Dealing with stress

Whatever makes me happy. Sleeping, eating, playing games, tv, whatever.

I usually:

. Play video games
. Watch tv shows
. Talk to friends, family and my boyfriend
. Clean/organize my room
. Take a nice bubble bath
. Go for a walk outside
. Sing
. Listen to music
. Meditate
. Do yoga
. Take deep, slow breaths
. Burn candles or incenses
. Write
. Cry
. Eat some comfort food or drink juice or tea
. Go on Tumblr for calming inspiration... or for the latest dank memes

Meditation and Journaling. It helps me stay focused on what I am trying to achieve in life and really relaxes me somehow. Although my meditation is completely different than the usual meditation.

I either cry and breakdown (lol) or recently I've found that going out for a drive and blasting happy music puts me in a really good mood/relieves a ton of stress. Also, when I get really stressed out I find that it manifests itself in the form of pain in my neck and back so I take a nice warm bubble bath and it really helps, both my mood and the pain.

Music helps a lot and talking to people I trust about my stresses

i don't :'D
i just let all of my stress bottle up and i have a full-on breakdown when it finally catches up to me

Gaming relieves it a little. I used to game almost every night for about an hour to take my mind off things. But when I reach my breaking point, crying and breaking down is my go to thing lmao. Listening to music kinda helps. But I've gotten better at holding it in I guess and recognising when I'm stressed...

Things that make me happy like eating nice food, watching anime, reading, drawing, whatever takes my mind off it and then I suffer the next day.

Distractions mostly. I used to go for a drive but I'm hardly well enough these days to even feel like going out so I tend to shut myself in and find something to keep my mind occupied.

eat, sleep, cry.. that's my daily routine. hah
very unhealthy lifestyle, but it lift my stress a bit.

overall, I try to distract myself

Yup, distraction for me as well. Cleaning up usually, then when I'm tired from that, I'll have a snack and probably watch TV and feel better again.

gaming, comfort food, reading, watching cartoons.. Pretty much that. Also listening to audiobooks is very nice when I'm stressed out!

my dogs are always really good to me. when im stressed out over things like school, they come and cuddle with me and try to play ball, and that alone just defuses everything. and when im stressed around my friends, they often make jokes or do stupid stuff to cheer me up.
but when im by myself, i think i calm down the fastest. i think about why im stressed out and what i can do to solve it. and i feel much better because i know i wont ever be stressed out by it again.

im a very tranquil person in general. or... the "idc" type if thats more accurate, haha.

Last edited:
Two words: rock show. Moshing, circle pitting, crowd surfing. I leave an example here in the video, though the sound is terrible, and you can't really get a feeling for what anything is like live watching it on a screen. But it still gives you somewhat of an idea.

Whatever is on your mind, whatever's been weighing you down, a burden on your shoulders, all gets left behind after a night of completely exhausting yourself at a rock show. The feeling of leaving the venue fatigued, sweating, maybe even a little beat up, is the best feeling in the world. And the brilliance of it all, is at the end of the night when the lights go on, everybody is high-fiving. Through the ferocity, you bond friendships and brotherhood. Whatever was bothering you beforehand? Doesn't matter anymore. That concern is long gone.

It's not a 100% cure-all, don't get me wrong. It's not going to make your ex or your boss completely disappear off the planet. lol But trust me, it helps and relieves more stress than you would ever imagine.

Back