• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fire Emblem Direct on January 18th @ 5 PM ET

JCnator

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4227-4179-8894
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
New Horizons Token
New Leaf Token
Isabelle
Poptart Easter Egg
Winter Mittens
Cake
Surprised that I haven't seen any thread mentioning the soon arriving Fire Emblem Direct, especially when Fire Emblem Warriors was revealed during Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017.

So, the broadcast will be available on January 18th. Here are the times when you can watch:

• 2 PM PT
  • 5 PM ET
  • 10 PM in the UK
  • 11 PM in Europe

There's not much I could say about the Fire Emblem Direct right now. Nintendo's Japanese Twitter said that the mobile game will be revealed. Perhaps we will know more about the recently unveiled Fire Emblem Warriors.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/tomorrows-fire-emblem-direct-will-feature-multiple-titles/

There's a Fire Emblem app?? That'll be interesting to learn more about!

The Fire Emblem Direct came in, and here's what happened during the presentation:

OMG Fire Emblem Warriors! Yes!!! But why is it only for the new 3ds though? :( I don't want to buy another system for it.

I'm interested in giving the mobile game a shot. Glad it's free to download, here's hoping there are no glaring paywalls throughout the gameplay like what happened with Mario Run. I've never actually played any Fire Emblem games (except for maybe 30 minutes of Sacred Stones) so this could be a fun and free way to get familiar with the game mechanics. I liked what I saw, even though it looks pretty similar to a lot of mobile tactical RPGs. If I enjoy it enough then I'll probably get the new one on 3DS, along with the Celica amiibo.

The highlight of this Direct, for me, was Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I didn't expect it at all, and it honestly looks pretty good. If they don't add any of the unnecessary fanservice and pandering they've included in the past two games, or ruin things by adding marriage and children where they don't belong, and just do a more or less straight retelling of Fire Emblem Gaiden then it seems like a solid title that I'd be interested in purchasing. If nothing else, if the game doesn't live up to expectations, I'll probably still get the Alm and Celica amiibo just to add to the collection.

Some have surmised that the Echoes in the name would hint at more remakes possibly being planned. While I'm not too keen on remakes of anything in general, if it makes the older games more accessible to the new generation of fans and if they're done responsibly and with proper respect to the original games, then I'd love to see them.

The next one that seems like an obvious game to remake would be Binding Blade, since it features Roy and is another game that was never released outside of Japan. I'd very much like remakes/worldwide releases of Genealogy of the Holy War and Thracia 776, but I don't see them being likely considering social stigmas being different in the US and other countries compared to Japan. A shame though, since Genealogy has one of the best stories in the series.

I already covered my thoughts on Fire Emblem Warriors in the other thread dedicated to it, and I have no interest at all in Fire Emblem Heroes. I don't have and don't want a smart phone to play it on and the gameplay seems too dumbed down and simplified for me (look at that tiny map), though I understand that's kind of the point of a phone game. As for the next main series installment, considering we know nothing about it I can't really comment on it.

Yesterday was a surprise. I couldn't have imagined that there would be four games on the horizon (even if only one of them currently has my interest). We'll see in May whether I'll return to buying Intelligent System's games personally, but it is a really good time to be a Fire Emblem fan.

Last edited:
Back