I will have to see the entire roster before making a decision. Suffice it to say I won't be getting it at launch regardless.

Overall this game, despite not being a main series title, has a lot of potential that might or might not be realized. I look forward to viewing from afar what they have in store and, just maybe, playing it if it fits enough of my criteria.

Last edited:
I really liked Hyrule Warriors so Fire Emblem Warriors sounds like a cool idea to me. I just hope all of the fun characters aren't dlc again. I would like some playable bad guys like Validar and Gangrel.

Are there any new 3ds systems that aren't the 3ds xl size? I want the 3ds version but the xl just feels so big and not much like a handheld to me. It totally won't fit in any pockets my clothes have.

I really liked Hyrule Warriors so Fire Emblem Warriors sounds like a cool idea to me. I just hope all of the fun characters aren't dlc again. I would like some playable bad guys like Validar and Gangrel.

Are there any new 3ds systems that aren't the 3ds xl size? I want the 3ds version but the xl just feels so big and not much like a handheld to me. It totally won't fit in any pockets my clothes have.

None that are cheap. Pretty much have to pay scalpers for the regular NEW 3DS since Nintendo didn't release many systems because "we don't like our products sitting on shelves".

Warriors news was eh, though I'm kinda tired of the see more at E3 or later in the year stuff.

i really hope it isn't pay to win, i enjoy the fire emblem series and i want to see the app working out :/

i really hope it isn't pay to win, i enjoy the fire emblem series and i want to see the app working out :/
That's FE Heroes and as far as I know it's kind of tedious to earn the orbs but if you don't have the patience to grind you just buy them, so not necessarily.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never played a warriors game, and I was hoping that if we got an fe spin off it would be a Soul Calibur-esque fighting game. But it looks fun and knowing that the makers of Hyrule Warriors put in some random ass characters like Maron from Link's Awakening and Agitha I'm sure the cast of characters for this will be pretty diverse.

Just feel like typing this up, but these are for the most part the basic guidelines to creating a Warriors roster. So if any of you want to make good predictions, here ya go.
1. The first game in a new Warriors series doesn't have many characters, usually around 13-15. Of course DLC can change this easily (look at Hyrule Warriors going from just 13 characters, to over double that at the current 29), but for the base game, you shouldn't expect a Smash 4 sized roster.

2. Characters are chosen from importance, uniqueness, and if they are memorable. Popularity is rarely a factor. So basically the main characters are given free passes into the game (Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander were obvious choices even before showing their swords), otherwise the character will need to be an extreme oddball that could have a very interesting and fun moveset. And if you've even taken a small look at what characters were really wanted in Hyrule Warriors, you'd see that the roster decided by popularity is completely different from the roster we actually have for that game (no Groose, Linebeck, or Happy Mask Salesman, and Skull Kid was added much later as DLC, but because the developers wanted to, not because of his popularity). Also the original Pirate Warriors only had the Straw Hats, Hanckock, Jinbei, Ace, and Whitebeard. Law is a SUPER popular character, but he wasn't added until the second game (maybe because he has a sword and he would've been too similar to Zoro?). So basically I wouldn't expect any of the children from Awakening or Fates besides Lucina because she had a role in the story, but I wouldn't say she's guaranteed in because...

3. Clones are not a thing. The only exceptions are characters being a clone of themself. The only "clone" in Hyrule Warriors was Link, and he was a clone of... Link. The same Link too, not Young or Toon Link. The Hylian and Master Swords both had identical movesets (although the Master Sword is the flat-out better option in every situation and you don't have to do that much in the game to get it). In Pirate Warriors 2 and 3, the Straw Hats all have 2 movesets that are very similar; their old movesets from the first game, and their newer movesets introduced in 2. Other than that, every character is completely different in terms of their moveset and appearance. Lucina would have a moveset EXTREMELY similar to Chrom's, and since he's already confirmed, she's a questionable pick. That also means you shouldn't expect both Inigo and Severa. 2 child units that are both from Awakening and that are both Mercenaries and that both returned in Fates? Yeah... no. Also kind of related but having an entirely different character as an outfit for someone isn't really a thing done in the game either (so like Alph being an outfit for Olimar in Smash 4). The only exception I could see for this is having a male and female option for Robin and Corrin, but even then it's still the same character. The closest you'll get is the character's default outfit colored similarly to the character they're referencing (like all of Lucina's outfits in Smash 4 referencing a different female character in Awakening).

4. Villain characters are very limited and most of the time aren't even playable until later games/DLC adds them in. Pirate Warriors? No villains in the first game. Hyrule Warriors? Ganondorf was originally the only one until DLC. So expect the majority of it to be good guys.
Of course FE Warriors could be the exception to any of these trends but since the first Warriors game is reaching it's 20th anniversary in about a month and there's been more than enough games from then to now to follow these trends, I'd say it's unlikely.

I've never cared for Fire Emblem, but I loved Hyrule Warriors, so I'll definitely consider picking this up. The only thing hindering me is DLC. Hyrule Warriors had great DLC, and I'll happily say that the DLC for Hyrule Warriors is 100% worth it for the price it's at. The DLC adds so much content to the game for what it's worth - and that's where my issue lies. I love Zelda, but I don't love Fire Emblem. Not sure if I'm willing to drop $20 for DLC on a franchise I don't really care about. I know the gameplay will be the same, but still... The good part about the HW DLC was seeing what they added from that gamepack - I've never played a FE game so what they add the gamepack DLC I won't be like "hey I remember this from X game".

Probably will end up picking it up tho.

Just feel like typing this up, but these are for the most part the basic guidelines to creating a Warriors roster. So if any of you want to make good predictions, here ya go.
1. The first game in a new Warriors series doesn't have many characters, usually around 13-15. Of course DLC can change this easily (look at Hyrule Warriors going from just 13 characters, to over double that at the current 29), but for the base game, you shouldn't expect a Smash 4 sized roster.

2. Characters are chosen from importance, uniqueness, and if they are memorable. Popularity is rarely a factor. So basically the main characters are given free passes into the game (Marth, Chrom, Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander were obvious choices even before showing their swords), otherwise the character will need to be an extreme oddball that could have a very interesting and fun moveset. And if you've even taken a small look at what characters were really wanted in Hyrule Warriors, you'd see that the roster decided by popularity is completely different from the roster we actually have for that game (no Groose, Linebeck, or Happy Mask Salesman, and Skull Kid was added much later as DLC, but because the developers wanted to, not because of his popularity). Also the original Pirate Warriors only had the Straw Hats, Hanckock, Jinbei, Ace, and Whitebeard. Law is a SUPER popular character, but he wasn't added until the second game (maybe because he has a sword and he would've been too similar to Zoro?). So basically I wouldn't expect any of the children from Awakening or Fates besides Lucina because she had a role in the story, but I wouldn't say she's guaranteed in because...

3. Clones are not a thing. The only exceptions are characters being a clone of themself. The only "clone" in Hyrule Warriors was Link, and he was a clone of... Link. The same Link too, not Young or Toon Link. The Hylian and Master Swords both had identical movesets (although the Master Sword is the flat-out better option in every situation and you don't have to do that much in the game to get it). In Pirate Warriors 2 and 3, the Straw Hats all have 2 movesets that are very similar; their old movesets from the first game, and their newer movesets introduced in 2. Other than that, every character is completely different in terms of their moveset and appearance. Lucina would have a moveset EXTREMELY similar to Chrom's, and since he's already confirmed, she's a questionable pick. That also means you shouldn't expect both Inigo and Severa. 2 child units that are both from Awakening and that are both Mercenaries and that both returned in Fates? Yeah... no. Also kind of related but having an entirely different character as an outfit for someone isn't really a thing done in the game either (so like Alph being an outfit for Olimar in Smash 4). The only exception I could see for this is having a male and female option for Robin and Corrin, but even then it's still the same character. The closest you'll get is the character's default outfit colored similarly to the character they're referencing (like all of Lucina's outfits in Smash 4 referencing a different female character in Awakening).

4. Villain characters are very limited and most of the time aren't even playable until later games/DLC adds them in. Pirate Warriors? No villains in the first game. Hyrule Warriors? Ganondorf was originally the only one until DLC. So expect the majority of it to be good guys.
Of course FE Warriors could be the exception to any of these trends but since the first Warriors game is reaching it's 20th anniversary in about a month and there's been more than enough games from then to now to follow these trends, I'd say it's unlikely.

Well then. This looks like it's going to be a whole lot less interesting and have less potential then I first figured.

Most likely
Marth (confirmed)
Chrom (confirmed)
Lucina (I explain why later)
Robin (popularity, has potential unique moveset shown in Smash Bros.)
Corrin (confirmed)
Ryoma (confirmed)
Xander (confirmed)

Potential
Alm (FE 2/Shadows of Valentia representative Lord)
Celica (FE 2/Shadows of Valentia representative Lord)
Seliph (FE 4 representative Lord, used more prominantly in advertisements than his father Sigurd)
Leif (FE 5 representative Lord)
Roy (FE 6 representative Lord, popular due to Smash Bros.)
Lyn (FE7 representative Lord, most popular FE7 lord thanks to Smash Bros., unique playstyle)
Hector (both as an FE7 representative Lord and so we actually get an axe user)
Eirika (FE 8 representative Lord)
Ephraim (FE 8 representative Lord)
Ike (FE 9/10 representative Lord, one of the most beloved Lords in the series and has name recognition thanks to Smash Bros.)
Micaiah (FE 10 representative Lord)

Possible Villains
Gharnef (FE 1/3 and 11/12)
Hardin (FE 3 and 12)
Arvis (FE 4)
Julius (FE 4)
Zepheil (FE 6)
Nergal (FE 7)
Lyon (FE 8)
Ashnard (FE 9)
Oliver (FE 9, joke character, memorable, has a legit shot I think)
Gangrel (FE Awakening)
Validar (FE Awakening)
Walhart (FE Awakening)
Garon (FE Fates)

Basically listed all of the main human villains. I'd say strongest possibility is Gharnef. Walhart is memorable to newer fans so also a high contender, Arvis is a beloved villain as well so he'd be one of the likelier ones too.

Say what you will about popularity not being a factor, the recent history of the series has been primarily pandering. There are also less people interested in the series than there are when compared to titans like Zelda or One Piece. I'd be awestruck if Lucina isn't in considering how much they utilize her. If nothing else then I expect her to appear as DLC.

Last edited:
I wonder how they'll go about mounted classes. Hyrule Warriors already has Epona for Link so I'm sure someone like Xander wouldn't be a problem, but something like a Peg Knight or a Wyvern Lord would be pretty huge. Perhaps characters like Camilla or Hinoka will be on-foot for the most part with their mounts appearing in a similar fashion to Lana's summoning gate.

That also means you shouldn't expect both Inigo and Severa. 2 child units that are both from Awakening and that are both Mercenaries and that both returned in Fates? Yeah... no.

If they really wanted to add them both, they could always look at having one of them in a promoted class. Selena shows up in Fates as a Bow Knight, so that's something they could work with. And if not, I think I could trust Koei to make them unique enough. Barring the Smash Bros. characters, no one really has an established moveset so they'd be making it all from the ground up, anyway.

i hope kaze is in it qq i really like him and a ninja would be cool c:

That's FE Heroes and as far as I know it's kind of tedious to earn the orbs but if you don't have the patience to grind you just buy them, so not necessarily.

Oh, right. I forgot two games were coming out. Warriors is a fighting game, and heroes was the app. Oops.

But if we're talking about the fighting game, I'm actually really excited for it. I like FE games in general, and I think I'd buy even if the game sucked. Let's hope that it's good.

Last edited:
Finally some new info
Somehow they made OC's more bland than Alfonse and Sharena lel. I won't mind if they're fun to play as though, like Lana. The girl (I think?) is named Shion and I can't not read that as Shinon at least he's an archer and that'd be a nice change for this game.
The details they announced for the gameplay looks really great though, super excited to play this.

Last edited:
Horray for support conversations! They are one of the reasons I make bad strategic choices in Fire Emblem. It is like "This guy would be effective, but this guy would give me funny support I don't have yet." *chooses funny support and hope they don't die*

I wish they would say when it is coming out though. I am really excited for this game.

I wish they would say when it is coming out though. I am really excited for this game.
So far this game is mimicking Hyrule Warriors in almost every way. Announced in late December/early January, then have 0 announcements about it until June (E3), a Direct about it in August (but I could see FEW not getting one), with the game releasing a few days later in Japan, and late September for everyone else. But since the Switch doesn't have region lock I could see some kind of global release in late August or early September.

Random thing I forgot to mention earlier is that they said it'll be fully voiced, but there's a pretty high chance that it'll ONLY be voiced in Japanese, with no English voices. Since most of (well probably all thanks to Heroes) the characters have their own voice actors already in both languages hopefully we'll get both languages, but I'm turning off voices if it's Japanese only.

Back