• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you consider Napoleon Bonaparte to be evil?

He brought years of misery to people of Europe through warfare for his own benefactor. Does that classify him as evil?

I find it hard to have respect for anyone who starts warfare. I'm a very anti-war person.

He brought years of misery to people of Europe through warfare for his own benefactor. Does that classify him as evil?

I'll agree with this. He invaded other countries for the reason of trying to make an empire. People suffered as a result of those wars.

I dunno, was Alexander the Great evil? was Kublai Khan evil? how bout Cyrus the Great?

see, i ain't much of a historian, so i dont know all the ins and outs and wherewithalls of what Napoleon done.
but, i an't never heard about no genocide under Napoleon. aint heard bout no weapons of mass destruction. nor any wanton pillaging and such. so, well as unfortunate as it is, by modern standards, heck even by ancient standards, merely starting wars of conquest aint really enough to be evil is it?

No and he wasn't considered short. Maybe for now's standards but during his life he was not considered short. 5'6 is short for most men now

I consider him a patriot. A hero,maybe not. Not evil. But from what I've read he was a jerk to people close to him and had virtually no one at his side when he died

Last edited:
Back