• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Using 2 different 3DS

rosabelle

More sweets please 🍰
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Yoshi Easter Egg
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Togepi Easter Egg
Hey there :D I just recently got the game as a gift and was wondering if it would be okay to use 2 different 3DS? One is my brother's which is the old 3DS XL (doesn't have an NFC reader yet) which I first put my game in and the second one is my cousin's New 3DS LL (borrowed) which I plan to play on in case I wan't to scan amiibo cards. Will this mess up save files or something?

It shouldn't like the other games the save file is on the cartridge so you shouldn't have a problem playing from different consoles.

Shouldn't have an issue no, but the only problem you may run into is the friends code will be different on both consoles.

Agreeing with the above, but chiming in to point out also that the accumulated play coins on each 3DS will also be different, depending on how many each 3DS has.

Be wary of the time and date settings! If you put your ACNL cartridge in a 3ds with a different time you will automatically time travel in game. It happened to me once (I use two 3ds systems), I had forgotten I had been messing with the time on one 3ds and my town got transported back to 2015 lol.

Last edited:
Be wary of the time and date settings! If you put your ACNL cartridge in a 3ds with a different time you will automatically time travel in game. It happened to me once (I use two 3ds systems), I had forgotten I had been
messing with the time on one 3ds and my town got transported back to 2015 lol.

Oh that's actually good to know, thanks. It seems so obvious now, but I never thought of that!

Oh, also I love your photo! "...Do we fight for the right to a night at the opera now?"

I think DA's can also be changed if you switch between devices, as well as the homes on the happy home showcase or whatever it's called. Like the others mentioned above, always make sure the dates are the same on both devices so it doesn't mess up your game!

Back