• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Username Changes?

moonford

moon boi
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
I don't understand why they have to be so expensive, does it complicate things for the staff or what?
I've wanted to change my dumb username for ages.

"Thank you" my post if you've commented something that explains this or VM me, thank you.

Last edited:
You mean Username color change?
Yeah it's expensive.
I don't think they sell Username changes anymore

They will put the username changes back up soon but right now they're just fixing the system because some users found a way to glitch it and benefit from it.

So don't worry, they aren't gone permanently.

It's not complicated, but the high price is to discourage frivolous changes. When they're easy to change, folks tend to change them quite frequently without really thinking about it and it causes confusion around the forums when names are constantly changing. With the high price, it's more of an investment and not something to do on a whim because you just thought of a funny new name.

It's not complicated, but the high price is to discourage frivolous changes. When they're easy to change, folks tend to change them quite frequently without really thinking about it and it causes confusion around the forums when names are constantly changing. With the high price, it's more of an investment and not something to do on a whim because you just thought of a funny new name.

it still causes confusion though-- is there any way to have former names automatically displayed on userpages or something??

So it is complicated, as it confuses people around the forums.

Back