Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Mother's Day Carnation
Mother's Day Carnation
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Does anyone else have not just recurring dreams, but recurring nightmares? I have a few.

The most frequently recurring one is where I'm in a play and I've either forgotten all my lines, or even worse, I procrastinated or just forgot to even look over the lines. And it's opening night. And I'm about to go on stage.
That stupid nightmare happens about twice a month. It's weird because I was never in theater in high school or anything.

The next one is where I'm forced to spend the night alone in my old house (we recently moved). Since we don't live there anymore, it's dark and cold and terrifying to be alone in at night. No idea why I keep dreaming that.

What about ya'll?

recurring nightmares are just nightmares that relate to your current situation. for instance, i always have a nightmare that goes like: i'm going out onto stage for a ballet solo, but suddenly i'm dressed in my normal clothes and they won't let me go onstage, and i'm stuck staring at my teacher's disapproving/disappointed face, and another girl perform my solo. that dreams means i'm afraid of disappointing my ballet teachers, and it usually occurs before a big show, or a bad day at rehearsal.

i can sort of "diagnose" your dreams into what they mean: your first one means anxiety, most likely. since you have forgotten to look at your lines, you're scared about how even if you're confident, you might still fail. that causes anxiety, where you're stuck on stage but you can't say anything.

the second one means loneliness, or being forgotten/left behind. that dream doesn't occur to me very often, maybe it occurs in a different manner for me, but it seems like you're lonely as you're stuck in your old house by yourself. i can also sort of further diagnose it that you're also low-key afraid to leave your old house, maybe some attachments to the house? usually when people linger in past things, such as houses, it symbolizes how you're either afraid of moving forward, or you feel more comfortable in the past. i think it might just mean you're lonely, but i don't know enough about the dream, or you.

usually recurring nightmares means you're afraid of something that might happen. i just like looking into my dream to see what i'm afraid of and why. my "diagnostics" might be completely wrong, but i just simplified the dreams. nightmares always happen though, however it's easier to reoccur if you sleep on your left (studies have proven it but it might be fake, however it seems to work for me). so sleep on your right and see how you're doing, if not then diagnose your own dream.

Wow! That second one sounds horrible. Hopefully that will stop when you're more adjusted to your new place. Very spooky.

Recurring nightmares are awful, especially if they interrupt your sleep. When I was younger I had one quite often where I would see myself falling down the stairs in our home in slow motion, with everything in hideous sepia tone and those little white stars you see when you have a migraine coming on. There's probably a better name for them, blind spots maybe? Anyway, it always scared the crap out of me back then, but I seem to have grown out of it.

Nowadays I have recurring themes rather than experiencing the same nightmare over, but it's always a theme of being chased and being unable to run on two legs, for some reason I can only run on all fours and it's super stressful. It's either that, or I'm back in school for some reason, which is odd because I finished school years ago... No idea why I keep dreaming about it now.

I've only had an issue with recurring nightmares once. I used to have this dream when I was a kid, that a T-Rex was going to eat me. The dream played out the same way, every night for idk how long, until I figured out that I had to act differently. The dreams did stop, once I felt safe, by hiding in a well hidden location I guess. Funny, considering I loved the Jurassic Park movies as a kid, and adored dinosaurs.

almost everytime I have a nightmare it involves me being chased and having to get away as fast as I can, but whatever it is keeps catching up.

When do I NOT have nightmares?

I feel you.

Themes in my nightmares are always about people stealing my stuff or my stuff getting broken, my loved ones dying, house fires, people breaking into my house or setting it on fire, getting lost and my teeth falling out.

My most common and vivid recurring nightmare is of me losing my teeth. I dreamt of this a couple nights before too. It always happens the same way - the dream might be seemingly normal (not really a nightmare) but at one point my teeth will start breaking in my mouth. I have to cover my mouth to hold it in and it's almost as if I can feel the sense of embarrassment.. Plus I can feel the teeth breaking too and crumbling in my mouth. In my last dream I was running a marathon and in the middle of it this happened. When I woke up I ran straight to the bathroom to check my teeth (they were fine).. But it felt so real haha. I need to see a dentist soon I guess :'D

i have a lotttt of nightmares, but commonly recurring ones are losing my teeth or having some kind of demon, monster, or murderer after me

a while back i had a lot of dreams about being cut open and **** like that. it was kinda gross, im glad i dont have those dreams as often any more. i rarely dream now but if i do it isnt usually nightmares

My recurring nightmare is more of an anxiety trigger for me. I am usually working in a restaurant and continually keep messing up with everyone getting mad at me. I get a panic attack until I wake up in a sweat. It sounds silly, but it's absolutely terrifying to me. Actual "nightmares" however, are actually my favourite dreams. Monsters, serial killers, blood and guts, etc.. It's very fun for me to dream about those things. Like I'm in a horror movie ^_^

As a kid I always dreamt about dying. It wasn't the same dream, just always ended in death.
When I told my grandma she bought me a dreamcatcher. It worked, so I guessed it was just something in my subconscious.

I used to have recurring dreams where my teeth would crumble up and I could feel the pieces in my mouth. D: I also had a lot of performing nightmares. The most common one being me returning to my high school marching band to perform at Grand Nationals, but in a show I had never learned or marched before.

Lately I haven't had any recurring nightmares. I do have a lot of dreams where my ex and I reconciling and I really do not like those. They aren't nightmares, but they are not where my mind should be. The burden of reconciliation is on her, and to be honest, I'm not sure I'd accept it even then, so my brain needs to stop with those dreams.

I have recurring dreams (and nightmares) as well. Just last night I had a dream where I was viewing some expensive looking house that had about 20 showers in the bathroom. ._.

I've noticed that most of the nightmares I do get have to do with some sort of historical event happening live while I'm watching TV, and all I do is just sit there in fear.

This is just one of the lovely side effects of taking Zoloft...

My only reoccurring dreams are nightmares, and I know I've posted about my most common one here before, but literally it's just me doing normal stuff and then out of nowhere my teeth start falling out and then I go in front of a mirror and start ripping them out of my gums, it's very realistic and I can feel the pressure in my mouth and release as I rip the teeth out and I feel the blood pouring out of my mouth... it's really horrifying and I usually wake up sweating and check that all my teeth are still there...

^ omg me too with the teeth!! I read though that it means you're stressing or worrying about something.

When I was a kid, I had a recurring nightmare that I was being chased down this street at night and zombie hands would pop up out of the ground and try to grab my ankles. xD And the street was a particular one in my neighborhood!!

I've also had the weird recurring dreams where furniture is getting bigger and you're getting smaller --- but only when I had a fever I was trying to break. Those sucked!

Back