• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

When Are You Not "Okay"?

When Are You Not "Okay?"

• Every Day.

Votes: 63 52.1%
  • Once a week.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Once every two-three weeks.

Votes: 11 9.1%
  • Once a month.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Once every 2-3 months.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Once every 4-8 months.

• Once every 9-12 months.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Once a year.

• Total voters
I don't think it happens that often for me? I mean every once in a while I'll come across something that reminds me of something that I'd rather not think about and it'll down my mood a little bit but there are so many other things that make up for it and it's easy for me to move on and forget about it for a long while because of those things
I'd say most of the time I'm a pretty happy person, especially with how my life is going right now.

I'm more than ok when I'm surrounded by bffs. but when I'm not which is usually the case I'm miserable as hell :)

I am fine with the music... would actually listen to it but... people would judge me and put death threats in my bookbag... again...

One of the biggest pieces to the puzzle of being happy, is not caring what other people think about you. Truly, being yourself, and being ok-with being yourself. Get some real thick skin. People are gonna laugh? Bounce right off you. People are gonna name call? Bounce right off you. No big deal. Doesn't matter, cause you're enjoying yourself, being what you like. And this includes with your parents. Sorry to say folks-most people are idiots. Men, women, confused men/women, race, any variable you can think of, it doesn't matter. Humans as a whole, aren't that bright. We have done some amazing things. Come up with some obnoxiously impressive inventions. But engines, electricity, medical research and computers aside, there's not a whole lot going on. This includes, many of your parents. If they're going to blow off your friend's suicide like it's no big deal, they aren't very fit to be a parent. That's not to say they don't care, but they're seriously missing the mark on one of the biggest/hardest things you're ever going to go through... So-as hard as it might be-it's important to learn to not care (completely) about what they say, too. At some point, you got to stand up on your own two feet, and start to figure some things out on your own.

All of this, much easier said than done, I know... But it's not impossible. That's where music is a huge motivator for me. It's always been there. In my room, in the car, headphones anywhere I went. Though I understand not everybody is programmed the same, and different people are driven by different things, so what works for me might completely annoy the next guy. But the point is, bring on the death threats. Odds are at exactly 0% that anyone will kill you because you got down with some Hatebreed. The only real consequence is you learn a few songs, eventually a few full albums, show up to a live show when they play in your town, and make some real friends there. That's the other brilliance of metal heads. They are the least judgemental people I know. Show up to a show, you wear what you want, do what you want, nobody cares. There can still be an ******* in the crowd, just like anywhere else, but as a whole, everybody loves everybody.

Not that often but it's hard to count. Depends really. It happens on the odd occasion, usually when I'm feeling stressed out about stuff or finding it hard to cope/deal with my own feelings. Normally I'm a very open and emotional person so I've gotten quite used to being able to process my own emotions, and I have supportive friends who can help me through any troubles I might have. :') But I'm pretty happy most of the time.

It's usually about once a week due to college and associated stress.

I've lost my will to live so like I'm just hanging here by a thread c:

I've got bipolar depression and anxiety, so that shenanigans seems to come in waves. Every few weeks I'll be down for about a week. Also, because I have PCOS all the other symptoms worse at around that time of the month, so that's even more down time.
One would wonder how I manage to have a life. ****, sometimes I wonder that.
I voted everyday, but I'm not down everyday all the time. Like previously said, it comes in waves, which sucks.

I couldn't tell when I'm not. Sometimes, maybe like once a week or a month but even if it's often, I'm pretty sure that I'll be okay before the day ends because someone will always make me feel better :)

a lot of times i feel pretty down, but i only have full blown panic attacks where i can't calm down about once a month.
right now i'm a little down but i'm "okay", but if something big happened, like me thinking too hard about everything, it probably wouldnt go so well

Once ever few weeks, it's not something I can really control, but I'll just have my occasional bad day but I make it through. So I mean usually once a month to like 5 times a month is normal, but sometimes I'll get in a funk and have like a few weeks straight where it's all bad.

And like Pepper said, I kind of stick my foot in the can and jam all my emotions down so I can have them build up until everything erupts, which isn't a good thing to do but that's been my whole life. The smallest thing will happen after the build up to set it all off and people assume I am crazy.

Last edited:
I go through waves of it. Most times is it's once every couple weeks when I have a few days in a row of feeling down, but other times it can be weeks or months of it. Although over the last of year I haven't had a really bad patch, since I've become very emotionally dead inside lmao. I'm very good at shunning things away and not talking to anyone about personal stuff, then proceeding to get mad at myself for not talking to anyone lol.

i have thick skin and is pretty emotionally stable, so i would say once a month some things really affect me.

Probably like once a week lol, but I have breakdowns every month; per 2 weeks at most if I'm really stressed with majors and extra-curricular stuff. I mean idk, I'm usually happy, but I get real bad swings even when something minor happened (i.e. I failed a quiz, I'm overthinking about my crush again, etc.). Like, I guess I'm easily affected by a lot of things?? Not that it's always bad since the smallest of things make me happy too. I'm not sad to the point of every day though; I see to it that I find something to smile about every day. ^^ There are just, you know, times.

I have some garbage going on, so almost every day. I think about it and of course i get upset :/ so that always lingers

I have times when I'm really really not okay and that's usually when I'm getting worried & worked up over something and i just get really bad and I cannot calm down. umm mayb i should ask my counselor about that lol

I used to have incredibly bad depression (and I now have schizoaffective/typal - affective is basically schizophrenia/bipolar), and I went from being bad everyday to having highs and lows. I'm well medicated now and I'm fine almost everyday. I'm forever grateful for medication lol.

Last edited:
I struggle with lifelong depression and a couple other unpleasant things, so every day is a question of "how 'not okay' will today be?"

Back