• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

remodeled train stations retain original steel colors? 🔕

dino

resplendent blueberry corndog
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Rainbow Crescent Moon
Dino Plush
Dino Plush
Dino Plush
Shooting Star
Red Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
Blue Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
so i recently got my train station upgrade (thanks for everyone's help who joined in the final push!) and was super thrilled because i'd always hated the original red and it doesn't go with my town's theme at all.

but, when i was travelling to someone's town the other day i noticed that the interior of the station, where you arrive and depart actually remained the same, with the same red steel supports. since this realization, i've been chewing over it in annoyance and resignation that i will never be free of this dreaded red steel.

does this bother anyone else/do you also wish you could change the interior accent to align with remodels/did you know about it before you upgraded, because i've never heard it mentioned by anyone?

I had read about it in advance, but never liked the remodels enough to worry about them needing to match.

If you have ever considered using a hacking program, you can change the color (and would likely keep the remodel)

Last edited:
oh my god i never noticed this before. i have the zen remodel and now i'm gonna have to go see. yea that's annoying. :/

wow people get bother by this?... well then again people bother for what pattern their grass is... for me it doesnt bother one bit

It's a little annoying. I wish with both the town hall and train station remodelling that the interior matched the exterior...how cool would it be to have a modern-themed interior? :D

It doesn't bother me.

Besides it matches in my main town.

What bothered me more is that you can't just remodel the color of your train station and town hall

I wish it matched but honestly, I didn't even notice. lol

wow people get bother by this?... well then again people bother for what pattern their grass is... for me it doesnt bother one bit

I agree.. I never got the grass pattern thing. The steel bars don't annoy me (never noticed it) but I do get a little annoyed by the fact that you can't change the train station / town hall roof colour since I quite like how the original looks but I only like the red and brown roof.

I agree.. I never got the grass pattern thing. The steel bars don't annoy me (never noticed it) but I do get a little annoyed by the fact that you can't change the train station / town hall roof colour since I quite like how the original looks but I only like the red and brown roof.

I also agree. Getting annoyed just because of the grass pattern is just silly. It's gonna be covered in paths or pwps or flowers(or all of the above) anyway. On the other hand, renovating the colors would be awesome.. I'd love to have a pink, sky blue, purple, black, or even white town hall/train station.. Or any color really. Imagine an RGB color wheel for both interior and exterior! It would be great for themed towns that need to use specific colors to match their town best.

Back on topic, the fact that the steel doesn't change doesn't really bother me. My main town got Brown so the Zen remodel I plan to unlock later on matches the interior steel quite nicely imo. Same goes for the Town Hall(I got the Gray roof, the same color that was used in the older AC titles.)

Can't say this has ever bothered me, or if I've even noticed it, honestly... I don't spend enough time in the train station to really take note of it, but the station interior isn't a major attraction in your town so I don't think it's anything to worry about. It's just a platform for you to enter or leave, so it's not like you spend a great amount of time in there anyway. But I do think it would be cool if the interior changed according to the remodel chosen, it'd be a nice glance at the town theme before getting off the train. Other than that, I'm perfectly fine with it as is.

It did bother me enough initially look for have a more neutral colour opposed to the reds/blues when I first resetted for my map, but I was very lucky that I got a Brown Station and Grey Hall so they blend really well. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker for the town map/perfect apples that I was looking for, but I did look out for it so I understand your frustration :)

I had read about it in advance, but never liked the remodels enough to worry about them needing to match.

If you have ever considered using a hacking program, you can change the color (and would likely keep the remodel)

i've considered! but like, don't know that it's worth the effort. also i'm a bit of a perfectionist so i think i might end up two fries short of a happy meal trying to get EVERYTHING in my town to be ~perfect~ and consistent etc.

better not to broach the dragon, i think, lol.

totally fair! for some people it doesn't matter at all. i didn't care when i started and for a long time about anything like maps or grasses or even pwp placement really. different folks, different strokes

It's a little annoying. I wish with both the town hall and train station remodelling that the interior matched the exterior...how cool would it be to have a modern-themed interior? :D

same feel exactly hon! got the modern and was like yuuus here we come friends - and then. :rolleyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

It did bother me enough initially look for have a more neutral colour opposed to the reds/blues when I first resetted for my map, but I was very lucky that I got a Brown Station and Grey Hall so they blend really well. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker for the town map/perfect apples that I was looking for, but I did look out for it so I understand your frustration :)

haha, yeah, appreciate! definitely get the prioritization of town features mhm

way to go you on getting what works for ya though :') always nice to have.

the steel bars for me are fine. If I ever get the Zen train station I have brown steel bars so it will match just fine.

I guess I'm just really lucky-

lmao i have gotten 8 like from this post :p but then again people would agreed with this that for some arent bother and then there are people who bother lol

I don't really get too bothered by it, but it would be really nice if the interior matched the theme of the station's exterior. So then when you go to someone's town or they go to yours, it's like they/you know what kind of station's there.

I noticed but it doesn't bother me one bit. If it does, I'd probably worry about the interior of Mayor's office matching my Modern town hall or something, first before anything, but I'm perfectly okay of how they are haha

I didn't realize there was different colors! I just checked and mines brown. The town hall can be different too??

Back