Festive Bell
Green Christmas Stocking
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Rainbow Feather
Yellow Pansy
Pikachu Easter Egg
This thread is less about eating and more about games you tend to go back to when stressed or overwhelmed. Like do you bury yourself back in a game that reminds you of good times when you were young or do you spend time with a game with easy repetitive motions like a FPS?

I've found I tend to bury myself into a good FPS when I'm feeling pretty tense, mostly as a way to release some frustration or to get a comfortable motion going. Destiny was it for a while until Overwatch and Titanfall 2 hit.

What about you guys?

Animal Crossing, but that's how it was for me mainly in 2009 and 2010, since I don't have as much time for video games now.
I'm referring pretty much to City Folk BTW.

Last edited:
This may not be the best stress reliever, but I really like to play The Binding of Isaac when I'm stressed or angry about something. It's fun for me to see all of the neat synergies and it gives me something to do.

Definitely Animal Crossing. Seriously, god bless that game.

Goes without saying, Animal Crossing. Stardew Valley has been another I've been going to lately, especially as I'm winding down for the night.

Last edited:
i usually just play whatever i feel like, like if i'm just craving to play pokemon, or a specific part of the game, i'll go play it. it's usually pokemon that i crave though, it's never been overwatch or league of legends.

The Final Fantasy series. And mostly either Final Fantasy VI, VII, and Tactics, as those are my favorites. But I also really enjoy X/X-2 and the XIII trilogy.

Nostalgia: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Comfort: Animal Crossing New Leaf
Relaxing: I play a lot of FPS, but right now it's Overwatch and Star Wars Battlefront.

ACNL would be a biggie... thank the lord for that game... i dont think i would be here without ACNL... my villagers were my little doctors and nurses during the time i was depressed... Thank you Nintendo...

Bloons Tower Defense is such a great time waster and stress reliever. It's so satisfying to hear thousands of bloons/balloons popping due to the dozens of missile launchers I have set up.

I enjoy Fantasy Life, ANCL, and a few of the Harvest Moon games. I used to play Skyrim and Destiny a lot during school for stress relief.

one that has kind of been a 'recent revelation' i suppose you could say was when i actually got twilight princess again and started playing it. it honestly relaxes me so much, and it makes me feel really comfortable especially when i'm stressed. the day i started playing again after so long i'd gotten extremely nostalgic and i literally had been in the best mood i've had in... soooo long. i miss feeling so elated.

ACNL goes without saying :) It's just such a peaceful, cute game to chill out too.

Otherwise Splatoon would be another one. Nothing like trying to smash some squidbaggers when you're upset :p It's just another easy, chill game to play when I wanna chill out.

Oh yes, I play Splatoon and Mario Kart 8 especially when I'm not in the best mood to take it out on some randoms oops haha kidding. Only those annoying people and cheaters haha. I haven't been online lately though. I just play games in general to relieve stress.

When I'm stressed out of my mind, I either play Sakura Wars or play something like a simulation game (Story of Seasons, Fantasy Life, etc). Or just anything with a relaxing soundtrack

Animal Crossing <3 Has brought my stress down so many times.
If I feel like going on a killing rampage I turn on GTAV.
Drastically different games, for drastically different circumstances

My gaming "comfort foods" are definitely Zelda games. Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Link's Awakening... I consider them all equal in terms of enjoyment, having played them multiple times over the years, I can go back to them very easily and they're always a relaxing experience.

Another one was Star Fox Adventures. I've played that game time and time again and the scenery in it is extremely therapeutic for me, along with the tribal soundtrack and ambience. That game will always have a special place in my heart, it's about time I revisited it again.

Lately I've picked up Stardew Valley and it's having the same effect on me as Animal Crossing. It's relaxing, and I can play it rather extensively when I have time, so I'd consider them both to be "comfort foods" as well.

when i'm feeling down, i'm mostly into rogue-lite games like Nuclear Throne, Risk of Rain and Spelunky. they're all good for either short or extended sessions, and there's no deep plot that craves your attention. you just gotta run and jump and shoot and whatnot

Back