• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Apple vs Microsoft

Which is best?

• Apple

Votes: 20 35.7%
  • Microsoft

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Both

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 6 10.7%

• Total voters
When it comes to desktop computers, I've had Microsoft and iMacs and prefer Microsoft way more.
When it comes to laptops, I've had both as well and Apple blows Microsoft laptops out of the water.

Phones, always Apple for me.
Just my input :)

I voted for Apple because I use more of their products, but I have an Android phone, so I'm surprised you don't have that (Google) as an option.

I've never had extended use of a mac before, so I can't give an honest opinion because Windows is what I'm most familiar with. Although I do have an iPhone I'm somewhat turned off by it's 16GB base for a 2014 phone. Even the new 7's 32GB is still abysmally small for a base model especially with how big some apps can get and cache.

Last edited:
Both.
I use mac for doing work (school, graphic design, ect). The OSX is very efficient to use, and user experience is great.
microsoft for gaming. windows new ux is meh. Need some working, but good for games though. haha

I use a mac and parition or use VM.

I voted Apple since I use most of their products, I have to have some sort of Apple laptop or desktop computer for the university course I have chosen since I need specific software and it's only availble to Apple. I agree Apple is way over priced, I have had a laptop about 6 years ago with a touch bar for just about ?400 and they're asking ?2,400 for one;-; I would personally choose an Apple produce over Microsoft anyway since I've had nothing but issues with all the products I have owned and my dad is continuously having issues with the surface.

I used to love Microsoft until that horrid Windows update where they ditched the format they used for some 20 years, and attempted to be like Apple. Windows 8, Windows 10, I forget which one it was, because I hate it. Don't know why they had to change something that worked SO well.

Apple's iPod seemed to be supreme over Microsoft's attempt at an MP3 player, the Zune. Anybody remember those? iTunes isn't without it's flaws, but it's the best format for mp3 use. Although this technology is becoming obsolete with the growth of streaming apps. Strange how the world is changing!

I used to love Microsoft until that horrid Windows update where they ditched the format they used for some 20 years, and attempted to be like Apple. Windows 8, Windows 10, I forget which one it was, because I hate it. Don't know why they had to change something that worked SO well.

Apple's iPod seemed to be supreme over Microsoft's attempt at an MP3 player, the Zune. Anybody remember those? iTunes isn't without it's flaws, but it's the best format for mp3 use. Although this technology is becoming obsolete with the growth of streaming apps. Strange how the world is changing!

Oh, yep, I remember those back in 2007 and 2008. Those were complete flops.

sadly I could never afford any of the apple **** so I was stuck with microsoft : )

Back