• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

🌸 photoshop coloring 🌺 looking for feedback 🌸

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Froggy Easter Egg
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Lucky
White Lily
tumblr_mbecoq0m4g1roozkr.gif

One of my favorite things in life is photoshopping things. I do lots of different graphics, but in the past couple of years I've gotten really into digital coloring, and I wanted to share my art here ♥ (I would like to specify that none of the linearts were made by me, I'm nowhere near that good. I only did the colors.)

I would love to get some feedback on these, especially on my use of colors and my shading. I've learned different techniques and I try to use new things every time, but I definitely don't consider myself an expert, and I would love to get some advice.

The vignettes will lead you to my deviantart pages, where you can see the colored drawings in full and get a link back to the sources of the linearts. (When I color, the brightness on my screen is all the way up - if the colors look too dark on yours, that's probably why!) Vignettes aren't sorted by dates but by categories. The ones I am most proud of are the stained glasses with characters ♥

I've done all of these for myself, but I would definitely be open to doing requests, if anyone is interested. Only not too complicated linearts, as they take a loooot of time and are sometimes way too hard. And I'm making myself available for any questions anyone may have!

84.gif
link to my deviantart folder
94.gif

Thank you very much for checking out my thread ♥

tumblr_lwg3v1d0d71qbs47q.gif

tumblr_lwg3v1d0d71qbs47q.gif

Last edited:
bump! added two more - Fi from Skyward Sword, her normal colors and what I imagine she'd look like if she was evil.

I just finished a Zelda (Breath of the Wild) and I think she's now my favorite of all the colorings I did ;_; (it might be because she's Zelda, so I needed her to be extra perfect.) (I am a huuuge Zelda fan.) (I just can't wait for BOTW!)

here is the bigger version

kYqqGWi.png

Your digital coloring is beautiful! Your shading is amazing and they look great. Keep up the good work!

Amazing coloring and shading skills! I can't offer any critique/advice, but I can definitely offer appreciation, haha.
After looking at the original stained glass coloring pages and then comparing them to your finished versions, I'm blown away. I'm a huge fan of the colors you used and the effects you added to give an (amazing!!) extra texture. Your work is so very detailed *-*

Also, I got super nostalgic when I saw [this], omg. That's Alice from Pandora Hearts... which happens to be one of my favorite series, lol. I was surprised to see PH art on TBT! And your coloring is marvelous! Your sister must've loved it, haha. There's this amazing softness to the piece, and the bokeh was a great touch too. Seems like you're a master at including great touches!

Amazing coloring and shading skills! I can't offer any critique/advice, but I can definitely offer appreciation, haha.
After looking at the original stained glass coloring pages and then comparing them to your finished versions, I'm blown away. I'm a huge fan of the colors you used and the effects you added to give an (amazing!!) extra texture. Your work is so very detailed *-*

Also, I got super nostalgic when I saw [this], omg. That's Alice from Pandora Hearts... which happens to be one of my favorite series, lol. I was surprised to see PH art on TBT! And your coloring is marvelous! Your sister must've loved it, haha. There's this amazing softness to the piece, and the bokeh was a great touch too. Seems like you're a master at including great touches!

oh wow, this comment absolutely made my day (which is just starting, but, still)
what you said about my stained glasses colors made me so happy!! I try a lot of colors and textures before settling on a result, so I am so glad you noticed ♥
thank you for your kind words on the Alice piece as well - I am a perfectionist and I focus a lot on details, I'm really glad it shows ;_;
thanks again for your kind comment. Reading something like this is really encouraging ♥

"There's been an awakening. Have you felt it?"

O9WiNpQ.png

A couple of weeks ago I started creating this stained glass, I finished it last night and it's the piece I'm most proud of, also the one I put the most work into!
Using a template and The Force Awakens coloring pages I put it all together, I have to say I really love how it turned out. I tried new techniques and I had so much fun doing it!

This tiny version doesn't really do it justice,
so here is the bigger one, along with credits for the resources I used.

And here's what it looked like while I was working on it:

coloring and shading Rey, Finn and Kylo Ren:
XxeAB6Y.png

adding the backgrounds:
b6Qw9Sg.png

filling in the circles:
yPpQcyA.png

finished version, where I added details and textures:
O9WiNpQ.png

Wait, let's get something straight.

You colored these? Those aren't the real things? Jesus Christ you are so so good. I love them all so much. Especially the Elsas and Moana. You're def talented. Don't ever stop.

Wait, let's get something straight.

You colored these? Those aren't the real things? Jesus Christ you are so so good. I love them all so much. Especially the Elsas and Moana. You're def talented. Don't ever stop.

yep, me and my old friend photoshop :D
thank you so so much for your kind words! it really warms my heart to read this. ♥
They do take a lot of time and effort so I can go long periods of time without doing any, but stopping alltogether is not something I'm planning ;)
thanks again ♥

Back