• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How sensitive are you?

How sensitive are you?

• I'm stone cold. (Not at all)

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • That hurt me, but you wouldn't know it. (A little)

Votes: 113 39.5%
  • I'm sad and I show it. (Moderately)

Votes: 80 28.0%
  • I'm drowning in my tears right now. (Severely)

Votes: 69 24.1%

• Total voters
people tell me im as stiff as a board, so i dont think im very sensitive at all, nothing thats meant to be emotional ever really gets to me (tv shows, movies, anime, etc.). thats not to say irl stuff doesnt bother me sometimes but fictional stuff has never really ever made me emotional at all

I was a huge crybaby growing up, to the point where I would always be like "huh, haven't cried in school yet this school year!" but it would always happen lmao. I think I cried at least once publicly in school every year up until 10th grade (and that was when I sprained my ankle so I feel like that deserves a pass lol). I don't really remember crying in high school after that.

I think I've gotten better about not crying in front of people, but I still get hurt feelings pretty easily. I'm trying to work on it.

I'm sensitive enough that if somebody is picking on me I'm not going to shake it off. I'm going to tell them shut up (I'll probably be nice about it) and I'll express that I feel frustration when something is not going well. I don't really cry in school unless I get injured. So I'd say that I'm moderately sensitive. Also, we are going to ignore the time when I was hardcore pms-ing and I was cramping while running the mile and I literally couldn't breathe and it was 20 degrees outside and dry (thanks utah) so I started crying while running (i ran a 10:54 mile- embarrassing). Besides that, I'm usually pretty mellow about things.

I'm fairly sensitive, but at the same time I try not to cry a lot in front of other people so I probably appear less sensitive and affected by things than I actually am

It really depends of the situation but usually m very cold to tragic or sad events.
Im a very passionate person but at tbe same time im always striving to maintain my mental health control and balanced
There are few situations that can overcome my control but in tbe meantime we cant be reluctant tomsuffer and cry a few times
Even thoug im very strong while dealing with my emptions im also a very funny and warm people to relate, always trying to be my best version

idk which i am so i put the 2nd one
i get a little upset at things but i don't really seem sad i guess

like i'll build sadness up then when i reach my limit i'll go off and be alone for a day and not talk to anyone
then i'm completely fine the next day and would have forgotten whatever or forgiven whoever upset me

there’s a direct relationship between my emotional/personal investment into something and how sensitive i am

i mean, like for work related stuff i used to care a LOT like i was so personally invested

so when my manager tried to lie about me/ruin my reputation /embarrass me in front of execs, i was absolutely destroyed to the point where i’d cry nearly every day on the drive to the office, my stomach would (very audibly) turn into knots near her presence and she’d snap at me or something and id have to leave the room and cry in the parking lot, etc. overall just my mental health was in pieces

anyway yeah over time i started to care less and less. just defense mechanisms i guess. obviously i would try to cover up my sensitivity as much as i could and eventually i didn’t need to anymore but i felt less motivated/invested as a result

Just a little bit, but that's because I have to bottle up my emotions or else someone thinks that's a little too emotional. Sometimes, I can't feel angry or sad just because I'm not allowed to. I think it's important to show moderate levels of emotions so we as humans can feel free to express ourselves whether we're sad, happy, or angry. Isn't there a consequence if you keep hiding your emotions?

I was a very sensitive person and in many ways I still am but I've grown to not take certain things personally anymore. Now that I'm older, I can see a lot of people are just really insecure and that's why they do things to hurt you on purpose. It takes away their power to be like eh, whatever. And why should I care for the opinions of people I don't even like? People don't think I'm sensitive, partly because I'm on the spectrum and it's hard for people to tell and I don't like showing people how I feel anyway.

It really depends. If I'm in public, I try not to show anything and keep my composure if anything upsets me. Whereas if I'm at home, I'll probably cry at the slightest thing for weeks lmao. I'm trying to stop being so sensitive but it's hard when life keeps testing me :']

I commented on this years ago, but I’ve gone through a lot of changes since then so my answer has changed. I’ve pretty much learned that words only have as much meaning as you give them. Here’s an example, just imagine you’re wearing a black shirt right now...

If someone tells you “That’s an ugly black shirt.”
You may be upset, you may be hurt.
However, if someone tells you “That’s an ugly white shirt.” You would just look at them confused. If you don’t believe the shirt is white, why would you believe the shirt is ugly?

You basically have to learn how to not let someone else’s opinion affect you.

I am on the spectrum, so I can be a very sensitive person. ;-;

For example, let's say someone yells at me...that would be enough to make me cry, or at least overwhelm me with sadness and anxiety for a while.

I don't know if this is related, but I am also a chronic overthinker The littlest thing can send my mind spiraling into a bunch of "what if"s.

I put hurt but you wouldnt know it. I stopped caring about alot of people's opinions as i got older and as a result i do tend to offend or hurt others feelings unintentionally. But there are some things that just get under my skin that probably shouldnt.

When I was young I was really sensitive, I'd cry at quite a lot of things even if they were only trivial. Nowadays I'm not that sensitive, I get emotional a lot less then I used to and most of the time if I was hurt by something I'd just hide it and deal with by myself away from people.

I've learned over the years that I'm actually not as sensitive as I thought. For a woman especially, I've been informed I'm rather logical and cold. I was encouraged to sensitivity by both parents growing up, but it's something I've lost over time, or else never had much to begin with. I do get a little touchy sometimes when I'm criticized, though, so I picked "a little." And I do get impatient for people who expect humans to be robots. I don't think it's good to live through life either perpetually offended, or perpetually robotic. There has to be a balance somewhere.

i have a severe tendency to cry no matter what emotion i'm feeling! it's not really about sadness for me just about feeling overwhelmed with any emotion

I've cried once in the last decade, and that were at my grandfathers funeral, it wasn't so much his death that hit me, but inside of the cemetery flowers lined from the entrance to the altar, and at the very end there were a card that simply read "Thank you for everything" And as I read the card I felt everyone´s sorrow, longing, and pain surge through me. That moment in time have been burnt into my mind ever since, and if I think about it the very same feelings still consume me.
As a guy who went through hell with a severe depression from age 10-20 my feelings are all but gone, locked down somewhere deep within me, it feels like I'm wearing a mask every waking moment, but that memory still gets me..

Sometimes I feel like I am the most sensitive person on earth. Sometimes I think I feel things that no one else feels or not as intensely (which is super not true and pretty selfish). I am so emotional about so many things. It makes little stuff bother me more than it should but it also helps me appreciate certain things more.

Back