Dr. Shrunk is (NOT?) in the house!

What do you think about Dr. Shrunk's design?

• Total voters
His eyes are creepy but besides that, I think they did a good job based off of the creature he is based off of.

Personally I don't think he should have been an axolotl. I mean, why would you associate an axolotl with psychology, expressions, or comedy? How many kids even know what an axolotl is? His purpose in the game is to give your character expressions, and axolotls aren't particularly known for their expressiveness. I think it would've made much more sense for him to be a chameleon. Chameleons are known for using their color to show emotion, they can easily pull off the goofy look, and are much more recognizable!

Seven people put "Idrc About This Poll Or You" Tbh."

I got a good laugh out of that... that's why I put it as an option.

I love his outfit, it totally fits the comedian side of him.

Wir1XA4.jpg

Anyway, I'm fine with Shrunk's design; It suits his character. I mean he's not cute or anything, but..I mean, it's Shrunk, I don't think he's meant to be lol.

Came here to say the exact same thing. :p
His design comes off as awkward and goofy looking imo. But... That portrays his personality pretty well. And I like it like that too.

I like him and usually dance with him when no one is in the club.
For almost a year he stood outside of Club LOL in my extra town. At the time it wasn't a real town and I said no to the petition.
Each day he stood in front of Club LOL waiting and I finally gave in. Got the petition so he could be inside.

It's nice having extra Clubs for my other towns players to visit on a Saturdays.

I actually quite like Shrunk and his design. He looks and acts a goofball and I find it adorable and fitting to what he was intended to be(a comedian). ♥ ^ᴗ^

Personally I don't think he should have been an axolotl. I mean, why would you associate an axolotl with psychology, expressions, or comedy? How many kids even know what an axolotl is?

I could see them choosing something unfamiliar for precisely that reason. Shrunk is awkward and nobody seems to "get" him - makes sense to me that he'd be represented by an equally "weird" animal. Plus, real axolotls look like they're smiling to me, which might be the connection to comedy.

That, or Japanese children know more about the animal than we do - maybe they're really popular there? :eek:

I think he looks "good" wouldn't want him as a villager in my town... but I could see him in say, a Seinfeld episode or something :p

I think he looks appropriate for his role in the game, honestly.

For me, the mustache makes him look a lot nicer than he did in City Folk. Also, let's not forget, Mudkips are Axolotls, too, and we all see how well-received they are. Also, the following is obligatory.
47f.jpg

I used to think of him as a human having a bad hair day when I saw him the first time asking for signatures. I can't unsee it until now. Axolotl looks cute in real life but he looks closer to a human to me than animal haha

Funny, I thought somewhat similar. I thought he was a goofy looking guy, never thought much of him as any kind of animal. Then one night, like 6 months or more after playing...I went to visit K.K. Slider on a Saturday night. He (Dr. Shrunk) was facing the stage, and I noticed..........A TAIL. I was like "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? He's some kind of creature, not a human!" haha

Back