• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Can we please have a new Sub Forum for City Folk Wiimmfi?

drakeln777

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So now that its been possible (for years might I add), could we please have one for people who want to connect using Wiimmfi and get some nostalgia.

The staff have a pretty strict word on hacking, and in many ways the method people use to regain access to online features is modifying your system to do things that weren't intended for it.

I have asked before about a similar proposal (as I am a hacker myself and felt like there was a large community of players that weren't joining this forum because of the rule), but they said no. They said they'd be willing to compromise as the desires of users here becomes more widespread and noticeable (as well as find ways to deal with the economic consequences here of endorsing hacking), but until then it's a no. And while there aren't any City Folk players coming here for that specific rule, it's probably going to be a long while before they consider it, unfortunately.

Curiously enough, however, the staff have never really commented on Wiimmfi (at least to my knowledge), nor have they locked any threads relating to the discussion of it (unlike when people are talking about hacking New Leaf). Perhaps they don't feel as strongly about it with the older games? I haven't bothered to ask, as I've never tried Wiimmfi before (though I am familiar with it and super proud of how far it has come, and all the effort the development team go through to keep bad players out of it). Either way, I hope that they change their minds eventually.

Thanks for informing me. Let's just hope more people will come to the forums so the staff will notice it more and maybe comment on it. I wanna know their stance on it but that will probably be a while. The thing about Wiimmfi is that you just have to have homebrew and have the disk (so no illegal isos unless you get REALLY deep) and have the homebrew app patch it. I can see why the staff are against it but I feel like if it's just have homebrew, have the app, insert the disk, done, it shouldn't be a threat well at the same time, I see their stance. I guess we'll just have to get the attention of one.

Last edited:
Back