• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Galaxy New 3DS XL

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Apple 🍎
Durian 🌽
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Well, since my dear 3DS XL is now broken, and a repair would cost more than it's worth, I've decided it might be time to buy a new one. I have my sights on the new galaxy edition, but one thing has me worried.. I'm not sure if the galaxy design is actually printed onto the 3DS or if it is only a sticker or if it's something that could easily be scratched off... From the promo pictures, it does look like a sticker a little. However, when watching unboxing/reviews, no one has ever mentioned it, so I'm not sure. Has anyone actually seen it in person and felt it? What does it look like in real life?

Its not a sticker at all. Just tested it. You're completely fine!

The Galaxy 3DS looks so good when you see it in person. The pictures and unboxing videos doesn't do justice haha I didn't end up buying it though because I already have the MHGen XL and they both have blue interior. I just wish it was all purple on Galaxy but still looks awesome regardless. Just like the other limited/special editions, I don't think the design would get easily scratched or peeled off. If you really want it protected, you can spend on those transparent Hori TPU cases (they're called Duraflexi case in America) :)

The Galaxy 3DS looks so good when you see it in person. The pictures and unboxing videos doesn't do justice haha I didn't end up buying it though because I already have the MHGen XL and they both have blue interior. I just wish it was all purple on Galaxy but still looks awesome regardless. Just like the other limited/special editions, I don't think the design would get easily scratched or peeled off. If you really want it protected, you can spend on those transparent Hori TPU cases (they're called Duraflexi case in America) :)

I love the look of the blue interior actually ^_^ It's such a good mix with the purple! I've never actually seen any of the special editions in person, so I didn't know what to expect, lol. As long as it doesn't scratch off easily, I'll be fine without a case :) Now.. To actually find one in stock in stores.. Haha.

i have one! it's not a sticker (as everyone's already said) and it's absolutely gorgeous. i actually wasn't too sure about the blue interior either, but it's lovely, i'm so happy i bought it.

i have one! it's not a sticker (as everyone's already said) and it's absolutely gorgeous. i actually wasn't too sure about the blue interior either, but it's lovely, i'm so happy i bought it.

Could you tell me what the finish is like? Is it as glossy as the normal New 3DS XL? Or shimmery? It seems shimmery to me, but it's a little hard to tell.

Looks amazing! A friend of mine's favourite colour is purple. Would totally get him that as a birthday present or something.

I already have this one, though (which I couldn't have asked better for).

I love the look of the blue interior actually ^_^ It's such a good mix with the purple! I've never actually seen any of the special editions in person, so I didn't know what to expect, lol. As long as it doesn't scratch off easily, I'll be fine without a case :) Now.. To actually find one in stock in stores.. Haha.

It's probably me hoping for a purple interior. I just love what they did with the midnight purple 3ds (OG/regular) but I won't lie, the blue interior looks really good and matches with the overall theme. Oh yeah, I heard it's a little hard to find now :eek: well, at least there, because I can still see them in almost every store here (priced around Php 10500-11000 / $210-220 or 275-290 CAD). Either way, good luck and hope you get one soon!

It's a beautiful 3DS. I never cared for any of the regular new 3DS XL colours available until the Galaxy Style released. My old 3DS XL has had a long life and the hinge has begun to crack so I got the Galaxy Style new 3DS XL to "replace" my old one.

I'm very glad I picked it. It looks even better in person than in any video or image online. They just don't do the system justice. The blue on the inside is also really nice. It contrasts well with the purple exterior and it's a dark enough of a blue that the colour doesn't distract from gameplay.

I use my 3DS a lot and take it with me to college everyday and it still looks brand new several month later. 10/10 would recommend. :)

It's a beautiful 3DS. I never cared for any of the regular new 3DS XL colours available until the Galaxy Style released. My old 3DS XL has had a long life and the hinge has begun to crack so I got the Galaxy Style new 3DS XL to "replace" my old one.

I'm very glad I picked it. It looks even better in person than in any video or image online. They just don't do the system justice. The blue on the inside is also really nice. It contrasts well with the purple exterior and it's a dark enough of a blue that the colour doesn't distract from gameplay.

I use my 3DS a lot and take it with me to college everyday and it still looks brand new several month later. 10/10 would recommend. :)

Okay I'm super excited now ^_^

Right?! I really love it ^_^ I've heard so many people say the design is tacky, but I think it's gorgeous!

That's it, I mean my thoughts are if it's different to the usual colours (black, blue etc) then yeah I'm all for it. Even the new colours they've brought out like the orange and so forth.

Aww congrats on getting a new ds! I love the new galaxy design! I've been eyeing it quite a bit since it came out. I'd totally get one for myself! But my plain black 3dsxl just turned a year old. xD

If I get a new 3ds, the galaxy one is probably the one I would want. It is a really cool design and anything purple is a plus to me. I also like the gold one with the Legend of Zelda logo on it.

That Galaxy 3ds looks amazing, I'd probably get it if it weren't for the whole SD card issue on the New 3ds.

I got it for Chirstmas. It's absolutely beautiful, I'm a sucker for starry designs.

I have the Galaxy one. It's a frickin' dream. I love the dark colour on the inside just as much as the pattern and the sparkling on the outside. And I won't need to get a skin for it, EVER, because of it.

...Kind of makes me feel bad for my old 3DS with its plain blue colour, but at least it has a Great Wave Off Kanagawa skin. Don't worry, old 3DS, I still love you. ;A;

Back